v Millwall (A) Match Thread

Woodley Ram

• Replies 731
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TobyWanKenobi
46 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

We cannot play this system without someone in the midfield who knows how to pass a ducking ball.

Huddlestone or Thorne are needed.

1 minute ago, 86 points said:

I don't think that I've said anywhere that we're promotion certainties. Quite the opposite. I'm pretty consistent in my thinking and have been since I joined the forum. I want manager's to be given time, especially so if they are playing in a manner that excites the fans. This is an entertainment business after all. The only one I really wanted shot of was old blockhead and that was because he was a toxic see you next Tuesday. I fully expect Frank to have us up around the playoffs in any case and my happyclapper guess pre-season was 4-5th but I'll happily settle for us building a team that is in keeping with how we want to play and to see us making progress towards that vision, even if it takes a year. There'll be no bedwetting from me if we don't go up in Frank's first season, I can assure you and I still maintain that as and when we start to gel, this team is capable of dismantling some of the other teams in the div in a way we've not really seen since Mac1. Pour as much scorn on my thinking as you like. It won't alter my mindset!

Right with you on that. We aren’t a team yet -  I got all excited having been to the Soton game but life isn’t that easy. So having seen 3 games .. reality hits big owch and face full of cold water .. but, like the song, things can only get better. There is talent aplenty. Just need to get it working together and as the ausssies say ... “ She’ll be right”

COYR

10 minutes ago, BobbyD said:

At the leeds game it appeared to me , especially in the second half, that pretty well every player had no idea what they were supposed to be doing once they received the ball. So consequently no-one wanted the ball. We were a bunch  of strangers who looked like they had never met before. No concept of team at all. And seemingly very uncomfortable with how they are being asked to play. It cannot have been any surprise whatsoever to encounter the style of leeds or millwall.

Very early days of course but you do wonder what on earth they all do in training every day. 

Is that what you saw today? If not, then that's progress, no? I thought Leeds were very good on the day and I think we were not but even in that game, there were flashes of potential. Like I said to McLovin, if we still look all at sea after 10 games then feel free to let me know but citing the second game against one of the best teams in this div as proof that the players are not being coached properly is only going to get one kind of reaction out of me. Sorry! Anyway, I think I've made my thinking pretty clear and wrong or right, I can't explain it any other way so let's just agree to disagree for now.

4 minutes ago, 86 points said:

I don't think that I've said anywhere that we're promotion certainties. Quite the opposite. I'm pretty consistent in my thinking and have been since I joined the forum. I want manager's to be given time, especially so if they are playing in a manner that excites the fans. This is an entertainment business after all. The only one I really wanted shot of was old blockhead and that was because he was a toxic see you next Tuesday. I fully expect Frank to have us up around the playoffs in any case and my happyclapper guess pre-season was 4-5th but I'll happily settle for us building a team that is in keeping with how we want to play and to see us making progress towards that vision, even if it takes a year. There'll be no bedwetting from me if we don't go up in Frank's first season, I can assure you and I still maintain that as and when we start to gel, this team is capable of dismantling some of the other teams in the div in a way we've not really seen since Mac1. Pour as much scorn on my thinking as you like. It won't alter my mindset!

But weren’t you one of those who criticised myself and others about our criticism of Rowett when we said that his football was dire using the argument that the style of football didn’t matter?

You seem to be twisting words to get easy likes. I was one of those in favour of getting a new manager with new entertaining ideas like a Lampard if it meant that we played progressive football. I’m willing to give Lampard all the time in the world but giving the same time to some of the players who clearly won’t be able to adapt? That’s a different story when it’s clear some of them can’t play high energetic football.

We will win this League, somewhere over the rainbow, all in good time, when the time is right. 

Too many changes too soon, now we have nowhere near a settled side, too many other teams do have an organised team. We are two games off a bad start and two games off an average start. 

PistoldPete2
2 hours ago, RamsFan10 said:

Tomori has been at fault for 4 goals in 110 minutes of league football. Not quite sure how we’ve all concluded he’s amazing.

Tomori is not a CB. I really don't know why frank and jOdy think he can play there. 

3 minutes ago, McLovin said:

But weren’t you one of those who criticised myself and others about our criticism of Rowett when we said that his football was dire using the argument that the style of football didn’t matter?

You seem to be twisting words to get easy likes. I was one of those in favour of getting a new manager with new entertaining ideas like a Lampard if it meant that we played progressive football. I’m willing to give Lampard all the time in the world but giving the same time to some of the players who clearly won’t be able to adapt? That’s a different story when it’s clear some of them can’t play high energetic football.

No I wasn't I was one of the ones who argued that we needed stability and sacking Rowett mid-season would be madness. I also stood my guns when he was vilified despite taking us to the playoffs. The reason I ultimately turned on Rowett was because he fooked off to Stoke for more cash the very first moment he could. If you'd like to cite any of the posts where I'm saying the style of football was great then feel free mate. Other wise drop me out. I say the same thing about every manager, always will, just like every season you pretend you know more than the incumbent does. The net result of arguing with you is hardly likely to result in easy likes anyway mate, most likely it'll just bore the arse of every other poor bugger on the thread. Enjoy your evening ?

