Davide

Crazy Keogh hating

Actually think keogh was one of the worst culprits tonight for randomly hoofing instead of sticking to our principles. Defence wasn’t his fault, but he was playing like a poo Alex Pearce on the ball. Keep it on the deck ffs! A wise man once said if god wanted us to play in the sky, he’d have put grass up there. So how’s about we try and play football? 

1 hour ago, ChrisKeogh said:

Bent and Andrews reckoned that Keogh should have done more for Leeds' 2nd goal.  They must be Keogh haters and wrong too I guess.

By the way. The first Wisdom penno that wasn't due to the offside that wasn't either. Have a look at Keogh turning his back on the ball and missing the header on the halfway line in the run up to it.    

'...did ok...' ?  

needs to go, more like

Think your needle's stuck or the record's broken

2 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Actually think keogh was one of the worst culprits tonight for randomly hoofing instead of sticking to our principles. Defence wasn’t his fault, but he was playing like a poo Alex Pearce on the ball. Keep it on the deck ffs! A wise man once said if god wanted us to play in the sky, he’d have put grass up there. So how’s about we try and play football? 

I think our principles went out the window when Evans, Bryson and Mount decided they didn’t want to show for the ball. I appreciate Leeds pressed very well and made it hard but those three didn’t work hard enough when we were in possession IMO. 

Tough night for RK. Definitely could have done better for their second, just switched off completely. Distribution was poor but I’m not going to dig him out for that when the majority of our attacking players were no better. A couple of times in the second half Keogh’s dribbled the ball from our backline, through our midfield and attempted to play one two’s with Marriott. That just sums this team up at the moment. 

It’s too easy to say stop hoofing but when there’s no easy out ball on what should we expect a CB to do? Need a shake up in midfield. Carrying players at the moment, we need someone to take some responsibility off of Keogh and co. Most of all we just need someone to calm poo down. 

22 hours ago, Wolfie20 said:

I've read most of the criticisms of Keogh on here and listened to some of the post-match comments on Radio Derby - in my opinion, many idiotic, some quite bizarre but have always taken the view that it was just a different perception of a player. To question his intelligence when you've most likely never met him says more about the individual making the accusation than it does about the guy who's given over 6 years good service to OUR club. Embarassing for you and shameful!

I have met Keogh and talked to him a few times before and after games and I find him a very intelligent and thoughtful man. 

I sometimes think if anything he over thinks the game. Sometimes it's best just to play to your instincts but he's had a big task this season shepherding his less than experienced back line. Couple that with the fact it has been chopped and changed all season, there's no wonder the defence as a whole is looking so shaky at times. 

15 hours ago, Topram said:

It’s a strange one, not many CB out better than Keogh but maybe us and Keogh need a change 

I don't dislike Keogh at all, but I would like to see us trying something different.

It's probably just down to the length of time we've been watching him, and the sense that we haven't really progressed a great deal. 

2 minutes ago, Lambchop said:

I don't dislike Keogh at all, but I would like to see us trying something different.

It's probably just down to the length of time we've been watching him, and the sense that we haven't really progressed a great deal. 

We have a soft underbelly we are easy to beat and him being here for so long doesn’t help him 

19 hours ago, ChrisKeogh said:

Bent and Andrews reckoned that Keogh should have done more for Leeds' 2nd goal.  They must be Keogh haters and wrong too I guess.

By the way. The first Wisdom penno that wasn't due to the offside that wasn't either. Have a look at Keogh turning his back on the ball and missing the header on the halfway line in the run up to it.    

'...did ok...' ?  

needs to go, more like

Have another look and have a word with yourself. Keogh went with the Leeds forward and the hoof ball went over both of them. He didn't turn his back on the ball he turned as the ball sailed over both of them. After that, it was a poor header by Bryson followed by sloppy play by Wisdom.

I'm not saying Keogh has a good, error free game, no one did but I don't think you can pin that one on him.

1 hour ago, RamNut said:

Honestly....i don't see any blame for keogh on the second goal.

• winger beats left back
  • cross which the keeper paws to the far post 
  • scuffed ball back rolls to their man

“Their man” reacts ours didn’t , certainly not blaming him but can see why people are saying he had a roll to play in it. Doesn’t help when our full backs don’t stop crosses though and our goalkeeper seems to want to slap at everything .

1 hour ago, RamNut said:

Honestly....i don't see any blame for keogh on the second goal.

• winger beats left back
  • cross which the keeper paws to the far post 
  • scuffed ball back rolls to their man

It was Keoghs man to be fair but people seem to be overlooking the reason why Keogh was not marking his own man...because Tomori did not have a clue where Roofe was so Keogh had to cover him.

Keogh was not quick enough to react but even if he had I don't think he would have stopped the goal.

1 hour ago, Tamworthram said:

Have another look and have a word with yourself. Keogh went with the Leeds forward and the hoof ball went over both of them. He didn't turn his back on the ball he turned as the ball sailed over both of them. After that, it was a poor header by Bryson followed by sloppy play by Wisdom.

I'm not saying Keogh has a good, error free game, no one did but I don't think you can pin that one on him.

'Keogh went with the Leeds forward and the hoof ball went over both of them' 

Or ' Keogh read the ball correctly just inside his half and headed it deep into the Leeds half preventing Leeds from breaking forward.' or ' Keogh read the ball correctly and brought it down and gave a short pass to Bryson enabling him to break into the Leeds half and put them under pressure'.

Keogh sold himself by getting under the ball on the halfway line, leaving Bryson to fill in for him at CH and him out of the game.  It was another poor decision by Keogh that could have cost us again.

29 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

It was Keoghs man to be fair but people seem to be overlooking the reason why Keogh was not marking his own man...because Tomori did not have a clue where Roofe was so Keogh had to cover him.

Keogh was not quick enough to react but even if he had I don't think he would have stopped the goal.

He would have had more chance of stopping it if he hadn't frozen (again) whilst their lad carried on. See the Southampton clip. Same old same old.

13 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

It wasn't keogh's man.

The right winger beats our left back. Then when the ball reaches the far post their left back! returns it for their left winger to score. They are 2 on 1 v Holmes.

if alioski had not miskicked then keogh was probably well placed to cover. But his mis-kick meant it fell short of keogh. He would have to teleport himself the instant alioski mis-kicked.