Crazy Keogh hating

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

Off the top of my head I seem to recall him being linked with Burnley, Newcastle and Brighton.

Being linked with, and an offer being made are very different things. Being linked with can purely be lazy journalism, agent pushing for a new contract at Derby, or even those clubs pushing out Keogh interest to take eyes off where their genuine interest lay. 

6 years of being "the best centre half in the Championship" and not one offer. 

• Replies 977
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, TroyDyer said:

Being linked with, and an offer being made are very different things. Being linked with can purely be lazy journalism, agent pushing for a new contract at Derby, or even those clubs pushing out Keogh interest to take eyes off where their genuine interest lay. 

6 years of being "the best centre half in the Championship" and not one offer. 

You’ve made this point before and allied it with Pearce being linked to Liverpool.

If anything that proves how totally irrelevant a point it is.

1 hour ago, IronRam 70.3 said:

Indeed, while he may be having a mare and catching some vitriol currently, it wont be a patch on the meltdown if two head it and kick it CB's came in and completely bypassed the creativity Frank has bought in to play in the middle of the park.

Playing how we intend to will bring these issues all day long. Look back through the last 4 years and count how many times lines have been played through by our CB's.

Its has nearly always been Keogh doing it. Bucko did it a bit but he was more of a sprayer into channels.

But yeah, get Davies and Pearce on the job what can go wrong.

Tomori looks good tbf, but in reality he will just become the new Keogh, its the nature of the beast.

Tup three!

This is it and this is what people haven’t been able to grasp for years! I didn’t even realise it until the end of 14/15 having just watched Albentosa and Whitbread trying to play football! 

If you want to play out from the back then Keogh’s the first name on the team sheet, there’s no argument. Pearce can’t, I don’t think Davies can. 

46 minutes ago, TroyDyer said:

6 years of being "the best centre half in the Championship" and not one offer

How do you know this?

While everyone has a right to an opinion, the strangest thing I find about the Keogh hating is how people forget or overlook the number of times he has saved us, for example blocks or in a one and one situation. They far outweigh his individual mistakes. It's like any other player has a pass for mistakes except Keogh. At the weekend, there were several players who put in a poorer performance than Keogh but fans around me were mainly slating him, when the goals conceded, you can easily point out Johnson, Lowe or Tomori as more guilty.

Last season we would have conceded a fair few more if it wasn't for Davis, Keogh and Carson (especially) all at times providing heroics. All these managers can't be wrong and he can't keep winning awards for no reason.  

2 minutes ago, Davide said:

While everyone has a right to an opinion, the strangest thing I find about the Keogh hating is how people forget or overlook the number of times he has saved us, for example blocks or in a one and one situation. They far outweigh his individual mistakes. It's like any other player has a pass for mistakes except Keogh. At the weekend, there were several players who put in a poorer performance than Keogh but fans around me were mainly slating him, when the goals conceded, you can easily point out Johnson, Lowe or Tomori as more guilty.

Last season we would have conceded a fair few more if it wasn't for Davis, Keogh and Carson (especially) all at times providing heroics. All these managers can't be wrong and he can't keep winning awards for no reason.  

As I said previously Richard has done very well at Derby, he has been our best player for numerous games and has been a good club man. At the moment he is not doing well and probably should go to the bench when Davies is fit. Tomori played very well after a slow start to the game. Why everyone seems to get so vicious I don't know!

2 minutes ago, TroyDyer said:

In this day and age of social media and agents leaking information to get improved contracts, you don't think it would have come out if a bid had been made?

Do you remember that time we signed Scott Malone? I know it was a long time ago but try and cast your mind back. 

Not one rumour, no link, nothing from HITC or John Percy. We signed him, and it was done. No leaks. 

1 minute ago, nottingram said:

Do you remember that time we signed Scott Malone? I know it was a long time ago but try and cast your mind back. 

Not one rumour, no link, nothing from HITC or John Percy. We signed him, and it was done. No leaks. 

Because there was no need for one. A bid went in, it was accepted, the player signed, job done. 

No need to unsettle, no need to push for a new contract... 

Are we suggesting that clubs have bid for him then? Despite there being no evidence that they have?

It's frustrating - No doubt he is a good player at this level. He's prone to making a mistake and after the play off final, the fans, himself, the whole flipping country are sat waiting for him to make his next mistake week in, week out. 

It makes us and him a nervous wreck when he's on the ball. He's not good in the air at all, he's often out of position. He'd put his head/body/legs/backside in front of anything for this club and that's what I love about him, but I do think a new start for him would benefit all parties. 

Davies and Timori for me.

8 minutes ago, Davide said:

That is part of his job. I love seeing defenders bring the ball out, passing it out. Keogh has all the attributes to be a top defender except the decision making in key moments. Mistakes happen and I have no issue with them happening when trying to do the right thing. The reason Keogh has a thread about him once again is because some of the things he does are very difficult to justify. Call it the David James factor, or a lesser case of Titus Bramble...

5 minutes ago, TroyDyer said:

Because there was no need for one. A bid went in, it was accepted, the player signed, job done. 

Are we suggesting that clubs have bid for him then? Despite there being no evidence that they have?

Or haven’t!

12 minutes ago, JoeDerby said:

It's frustrating - No doubt he is a good player at this level. He's prone to making a mistake and after the play off final, the fans, himself, the whole flipping country are sat waiting for him to make his next mistake week in, week out. 

It makes us and him a nervous wreck when he's on the ball. He's not good in the air at all, he's often out of position. He'd put his head/body/legs/backside in front of anything for this club and that's what I love about him, but I do think a new start for him would benefit all parties. 

Davies and Timori for me.

We’re trying to play it out from the back but you’d bench our best footballing centre-half for six months?

16 minutes ago, TroyDyer said:

And Lampard stated they’d identified him very early on in his tenure. 

So that’s two months worth of interest. And you think we made our first contact with him and the club with a few days of the window to go. I would say that is naïve, personally. 

I know each transfer has its own nuances, which is why I find it absolutely baffling you can say with such absolute certainty we’ve never had a bid for him. I doubt even he knows whether anyone has bid for him!

I just don't understand the love in for Keogh.he is just a less than average lower league footballer .like most of the clough transfer signings,not  good enough.carlisle promotion and Coventry relegation on his cv. if people think he is good, brilliant, wonderful or whatever their standards are low.a division 2 player at best for me,completely out of his depth in the championship.saturday was 10 poor players though not 1.

Archived