Were Leeds That Good Or ,,,,

nick_d

Just now, TuffLuff said:

Leeds will be good when you let them be. But I actually thought when we were chasing down and putting them under pressure they soon become pretty average. As I saw it, play tight and get at their defence and that would possibly hold the key to it as the did not look comfortable when they had no room and would start punting it.

So yeah, good but not unbeatable. We just played them at a poor time for us. Once the league settled and one or two teams starting picking up their play I think they’ll start dropping points 

Their keepr was known to be a bit suspect, and our only attempt on goal proved this when Lawrence scored from that free-kick. But that was the only time he had a direct shot to save. Why on earth we didn't have more long distance pops at him I have no idea.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, DavesaRam said:

Their keepr was known to be a bit suspect, and our only attempt on goal proved this when Lawrence scored from that free-kick. But that was the only time he had a direct shot to save. Why on earth we didn't have more long distance pops at him I have no idea.

Not sure, one of the things I really enjoyed last week was our willingness to shoot from outside the box a bit more. If nothing else it starts pulling defenders out a bit more.

We  didn’t get the attacking right today, which in contrary to what I just said, was partly because Leeds defended well overall in closing gaps, but also we kept making the wrong decisions. Passing when they could have gone themselves or being greedy when others were in better decisions. Hopefully it’s teething problems but it felt like we panicked going forward today 

PistoldPete2
31 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

I can’t remember seeing a side as good as Leeds at Pride Park in the last 5 years. 

I missed the first game of last season when wolves played us off the park apparently. So Leeds were certainly the best team I have seen at PP in the last fifteen months at least. 

I was strangely encouraged. Leeds were excellent and I mean excellent. We are work in progress. The new lad at the back has to keep his place. Malone will be an improvement at left back, Ledley on the bench at best with Huddlestone in the holding roll. Josefzoon deserves to start. I like what Frank is trying to implement and pretty soon it will work. He is a winner and we will soon get there. Up The Rams.

TobyWanKenobi

It's a steep learning curve for Frank. After Reading there were clearly problems, but do you make changes, or do you stick with a winning team where you can? I'm of the belief that you fix problems as you see them, but many would say you don't change a winning side.

Whatever your opinions, I hope we see most of the new guys and a strong side, with a different attitude on Tuesday.

1 hour ago, Gritters said:

I’m tits off that every free kick we had a Leeds player stood on the ball preventing us taking a quick free kick forward which completely worked against any advantage that free kick may have given us. The ref allowed Leeds to do this all through the game then in time added on he decided to book their player for doing this. Why did the ref bother booking him?

Yeah that's why we lost 4-1 ??

I thought Leeds were very good. They played at a high tempo throughout. Broke on us quickly. They were very direct. It was impressive. Saiz is quality. They have some typical Leeds scumbags like berardi and alioski which means they can scrap too.

i thought we matched them for an hour even though there were some flaws in our pressing, and we were careless in possession at times. It was a tremendous game for a while. 100mph. End to end. ledley just couldn't keep up with the sheer physical intensity of  it but i doubt whether huddlestone would have been much better. Their third goal was the killer. No doubt we could have defended better for all the goals. The fourth exposed Max Lowe who seems not to have a natural defenders instinct for spotting danger.

But there were some positives too. 

Tomori was a bit of a revelation at centre back. Much better than Pearce. Josefzoon showed some trickery. Despite the comments from others i thought waghorn improved us and played quite well. Unfortunately we were too spread out to link effectively across midfield. If anything this game exposed us as being slightly weak in central midfield. Mount and wilson seemed to fade.  

We won't meet another Leeds. Keep calm. 

Archived