Jonathan Mitchell - Joined Oxford on Loan, now returned.

LB_DCFC

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No-one will trust a goalkeeper of his stature until he proves he can do it at high levels.

He, unfortunately, never got an opportunity when he was considered #1 due to Carson's good fitness - he's got to take this chance.

17 hours ago, SaintRam said:

No-one will trust a goalkeeper of his stature until he proves he can do it at high levels.

He, unfortunately, never got an opportunity when he was considered #1 due to Carson's good fitness - he's got to take this chance.

This was obviously supposed to say #2 

24 minutes ago, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

Tbh I wouldn’t have much faith in Mitchell or Roos to step in for a lengthy time. Luckily for the most part Carson has been pretty much ever present since joining.

Lucky for us, unlucky for Mitchell and Roos. I bet they’ve thought about tripping him up in the corridors once or twice. 

7 minutes ago, Shuff264 said:

At a guess, weve sent Mitchell out instead of Roos as we can send him on a youth loan with a recall?

The loan's till January. Oxford's keeper got injured in the warmup at the weekend and will be out for at least two months. I'm not at all sure (but could be wrong) that "youth loans" are still a thing. And even if they were Mitchell is 23 so surely no longer qualifies?

50 minutes ago, Shuff264 said:

At a guess, weve sent Mitchell out instead of Roos as we can send him on a youth loan with a recall?

40 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

The loan's till January. Oxford's keeper got injured in the warmup at the weekend and will be out for at least two months. I'm not at all sure (but could be wrong) that "youth loans" are still a thing. And even if they were Mitchell is 23 so surely no longer qualifies?

If we have no first team goalkeeper available then we can recall him, I believe. 

1 hour ago, Shuff264 said:

We sent MItchell out instead of Roos because he's considered third choice.

He will continue to fall down pecking orders too, due to his size, unless he proves he can do it in competitive games. There is little belief in his ability to claim balls into his area against most teams, for example, as it stands.

This loan is necessary for him.

He's suffered, in a sense, from Carson's excellent fitness while he was considered #2 and Roos was out on loan. Now Roos has proven himself capable (of playing men's football) with a couple of good loan spells, and that + his size advantage is why he's now #2.

If this loan goes particularly well for him, and he allays some fears, he'll probably be #2 again when he comes back. There's not a great deal between him and Roos.

1 hour ago, SaintRam said:

We sent MItchell out instead of Roos because he's considered third choice.

He will continue to fall down pecking orders too, due to his size, unless he proves he can do it in competitive games. There is little belief in his ability to claim balls into his area against most teams, for example, as it stands.

This loan is necessary for him.

He's suffered, in a sense, from Carson's excellent fitness while he was considered #2 and Roos was out on loan. Now Roos has proven himself capable (of playing men's football) with a couple of good loan spells, and that + his size advantage is why he's now #2.

If this loan goes particularly well for him, and he allays some fears, he'll probably be #2 again when he comes back. There's not a great deal between him and Roos.

About 6" I think...………..

Archived