Best team?

sage

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Too early to say, not sure Lampard would be able to answer this right now either. Most of us would have only seen 2 games so far Leeds and Reading. 

We know to get out this league isn't as easy as putting big names on a team sheet, it's building the best partnerships and understanding across the team. Probably become more clear next month with a few more games under the belt. 

15 minutes ago, Duracell said:

Carson

Wisdom (no other options atm but see this as a weak link)

Keogh

Davies

Mallone

Huddlestone (if fit)/Thorne v.2013/14

Mount

Bryson

Wilson

Jozefzoon

Waghorn/Martin (if fit)

similar but i'd have tomori rb.

I would play a 4-3-3 but with two deeper midfielders. The problem we had against Leeds was that every time Ledley had to drop in to cover for a full back a Leeds player moved in to the space and gave us a headache. The issue with this is that it puts a lot of pressure on Mount and the wingers to create, but I would rather have that problem than the problems we had against Leeds.

Carson

Wisdom  Tomori  Davies  Malone

Huddlestone       Bryson

Mount

Jozefzoon   Waghorn   Lawrence 

I think it would give the midfield a more solid platform, meaning the wingers can push up without having to worry so much about 

30 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

I would play a 4-3-3 but with two deeper midfielders. The problem we had against Leeds was that every time Ledley had to drop in to cover for a full back a Leeds player moved in to the space and gave us a headache. The issue with this is that it puts a lot of pressure on Mount and the wingers to create, but I would rather have that problem than the problems we had against Leeds.

Carson

Huddlestone       Bryson

Mount

I think it would give the midfield a more solid platform, meaning the wingers can push up without having to worry so much about 

I’d swap Evans for Bryson, and maybe Wilson for Lawrence as I think Wilson is more suited out wide, and Lawrence in competition with Mount for that position. 

Main point though is the two “deeper midfielders. Which doesn’t mean two DMs or 6’s or whatever other fancy way people like to use (including me ?) just two centre midfielders who play in midfield and give Mount or Lawrence license to get forward.

19 minutes ago, Hathersage Ram said:

ACTUALLY I MIGHT PLAY A SECOND HOLING MIDFIELDER IN PLACE OF BRYSON, PARTICUARLY UNTIL THE TEAM BECOME MORE AWARE POSITIONALLY.

IT WOULD ALSO GIVE TIMORI AND MALONE FREE REIGHN TO RAID DOWN THE FLANKS

Why are you shouting? Relax, calm yourself and speak in lower volume.

i agree with you btw

49 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Carson

Huddlestone       Bryson

Mount

This would probably be my first 11, bit of a toss up between Jozefzoon & Wilson but based on the 3 games so far i'd go for Jozefzoon. I think Bryson's style of play would compliment Huddlestone massively, Bryson does all the running then Huddlestone pings the passes around the pitch

From what I've seen so far.

4-3-3 

Carson 

Wisdom Tomori Davies Malone 

Huddlestone/Evans

Mount Bryson 

Jozefzoon Waghorn Lawrence 

I think Jozefzoon is a proper out and out winger giving you pace and the unpredictability. Played with Lawrence or Wilson gives you  a decent blend. 

A fit Huddlestone all day in that middle, but if not play the boy Evans where he's been brought in to operate. 

Tomori and Davies for me at the back. Malone has an engine! 

Very difficult to say at this point so there is a bit of flexibility with this

Carson

wisdom/ tomori - Keogh Davies- malone/Forsyth 

Huddlestone    

Mount.       Bryson

waghorn                Martin.          Wilson 

obvious subs gk Marriott joflo johnson lawrence and the two spare full backs 

Carson

Tomori       Davies   Keogh     Malone

Huddlestone 

Bryson                    Mount

Jozefzoon                                Waghorn 

Marriott 

Not available just yet due to injury but some effective players.

Wilson and Lawrence as impact subs.

Looks ike there is a very good team emerging which may slot together somewhat by accident. Easy to pick nine players but another two does not necessarily sort it so someone like Wisdom, Keogh or Bryson may not be the best fit in the end. 

Hi Everyone,

Derby fan since boyhood (60s), long time reader of the forum but I felt compelled to write my first post because the answer is so obvious ?. From what I have seen on TV (Sky, RamsTV), heard and read, I would go with the following, assuming they are fit, in kinda 4-3-3 but really more of a 4-2-1-3 or 4-2-3-1 (fluid, eh?):

Carson

Wisdom   Tomori  Davies  Malone

Evans        Huddlestone/Thorne

Mount

Wilson      Marriott    Lawrence

No need to thank me Frank, you are very welcome. COYR.

-Paul   

I literally have no idea what our best team is & neither does Frank

im not joking usually i have an opunion in who should start but other than Carson, davies & maybe Mount i couldnt nail on the other 8-9 places think they are all up for grabs 

50 minutes ago, G-Ram said:

I literally have no idea what our best team is & neither does Frank

im not joking usually i have an opunion in who should start but other than Carson, davies & maybe Mount i couldnt nail on the other 8-9 places think they are all up for grabs 

I think that’s a good thing personally. In years gone by it was pretty much nailed on who to play. And not always through playing great for the team.

jo, bennet, Wilson and Lawrence. 

Marriot, Waghorn, bennett

wisdom, bogle, tomori

malone, Lowe, fozzy

keogh, Davies, tomori

mount, Bryson, Evans, Johnson, Holmes.

competition all over the pitch and good replacements if they aren’t performing.

Archived