loweman2 is a Derby County legend

IslandExile

I am new to posting on the forum but I have read it for a while.  I enjoy all of the posts on here - football fans generally have a great sense of humour and that is regularly demonstrated here. Nevertheless, there is one person's posts that I look forward to more than any other....loweman2's.

I was born in Derby in the 1960, became a Rams fan during Clough's first season, was a season ticket holder during the dark years and now I am exiled on the Isle of Wight - lovely place but makes getting to games difficult/expensive.

I just love loweman2's posts, they bring back so many wonderful memories of times I hold with dear affection.

I believe, under Frank, we are now at the early stages of another special time in our history. Sentiment meant I was really excited about the Nigel Clough's appointment, the work he did was underrated, and I enjoyed Burley's football, maybe Mac1's too though I didn't care too much for Steve himself.

Back to loweman2.....Frank himself recognizes the importance of the club's history. He mentions it whenever possible. Moreover, Mel is first and foremost a fan. I am sure the club could be persuaded to create a museum to house loweman2's collection - assuming loweman2 would be open to that. He should retain ownership, of course, but those beautiful items should be on public and prominent display (maybe not matchdays when the beer is flowing but for stadium tours). loweman2 would be curator and maybe a tour guide ?

We should seek loweman2's approval and then rally round a campaign, lobbying the powers that be and bring this to fruition.

Best wishes to all. Thank you Loweman2. COYR.

-Paul

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

I am new to posting on the forum but I have read it for a while.  I enjoy all of the posts on here - football fans generally have a great sense of humour and that is regularly demonstrated here. Nevertheless, there is one person's posts that I look forward to more than any other....loweman2's.

I was born in Derby in the 1960, became a Rams fan during Clough's first season, was a season ticket holder during the dark years and now I am exiled on the Isle of Wight - lovely place but makes getting to games difficult/expensive.

I just love loweman2's posts, they bring back so many wonderful memories of times I hold with dear affection.

I believe, under Frank, we are now at the early stages of another special time in our history. Sentiment meant I was really excited about the Nigel Clough's appointment, the work he did was underrated, and I enjoyed Burley's football, maybe Mac1's too though I didn't care too much for Steve himself.

Back to loweman2.....Frank himself recognizes the importance of the club's history. He mentions it whenever possible. Moreover, Mel is first and foremost a fan. I am sure the club could be persuaded to create a museum to house loweman2's collection - assuming loweman2 would be open to that. He should retain ownership, of course, but those beautiful items should be on public and prominent display (maybe not matchdays when the beer is flowing but for stadium tours). loweman2 would be curator and maybe a tour guide ?

We should seek loweman2's approval and then rally round a campaign, lobbying the powers that be and bring this to fruition.

-Paul

?? candle light meal for two for this love in ? ? lol

I love @loweman2's work also, but not because of the history, it's the personal reasons behind it that impress me so much.

It's inspiring that he's got off his arse and made magic happen, all for his family.

He's done something that for some reason the club itself had never thought of, and best of all he's shared the journey with us.

32 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

-Paul

Thanks @IslandExile (paul) its great to see posts like yours and all of the other guys who i know take an interest because it lets me know that there are plenty of us out there who see the club as a bigger picture, not just the team that trots out this week or the guy managing it, its been around a lot longer and when you look into the history of it its actually quite interesting.

i am of course a season ticket holder and love the thought of what Frank is about to do but i get that feeling at the start of every season so i just hope that this one is different.

thanks for the sentiment but i am certainly no legend, i am however i think a good dad, husband and son.

What i would like is an area at the ground where a number of individuals can loan stuff to the club, and change it around as often as required to keep it interesting but it needs to be done properly, just a couple of display cabinets would look very boring, i always bang on about what Arsenal have done, they have a separate building entirely for their museum and a number of ex players have donated all sorts of stuff on loan, there are videos playing, lots of blown up shots of photos and articles from the past and its somewhere that fans can get immersed in.

i have loved putting the stuff that i have together, it was really about the shirts and getting them signed it then escalated to a few other items.

The greatest thing has been meeting the players. listening to their stories and how they played the game and what it was like playing under Clough and Taylor, i have of course read the autobiographies but we all know that in this litigious society that we live in nobody dares put the good stuff into print, the same with the rams tv interviews, they were good but not as good as the ones i did on a one 2 one basis ! :-)

i have nearly a full collection of photos with my son Jordan stood with each of the guys who to him must just look like old men but at some time in his life he will look at them and realise how significant they are.

"Loweman2 is a Derby County Legend"

i must say that i never thought i would see that up in lights !!

up the Rams

by the way some people might be glad to hear that i am a working on a book all about the history of the Derby County kit with two other guys as soon as we get a bit further along with it i will let you guys know more, needless to say we are using my shirts for the pictures.

Thank you @reveldevil and @loweman2 I agree with everything you both say.

loweman2 - I like your ideas and it's great what Arsenal do - with ex-players as ambassadors. Perhaps, you should put forward your own proposal to the club, if you haven't already.

I agree displays in cabinets can be a bit dry, it needs video, interactive displays, ex-players and so on to bring the story alive. As revildevil says, your own enthusiasm to the subject helps to bring the life out from those past times for me and others on here, but I suspect newer generations will likely need something more instant and interactive.

2 hours ago, IslandExile said:

-Paul

loweman2... You are the man. What a guy! 

1 hour ago, BaaLocks said:

Agreed, true kudos and respect on his efforts - what happened to loweman1 btw, did he wither on the vine trying to get a medal for Phil Boyer?

Loweman1 is still going strong and Loweman3 is keeping us both young !

Archived