v Millwall (A) Match Thread

Woodley Ram

3 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

I can take losing games, it happens. What I want to see is lessons being learned and improvement where it can be made. Lampard needs to show us thst he can figure out solutions to the obvious problems on the pitch.

No need to start calling for his head and writing off a whole season yet.

Tbh - unless we're in a relegation battle come the spring I wont be calling for anyone's head. I want us to have the transitional season we need, where we stick with the same staff and finally get rid of all the overpaid tosh we've accumulated over the last few seasons.

But I agree, we have to see some progress. If lessons aren't learnt during this season, there's no reason to believe they'll be learnt before next season either.

• Replies 731
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Summed up well on the half-time show on RamsTV for me. Millwall look like a side who have been drilled in their way of playing for a few years now. We look exactly what we are. A team that has been playing a completely different style each season due to regular chopping and changing.

I'm not really enjoying what I'm seeing, but FL needs time to develop his style. That doesn't necessarily mean persisting with things if they're going wrong, we came out and played differently vs Reading after half-time and didn't do too badly. The game isn't over if we can get the next goal, although I'm not overly expectant.

Evans on for Johnson, hopefully. Mount needs to show a bit more. Tomori has been a shambles. 

We've really looked short of ideas when trying to move the ball up the pitch. We tend to pass backwards and sideways far too readily. Millwall are just sitting in and waiting for us to make the mistakes. They've been fortunate, very fortunate, but we really have constructed our own downfall. 

Funny how certain people are saying Lampard gone by Christmas, we should give him time to grow into the role regardless of how rough the journey is at times. 

5 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

I'm all for playing the youth, and building towards something. Use this as a transitional season.

But if you're going to do that, why waste £5m on Waghorn and £30k per week wages? It was utterly pointless. We should have used that money to solve the holding midfield and linking midfield slots.

Agree with this 100%. I'd much rather see Bennett or Marriott up there.

Sith Happens
Just now, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

I’m not at the game but have taken this from the Sky Sports App. 

Is this correct and if so how the duck are we 2-0 down. 

Tip Tap around the back again I’m guessing to generate that level of possession stats ??‍♂️

D5F10682-E625-4815-AD10-FC6C2AB265B1.png

Just proves that possession means nothing. Last season when we beat Hull 5-0 with only 30% or whatever people moaned we were lucky to win because of the possession stat.

Useless stat.

That was dog poo. Bryson should never be on the same pitch with Johnson, unless it’s Sunday league football. Frank needs his uncle in his ear  asap. Probably the most tactically inept manager in our history. But after 2 games he’s bound to be, big learning curve for him. I do expect him to learn quickly though. Let’s match up their 4/4/2 with 3 subs. Marriott on with Waghorn ( who looks terrible and terribly isolated) and shore up the defence. I am scared of our short term future. We can’t have any money left to correct the imbalance of the squad 

Just now, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

I’m not at the game but have taken this from the Sky Sports App. 

Is this correct and if so how the duck are we 2-0 down. 

Tip Tap around the back again I’m guessing to generate that level of possession stats ??‍♂️

D5F10682-E625-4815-AD10-FC6C2AB265B1.png

Didn't realise we had that much of the ball, the amount we've given it away this half I didn't think it was actually possible.

Shows how far stats can go to tell the story of a game though. 70% of the ball and we're lucky to only be 2 down.

11 minutes ago, WAGHORNY RAM99 said:

With buttefield Cdm the team will be a shambles, the best team we can field in my opinion  is:

Carson

Wisdom  davies pearce Malone

Hudds  evans

Jozefoon        Mount   Waghorn

Marriot

We have signed loads of players but not addressed key areas of the team e.g Cb and holding midfielder , so our team is looking worse not better than last year.

Why? His best game for us was deep and controlling the game against Wolves, in his very first interview with us he stated he wanted to have the lost passes on the pitch. A player capable of playing as a pivot will transform us. 

That team is miles away from Lampard’s vision. 

Archived