Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
LB_DCFC

Jonathan Mitchell - Joined Oxford on Loan, now returned.

Recommended Posts

No-one will trust a goalkeeper of his stature until he proves he can do it at high levels.

He, unfortunately, never got an opportunity when he was considered #1 due to Carson's good fitness - he's got to take this chance.

Share this post


Link to post
PistoldPete2

One of many over the next 2 weeks I think.

 

Share this post


Link to post
17 hours ago, SaintRam said:

No-one will trust a goalkeeper of his stature until he proves he can do it at high levels.

He, unfortunately, never got an opportunity when he was considered #1 due to Carson's good fitness - he's got to take this chance.

This was obviously supposed to say #2 

Share this post


Link to post
24 minutes ago, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

Tbh I wouldn’t have much faith in Mitchell or Roos to step in for a lengthy time. Luckily for the most part Carson has been pretty much ever present since joining.

Lucky for us, unlucky for Mitchell and Roos. I bet they’ve thought about tripping him up in the corridors once or twice. 

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, Shuff264 said:

At a guess, weve sent Mitchell out instead of Roos as we can send him on a youth loan with a recall?

 

The loan's till January. Oxford's keeper got injured in the warmup at the weekend and will be out for at least two months. I'm not at all sure (but could be wrong) that "youth loans" are still a thing. And even if they were Mitchell is 23 so surely no longer qualifies?

Share this post


Link to post
50 minutes ago, Shuff264 said:

At a guess, weve sent Mitchell out instead of Roos as we can send him on a youth loan with a recall?

 

 

40 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

The loan's till January. Oxford's keeper got injured in the warmup at the weekend and will be out for at least two months. I'm not at all sure (but could be wrong) that "youth loans" are still a thing. And even if they were Mitchell is 23 so surely no longer qualifies?

If we have no first team goalkeeper available then we can recall him, I believe. 

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.