That sodding popup on dcfc site

mwram1973

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, t'oldu said:

StopAD does what it says on the tin........................

What's the point of adverts that annoy the people they're aimed at? Just really poor marketing.

This is what those bloody constant videos are doing to lots of fans - why do it? I've no idea what the ads or videos are I'm just staring at the top righthand corner waiting for the little x to appear. Tedious. The rest of the site is fine.

Its dead easy to unblock it for any particular site.    Just press the green hand in the right bottom corner of the screen and slide the button across. No need to go into  settings , no faff, so we can unblock for you Dave...……………….

38 minutes ago, one_chop said:

There's a load of scantily clad women in most of the pop up ads in my web browser, any idea how to disable this other than install a ad blocker ?

Clear your cookies and change the settings to not allow 'targeted ads'. Buy your bras using a 'private browser' window! ?

19 hours ago, t'oldu said:

StopAD does what it says on the tin........................

19 hours ago, mwram1973 said:

ok, so i installed stopad and the pop up doesn't show....but the stupid rap song still plays!!!! 

Doesn't do what it says on the tin

You don't need an adblocker.

The "pop-up" (that has ads on it) is an autoplay video that's at the bottom of every page on the site, if you're not looking at it then it gets put in a little box in the corner.

If scrolling down and pausing it is deemed too tedious, which is understandable, add "HTML5 Video Autoplay Blocker" to your browser, and it will no longer trouble you. ?(it will still pop-up, but it will just be a blank grey box. No music. No ads. No video)

Archived