Norwich Home - Harper's Ride

NorfolkRam

Hi all,

Some of you may be aware that I am fundraising for my daughter to have a spinal operation to help her walk when she is older.

Over the weekend and in today's paper we have had an article featured on her. Basically myself and Harper's uncle are planning to cycle from Carrow Road to Pride Park for the Norwich game in October. Neither of us are cyclists or particularly fit and we have only got a small window of training available to train for this so it is going to be a tough ride. Its 150 miles over two days to get there, but its all for my little girl. If as many of you as possible could spread the word among the Derby faithful I would really appreciate it as the more support we can get the better.

The link is below. obviously the end game is we are looking for fundraising so any donations are appreciated but times are hard and if you can't afford to donate then please share as it can make a huge difference and just talking about it and keeping threads active helps our chances of raising the money we need.

Thanks all.

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/news/local-news/cerebral-palsysteve-sharrocks-harper-1867789

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, NorfolkRam said:

Hi all,

Some of you may be aware that I am fundraising for my daughter to have a spinal operation to help her walk when she is older.

Over the weekend and in today's paper we have had an article featured on her. Basically myself and Harper's uncle are planning to cycle from Carrow Road to Pride Park for the Norwich game in October. Neither of us are cyclists or particularly fit and we have only got a small window of training available to train for this so it is going to be a tough ride. Its 150 miles over two days to get there, but its all for my little girl. If as many of you as possible could spread the word among the Derby faithful I would really appreciate it as the more support we can get the better.

The link is below. obviously the end game is we are looking for fundraising so any donations are appreciated but times are hard and if you can't afford to donate then please share as it can make a huge difference and just talking about it and keeping threads active helps our chances of raising the money we need.

Thanks all.

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/news/local-news/cerebral-palsysteve-sharrocks-harper-1867789

What’s the funding site link mate? Gave up on the DET link, took ages and never loaded.

5 hours ago, NorfolkRam said:

Hi all,

Thanks all.

Good luck with the ride Steve.  The shirt is looking good on the DET article!  I’ll PM you if I can make it to the Norwich game and come and say hi and buy you a beer.

39 minutes ago, Kinder said:

Good luck with the ride Steve.  The shirt is looking good on the DET article!  I’ll PM you if I can make it to the Norwich game and come and say hi and buy you a beer.

Will be good to see ya mate. Will post on here what time we expect to arrive so the more people we can get at the ground for then would be great

On 14/08/2018 at 15:48, coneheadjohn said:

Won’t the club let you do a collection outside the ground?

We’ll help if we’re around.

Hi John, it's something I think we will look into closer to the time. Hopefully if we can get a few people at the ground early to attract a crowd it could help, all ideas we have been thinking of but just focusing on getting on the road as much as possible!

18 minutes ago, NorfolkRam said:

Hi John, it's something I think we will look into closer to the time. Hopefully if we can get a few people at the ground early to attract a crowd it could help, all ideas we have been thinking of but just focusing on getting on the road as much as possible!

Count us in mate and we will help out we’re we can.

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, coneheadjohn said:

Alright @NorfolkRam,

How’s the fundraising going?

Most importantly how’s Harper?

How are you all bearing up?

Hello mate. 

Fundraising for the ride is going OK, over 50% so steadily ticking over, the main fundraising has a long way to go, already think I may need to bike to every champ ground next year to go again lol. 

Harper's good, it's her second birthday today which is kinda bittersweet for us, obviously a happy day but it brings back a lot of bad memories that we struggle to deal with but her smile helps, plus a full day of peppa bloody pig! 

On 01/09/2018 at 21:47, NorfolkRam said:

Hello mate. 

Fundraising for the ride is going OK, over 50% so steadily ticking over, the main fundraising has a long way to go, already think I may need to bike to every champ ground next year to go again lol. 

Harper's good, it's her second birthday today which is kinda bittersweet for us, obviously a happy day but it brings back a lot of bad memories that we struggle to deal with but her smile helps, plus a full day of peppa bloody pig! 

Great,

Keep us up to speed mate,I’m sure like us everyone is wishing you all the best.

Nothing wrong with Peppa Pig?

All the best and thanks for the update.

• 4 weeks later...

Pleased to see fundraising going well @NorfolkRam

Biking that distance will be a huge accomplishment and I look forward to seeing the pictures. Unfortunately I will not be at that game to cheer you in, but I’ll be paying you a thought in the lead up. I’m sure many others will be there to welcome you both. Keep banging the drum for the fundraising - I hope people can find just a small contribution as it all makes a huge difference to getting towards your end goal.

Good luck to you both.

Up the Rams! ? 

17 minutes ago, EastAnglianRam said:

Pleased to see fundraising going well @NorfolkRam

Biking that distance will be a huge accomplishment and I look forward to seeing the pictures. Unfortunately I will not be at that game to cheer you in, but I’ll be paying you a thought in the lead up. I’m sure many others will be there to welcome you both. Keep banging the drum for the fundraising - I hope people can find just a small contribution as it all makes a huge difference to getting towards your end goal.

Good luck to you both.

Up the Rams! ? 

Cheers mate, appreciate all the support we get from everywhere. Long way to go but we'll get there somehow! 

Archived