The shirt

loweman2

Sorry to start a new thread but I thought this Shirt deserved one, I collected it today from the framers and I think that it looks fantastic so wanted to share it with the fam.

This particular one I think I got the most out of, collected each signature myself and sat down with each player and chatted.

This was the start of the revolution of Derby County from a small provincial engineering town football club to the top of English football and almost European football, some of these names were on the journey for only a short while and some bought the return ticket.

From 1968 to 1970 they went from fifth from bottom in division two then to champions of division two and then to finish fourth in the first division, all under Clough and Taylor.

We all know what happened in part two ! 

Not mention the Ram changed forever after this.

The Signatures are

Brian Clough

Peter Taylor

Dave Mackay,

John Robson

Colin Boulton

Kevin Hector

Archie Gemmill

Roy McFarland

Colin Todd

Alan Durban

Ron Webster

Jim Walker

Frank Wignall

Richie Barker

Peter Daniel

Alan Hinton

Willie Carlin

John O’Hare

John McGovern

7E4C5C14-FCE4-4246-9D25-62C04C9E2054.jpeg

3E78B98C-2928-4C79-B37A-20022E75F074.jpeg

E3C14ACE-B7B2-42C2-A63D-9873E1074D53.jpeg

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Saw this on Twitter earlier @loweman2, might be a daft question but I see you have the backs cut out to show the number, wouldn't this over time leave that piece of material exposed to dust and all sorts which would pretty much ruin the shirt, or do you have the square piece to pop back in?

31 minutes ago, David said:

Saw this on Twitter earlier @loweman2, might be a daft question but I see you have the backs cut out to show the number, wouldn't this over time leave that piece of material exposed to dust and all sorts which would pretty much ruin the shirt, or do you have the square piece to pop back in?

good spot Dave this shows to me that you are taking an interest, the square is in turn sealed from the inside by a thin layer of clear perspex bud to prevent such a catastrophe !

2 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

As a little lad I was bought that replica kit by my uncle which I played in at school during double games...………………..ahhh memories!

Ditto that. Well, actually Santa brought me mine not your uncle (unless your uncle is Santa ?). Wore mine until it literally fell to pieces. I've now got a replica one, bought about 25 years ago, that hopefully will be getting aired again on the 22nd of September against Brentford.

24 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

Wow!

unique and priceless.

In 100 years time, we will presumably still have the film/tv highlights and history will be so much more alive. Presumably you will pass this collection down to your boy and he will too and so on...

That is exactly what I hope for, that in 100 years time all of this will still be hanging in these frames with all the other stuff on show somewhere or in his house, it will all look great when it is proper history! 

It’s  not been exactly easy doing all of this and has taken a lot of time, effort and money but then again it’s not exactly been hard, what does me is that nobody else is really doing it and nobody bothered in the past so there is not a great deal of “history” available, the club don’t seem interested in preserving any of it.

so it comes down to people like me who can be @rsed to do it.

otherwise there isn’t going to much to show, I can’t see us winning the premier league in the next 100 years ( that sounds terrible doesn’t it) so this is it !

in the next twenty years I would imagine that nature will have completed it’s cycle and it will be to late to start then !

8 minutes ago, richinspain said:

Ditto that. Well, actually Santa brought me mine not your uncle (unless your uncle is Santa ?). Wore mine until it literally fell to pieces. I've now got a replica one, bought about 25 years ago, that hopefully will be getting aired again on the 22nd of September against Brentford.

Me too. I woke up on Dec 25th 1969 and ripped open my presents to find a full replica Derby County kit with football boots and football. I remember to this day how it smelled as I opened the bag it was in and pulled the shirt out. The weather must have been ok that day as before lunch I was out in the garden with kit on kicking the ball against the garden fence...almost 50 years ago now. How many of us began in identical fashion {pun not intended} ?

3 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

Me too. I woke up on Dec 25th 1969 and ripped open my presents to find a full replica Derby County kit with football boots and football. I remember to this day how it smelled as I opened the bag it was in and pulled the shirt out. The weather must have been ok that day as before lunch I was out in the garden with kit on kicking the ball against the garden fence...almost 50 years ago now. How many of us began in identical fashion {pun not intended} ?

I got a lace up ball as well. Christ that hurt when you headed it. 

Let's be serious and realistic for a moment. In 100 years there will be an internationally renowned museum dedicated to Derby County, and it will be there that Loweman's collection find's its home.

10 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Let's be serious and realistic for a moment. In 100 years there will be an internationally renowned museum dedicated to Derby County, and it will be there that Loweman's collection find's its home.

love that mate !!! 

one thing i do hope is that my lad doesnt sell it all in ebay for peanuts to buy a motorbike with or similar when he is 18 !! he has been a season ticket holder since he was two and going to every match so i am hoping by that age he will have achieved full on anorak status like his dad and treasure the collection !!

11 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Let's be serious and realistic for a moment. In 100 years there will be an internationally renowned museum dedicated to the world famous Frank Lampard's Derby County, and it will be there that Loweman's collection find's its home.

FTFY

Not just saying this - but those shirts go perfectly with my decor. I think my house would make them look so much better.

Loweman - I am willing to do you a favour and take them off you - for the benefit of the shirts you understand.

No need to thank me - but you can pay for the postage.

18 hours ago, loweman2 said:

Sorry to start a new thread but I thought this Shirt deserved one, I collected it today from the framers and I think that it looks fantastic so wanted to share it with the fam.

This particular one I think I got the most out of, collected each signature myself and sat down with each player and chatted.

This was the start of the revolution of Derby County from a small provincial engineering town football club to the top of English football and almost European football, some of these names were on the journey for only a short while and some bought the return ticket.

From 1968 to 1970 they went from fifth from bottom in division two then to champions of division two and then to finish fourth in the first division, all under Clough and Taylor.

We all know what happened in part two ! 

Not mention the Ram changed forever after this.

The Signatures are

Brian Clough

Peter Taylor

Dave Mackay,

John Robson

Colin Boulton

Kevin Hector

Archie Gemmill

Roy McFarland

Colin Todd

Alan Durban

Ron Webster

Jim Walker

Frank Wignall

Richie Barker

Peter Daniel

Alan Hinton

Willie Carlin

John O’Hare

John McGovern

7E4C5C14-FCE4-4246-9D25-62C04C9E2054.jpeg

3E78B98C-2928-4C79-B37A-20022E75F074.jpeg

E3C14ACE-B7B2-42C2-A63D-9873E1074D53.jpeg

Awesome - and very tastefully framed, I might add ?

Archived