Crazy Keogh hating

• Replies 977
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn’t realise starting this thread would bring out such a large number mixed responses, I think he is a good defender at this level and has saved us countless times. 

I don’t understand why the “calamity Keogh” thing persists. Maybe it’s the Wembley thing (although Buxton was never blamed when he was at fault- but these things happen) or maybe because he has been with us a while so he has made more mistakes over a longer time. He’s a human and will make mistakes. Every footballer does. I guess with defenders mistakes are amplified because they can lead to goals against. Countless awards for player of the season etc show he does have some quality. I don’t think Pearce is a better defender than him, I don’t think Wisdom is a better centre back either, so he has kept a place for a long time. I never see it’s calamity Tomori after an own goal? Calamity Nugent after a number of misses? 

He is a good championship defender in my opinion and haters should at least moan less. We need to get behind the team. Don’t think he is good enough? Fine, but stop loving every mistake he or anyone else makes just to prove a point. Let’s support everyone. Including our captain. If we all moaned less Pride Park would see a better atmosphere. Let’s not be like the guy who sits behind me - Bloody Keogh get him off bloody Dawkins get him off bloody Martin get him off etc etc... constant negativity. We should get behind everyone even if we are playing badly. Our team needs us. 

5 minutes ago, Moist One said:

I finding highly amusing that across social media, those defending Keogh, using a penalty shootout success are largely the same people slagging off Lawrence, who also scored a penalty.

Lawrence did have some golden chances so it’s a shame he didn’t put one to bed. However thought he looked dangerous yesterday, quick and got into good positions. Definitely not the finished article, a bit more composure and consistency and he could really become a key player for us. 

5 minutes ago, Davide said:

Let’s not be like the guy who sits behind me - Bloody Keogh get him off bloody Dawkins get him off bloody Martin get him off etc etc... constant negativity. We should get behind everyone even if we are playing badly. Our team needs us. 

I don't want to alarm you, but i think you may still be in 2014.

3 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Have to admit, I was poo-ing my pants when he walked up to take his peno... At Old Trafford!

Last night, it was a more relaxed, confident type of reaction, seeing as I now knew he could actually score a peno!

Top man, is our Richard.  

Scored his last 4 now!

I think the reason why he's so "marmite" is because he does a lot of things really well, and some things really badly.

It's great when he brings the ball out of defence to the halfway line and beyond, and more often than not plays a good probing pass. Defensively, he's strong and good with his head when the ball's in the air somewhere. BUT, if the ball's on the floor, or someone's dribbling or playing towards him he is exceptionally prone to either 1. panicking and falling over or spooning it, 2. committing to his one and only tackling technique (you know the one - where he throws himself to the floor and crosses his legs whilst rolling over) and/or 3. being oblivious to the player in open space behind him by ball-watching. 

But, as others have said for a long time, if he could do those things well - he'd be in the prem.

19 minutes ago, Davide said:

Lawrence did have some golden chances so it’s a shame he didn’t put one to bed. However thought he looked dangerous yesterday, quick and got into good positions. Definitely not the finished article, a bit more composure and consistency and he could really become a key player for us. 

Waghorn made a few crosses for Lawrence, should have been the other way round.

Archived