Louie Sibley

S8TY

5 minutes ago, angieram said:

Given his recent illness, Martin's immediate objective is to get minutes under his belt, which he has been building up gradually.  He's now completed two full 90 minutes after having not played since March. 

Interesting how much better he looked tonight after Louie Sibley came on - a young player with a footballing brain.

Sibley is getting some really good reviews where do you think his best position is based on what you've seen ?

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Saity said:

Sibley is getting some really good reviews where do you think his best position is based on what you've seen ?

I don't really know. I was expecting him to come on at left back or left side. This is the first time I have seen him more central but it suited him. Players with skill need a bit of freedom to try different roles, see what suits them best. 

Will Hughes comparisons? A bit early but I can see the possibilities! 

45 minutes ago, angieram said:

The fact that he looks very similar to him from a distance doesn't help!

I hope people don't keep comparing, just leave the lad to develop naturally without heaping to much expectation on him.

He did look to be a left sided fullback/wingback/winger last season for the U23's didn't he... but that's 3 times now this season (pre-season) that I've seen him and 3 times it's been as a central midfielder.

15 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

From what I've seen, he's close in style to Wilshere

Having watched the West Ham performance at the weekend (with Jack 'the invisible man' Wilshere in midfield), that's not a very flattering comparison....

2 hours ago, angieram said:

I don't really know. I was expecting him to come on at left back or left side. This is the first time I have seen him more central but it suited him. Players with skill need a bit of freedom to try different roles, see what suits them best. 

When he came on it really showed how poor Butterfield (and Elsnik, unfortunately) had been. Martin got some service and the pace of the game changed, not down to them going to 10 but to Sibley in the main I thought.

Sibbers has a bit of a nasty streak to him, he kicked the ball at a player who was down and wasting time late on.

Very naughty, but I liked it!

Standing up to the older lads, obviously full of confidence.

For 16, he’s got some promise, looks like it won’t go to his head either.

Go on lad!

Archived