2 minutes ago, 86 points said:

No I wasn't I was one of the ones who argued that we needed stability and sacking Rowett mid-season would be madness. I also stood my guns when he was vilified despite taking us to the playoffs. The reason I ultimately turned on Rowett was because he fooked off to Stoke for more cash the very first moment he could. If you'd like to cite any of the posts where I'm saying the style of football was great then feel free mate. Other wise drop me out. I say the same thing about every manager, always will, just like every season you pretend you know more than the incumbent does. The net result of arguing with you is hardly likely to result in easy likes anyway mate, most likely it'll just bore the arse of every other poor bugger on the thread. Enjoy your evening ?

Fair enough, enjoy your evening too. I was critical of Rowett because his short term outlook was ridiculous and was proved right afterwards, now everyone’s in agreement about what Rowett was.  

Wont see any complaints from me about a manager who tries to encourage his team to play good football but a manager who tries to play boring football every week will naturally be criticised. I foresee a season of transition though, a bit like Bris suggested, albeit prematurely. We will probably be at the end of some heavy beatings like the Leeds game but next season we will be better for it. Next summer,  Lampard will know what he specifically needs.

12 minutes ago, 86 points said:

Is that what you saw today? If not, then that's progress, no? I thought Leeds were very good on the day and I think we were not but even in that game, there were flashes of potential. Like I said to McLovin, if we still look all at sea after 10 games then feel free to let me know but citing the second game against one of the best teams in this div as proof that the players are not being coached properly is only going to get one kind of reaction out of me. Sorry! Anyway, I think I've made my thinking pretty clear and wrong or right, I can't explain it any other way so let's just agree to disagree for now.

Didnt see todays. Just giving my view on what i saw last week. Leeds were absolutely tremendous indeed, but you do wonder how much we helped them.

Think you might be seeing arguments where there are none.

No judgements from me at this very early stage. happy to give frank more than enough time to do what he wants. Leeds so early followed by always difficult millwall away is pretty tough going so early in the season. Two home games over the next few days should help us in our development 

5 minutes ago, 86 points said:

Get that.  Increasingly noticing an element that needs to blame someone else if something goes wrong whether that’s in everyday life or the rams.  In my industry not every investment goes right it is a risk which I clearly point out.  Never less I cam guarantee that apart from the odd person of principle most try to blame anything/anybody rather than accept it was their choice.  I support DCFC it is my fault nobody else and I will defend the current players and management through thick and thin.  I support a side with championship players who make mistakes.  Today wasn’t great, I am worried that FL has an enormous learning curve, I’m worried that keo has been with us a season too long, I’m worried flo jo has no end product, I’m worried that we have once again gambled heavily but blame any of these guys for my ridiculous expectations, hell no.  It is What it is being a supporter of DCFC.

Forsyth was my MOTM today, also.

He had one slight hiccup; when he was so frustrated that Lawrence had wasted a superb through ball from him, he decided to provide a through ball to a Millwall attacker. But he recovered well to tackle back and no harm came. Didn't even concede a corner from it.

Most of the things we did in that second half went through Fozzy at some stage.

2 minutes ago, BobbyD said:

Didnt see todays. Just giving my view on what i saw last week. Leeds were absolutely tremendous indeed, but you do wonder how much we helped them.

No judgements from me at this very early stage. happy to give frank more than enough time to do what he wants. Leeds so early followed by always difficult millwall away is pretty tough going so early in the season. Two home games over the next few days should help us in our development 

Fair do's Bobby. I was just pointing out that I'm not surprised we looked a bit at sea in only the second game and against a very good and well drilled side and as such, drawing any hard and fast conclusions from the game seemed a tad premature. Frank's made some mistakes I grant you but surely that's to be expected. The measure of him and the team will be whether they can learn and adapt. I believe they can.

Frustrating thing today was that we suddenly remembered how to play on the front foot when it was too late.

We looked so tentative in the first half, scarcely playing a forward pass.

The back four needs Davies back and quickly. 

Fair play to the subs who showed a bit of fight.

13 minutes ago, BobbyD said:

No judgments from me either and I think you’re right with people wanting to see arguments when there are none. We all want Lampard to succeed don’t we? We all want to play good football don’t we? We all want a team we can be proud of don’t we?

I’ve used the England national team example quite a lot. A few years ago I couldn’t have cared less about the England team because the team was boring, had no identity and was full of over the hill players. That’s how I felt with Rowett’s football last season. But this World Cup? I used to get excited before England games because they played very good football. Same thing applies to Derby, I won’t criticise a man personally who is trying to implement a positive philosophy into the team. It may take time, in fact I’m convinced it will take time but Lampard will always have my support if he carries on being positive. That will never be in doubt.

Archived