Sign in to follow this  
LB_DCFC

Jonathan Mitchell - Joined Oxford on Loan, now returned.

No-one will trust a goalkeeper of his stature until he proves he can do it at high levels.

He, unfortunately, never got an opportunity when he was considered #1 due to Carson's good fitness - he's got to take this chance.

PistoldPete2

One of many over the next 2 weeks I think.

17 hours ago, SaintRam said:

No-one will trust a goalkeeper of his stature until he proves he can do it at high levels.

He, unfortunately, never got an opportunity when he was considered #1 due to Carson's good fitness - he's got to take this chance.

This was obviously supposed to say #2 

24 minutes ago, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

Tbh I wouldn’t have much faith in Mitchell or Roos to step in for a lengthy time. Luckily for the most part Carson has been pretty much ever present since joining.

Lucky for us, unlucky for Mitchell and Roos. I bet they’ve thought about tripping him up in the corridors once or twice. 

7 minutes ago, Shuff264 said:

At a guess, weve sent Mitchell out instead of Roos as we can send him on a youth loan with a recall?

The loan's till January. Oxford's keeper got injured in the warmup at the weekend and will be out for at least two months. I'm not at all sure (but could be wrong) that "youth loans" are still a thing. And even if they were Mitchell is 23 so surely no longer qualifies?

50 minutes ago, Shuff264 said:

At a guess, weve sent Mitchell out instead of Roos as we can send him on a youth loan with a recall?

40 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

The loan's till January. Oxford's keeper got injured in the warmup at the weekend and will be out for at least two months. I'm not at all sure (but could be wrong) that "youth loans" are still a thing. And even if they were Mitchell is 23 so surely no longer qualifies?

If we have no first team goalkeeper available then we can recall him, I believe.