Sign in to follow this  
mwram1973

That sodding popup on dcfc site

38 minutes ago, one_chop said:

There's a load of scantily clad women in most of the pop up ads in my web browser, any idea how to disable this other than install a ad blocker ?

Clear your cookies and change the settings to not allow 'targeted ads'. Buy your bras using a 'private browser' window! 😄

19 hours ago, t'oldu said:

StopAD does what it says on the tin........................

19 hours ago, mwram1973 said:

ok, so i installed stopad and the pop up doesn't show....but the stupid rap song still plays!!!! 

Doesn't do what it says on the tin

You don't need an adblocker.

The "pop-up" (that has ads on it) is an autoplay video that's at the bottom of every page on the site, if you're not looking at it then it gets put in a little box in the corner.

If scrolling down and pausing it is deemed too tedious, which is understandable, add "HTML5 Video Autoplay Blocker" to your browser, and it will no longer trouble you. 👍(it will still pop-up, but it will just be a blank grey box. No music. No ads. No video)

Edited by SaintRam

28 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

add "HTML5 Video Autoplay Blocker" to your browser, and it will no longer trouble you. 👍(it will still pop-up, but it will just be a blank grey box. No music. No ads. No video)

So what's the point of it then if everyone is either blocking it or ignoring it, but still getting annoyed by it? Poor marketing, makes us look like a poor relation to the DET! 🙄

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

So what's the point of it then if everyone is either blocking it or ignoring it, but still getting annoyed by it? Poor marketing, makes us look like a poor relation to the DET! 🙄

I don't know about you, but I go on the site to watch games or to watch videos. Meaning that I'm usually opening it to spend at least 10 minutes on it. Therefore, it is of no bother to me to just pause it and close the pop up.

As for ignoring it, I watched all the various videos the first time they were up. I quite liked the golden rams one. I think if they're going to keep up with having an autoplay video on the webpage, they need to change it up more often, as once you've seen it once there is literally no point in paying it any attention.

I was forced to add the HTML5 Autoplay Blocker to my browser for a site development and I just noticed that it completely ceased the function of the video on Derby's site, so thought I'd share for those who are for some reason being driven to madness by it.

39 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

I don't know about you, but I go on the site to watch games or to watch videos. Meaning that I'm usually opening it to spend at least 10 minutes on it. Therefore, it is of no bother to me to just pause it and close the pop up.

As for ignoring it, I watched all the various videos the first time they were up. I quite liked the golden rams one. I think if they're going to keep up with having an autoplay video on the webpage, they need to change it up more often, as once you've seen it once there is literally no point in paying it any attention.

I was forced to add the HTML5 Autoplay Blocker to my browser for a site development and I just noticed that it completely ceased the function of the video on Derby's site, so thought I'd share for those who are for some reason being driven to madness by it.

The fact that it starts up every single time you look at a different page or video did indeed drive me mad. Iv'e now installed the html5 blocker and it's stopped them.

Cheers me oad 😊