Crazy Keogh hating

38 minutes ago, TomBustler1884 said:

I don't hate on Keogh ever, however I thought he had a poor game today positionally and was caught far too often wanting time when there wasnt any.

Wasnt the worst though.

Absolutely agree although I do blame him for global warming, the refugee crisis and the election of Trump.

seriously though, I have consistently defended Keogh but, assuming he is fit, I'd probably replace him with Davies for the Millwall game.

• Replies 977
  • Created
  • Last Reply
51 minutes ago, TroyDyer said:

Why do multiple managers keep failing and getting fired? Hmmm. 

Not good enough. Never been good enough. Never will be good enough. 

If effort was enough, he'd be a worldy. It isn't.

That last line says it all. Well done, in a nutshell.

Keoghs had undeserved attacks in the past but he’s started this season appalling. And I fear it may not just be poor form. I’ve always rated Keogh as a player but I’ve always said his weakness is his awareness and I think that’s what’s being exposed. He then starts to panic and launch the ball rather than play considered passes out the back. In the system we play defensive awareness is vital, and I fear Keogh may not be up to the task. This could be his end, Tomori was largely excellent and will deservedly keep his place

Crazy Keogh hating sounds like there is no lead up to it, like it came from nowhere like when Beckham lashed out at Simeone. 

But it's nothing like that. It's the same thing over and over and over again. Better players have come and gone, been sold on the cheap, or never given a proper crack at it. And all the while there is a new contract on the table for a guy that despite decent runs of form, has always let the club down when it's really come down to it. 

He's started this season, under a new manager,  a fresh start,  how he's played most seasons. A confused mess. At 32 that isn't going to change. 

6 years of earning out of derby in a week,  what most derby fans don't even earn in a year. 

The Keogh calling out isn't crazy, what's crazy is that he's still being played. Although I think Lampard is a tad more intelligent than the rest, and will see through the gumpf. 

1 hour ago, cannable said:

You don’t rate Shackell who’s an immaculate defender but average on the ball and don’t rate Keogh who’s excellent on the ball but is an average defender.

Just what exactly do you expect from a Championship centre-half? Baresi? 

Someone who can head it and kick it. 

It is the easiest position on the pitch to play... 

What makes it worse is that I think that over the years we have been blessed at derby with a number of brilliant centre halves.....And Keogh has been hanging around like a bad smell for far too long... I just hope that Frank bombs him out of the place now....if he does then this result will be the best thing that has happened to the club in years. 

14 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Keoghs had undeserved attacks in the past but he’s started this season appalling. And I fear it may not just be poor form. I’ve always rated Keogh as a player but I’ve always said his weakness is his awareness and I think that’s what’s being exposed. He then starts to panic and launch the ball rather than play considered passes out the back. In the system we play defensive awareness is vital, and I fear Keogh may not be up to the task. This could be his end, Tomori was largely excellent and will deservedly keep his place

Indeed. Doesn’t help Keogh, him and Wisdom didn’t make each other look comfortable when under the cosh, Tomori should be a nailed on starter, even though he lost his man for the header, I’d excuse that as mistakes a plenty beforehand. 

As for Keogh, I’m not an hater, I’d just like to see Tomori with Davies mainly because there were glimpses of Tomori to suggest he has pace, which may compliment him with Davies better. In turn Davies will probably be a more reassuring and solid leader at the side, than Keogh was today; that pairing alone would unlikely prevented Leeds winning today mind.

5 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

What makes it worse is that I think that over the years we have been blessed at derby with a number of brilliant centre halves.....And Keogh has been hanging around like a bad smell for far too long... I just hope that Frank bombs him out of the place now....if he does then this result will be the best thing that has happened to the club in years. 

Pearce can head and kick it, Barker could head and kick it, Rawson could head and kick it, Shackell could head at kick it… it’s a totally archaic outlook on the position that affects the whole structure of the team: IE hoofball.

Keogh has the ability to be and has shown he can be a top end championship defender. The problem is, the errors he makes are basic and it always seems to be someone else's fault. All players make mistakes just Keogh seems to have a knack of making them at key moments.

It didn't lead to a goal but Keogh lost the ball on halfway and gave away a free kick. Rather than stop them taking the free kick or get back in position, stops and moans at the ref. Ledley being exposed then fouls and gets a yellow. Very poor from a senior player and no awareness. Maybe he is just blessed with a knack of being error prone. Some players are. Footballing intelligence?    Mentality?

45 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

MR you were very quiet over most of last season.  Keo for the most part was excellent in a team which protected him.  I have thought your criticism of him was based on an irrational  hatred but you have at last been proven right.  Keo is now not part of the solution he is part of the problem time to try someone/something different.

2 hours ago, TroyDyer said:

Why do multiple managers keep failing and getting fired? Hmmm. 

Not good enough. Never been good enough. Never will be good enough. 

If effort was enough, he'd be a worldy. It isn't. 

You have turned up like a band penny with your Keogh hating. Not a peep from you when he was our best player game after game last season. He has had a bad start this season and may need to be dropped but you sir have no class.

Keogh plays like Keogh plays no matter who he's playing alongside. He can get away with it alongside experienced players but when he's with someone who needs a little guidance be doesn't / can't adapt his game to help see them through it.

If panic sets in there needs to be someone who steps up and provides a calming influence, especially when trying to bring young players through. Keogh can never be that player, infact he exacerbates the problem, nearly every time.

It's just so hard to trust him.

I think people should be more concerned by 3 other things.

Our wide forwards continuously give the ball away especially Lawrence.

Other teams know how to exploit Lowe on crosses.

Ledley doesn't seem to understand how to play DCM.

The first of those 3 is the most worrying as Malone and Tom will be in the side soon.

Lawrence put Leeds on the attack today more times than any Leeds player. 

When Ledley and Lowe are so keen to get forward it's not good having Wilson and Lawrence playing for themselves. 

I think Lampard is trying to make the midfield too flexible. There's Bryson dropping in (pointless) and a DM that goes ahead of the play. There's no contingency for when Lawrence or Wilson lose the ball to the 3rd player they've tried to take on after ignoring 3 assists.

Support the attack Ledley. But don't lead it. Your priority should surely to be to cover and be the reset point for a failed attack? 

Wisdom let's crosses in as a hobby. His interest extends to pushing people. Passing, keeping the line, closing down the ball... nah. Just wants to push people 

keoghs awareness Is poor, the best example of this, Assombalongas goal, for Boro, at pride park 17/18. I just watched it back, still unsure what Keogh was trying to do. It's things like this, that let him down, unfortunately. He would get exposed in the premier league, nowhere near good enough. 

Archived