Crazy Keogh hating

15 hours ago, Topram said:

It’s a strange one, not many CB out better than Keogh but maybe us and Keogh need a change 

I don't dislike Keogh at all, but I would like to see us trying something different.

It's probably just down to the length of time we've been watching him, and the sense that we haven't really progressed a great deal. 

• Replies 977
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Lambchop said:

I don't dislike Keogh at all, but I would like to see us trying something different.

It's probably just down to the length of time we've been watching him, and the sense that we haven't really progressed a great deal. 

We have a soft underbelly we are easy to beat and him being here for so long doesn’t help him 

Honestly....i don't see any blame for keogh on the second goal.

• winger beats left back
  • cross which the keeper paws to the far post 
  • scuffed ball back rolls to their man

19 hours ago, ChrisKeogh said:

Bent and Andrews reckoned that Keogh should have done more for Leeds' 2nd goal.  They must be Keogh haters and wrong too I guess.

By the way. The first Wisdom penno that wasn't due to the offside that wasn't either. Have a look at Keogh turning his back on the ball and missing the header on the halfway line in the run up to it.    

'...did ok...' ?  

needs to go, more like

Have another look and have a word with yourself. Keogh went with the Leeds forward and the hoof ball went over both of them. He didn't turn his back on the ball he turned as the ball sailed over both of them. After that, it was a poor header by Bryson followed by sloppy play by Wisdom.

I'm not saying Keogh has a good, error free game, no one did but I don't think you can pin that one on him.

1 hour ago, RamNut said:

• winger beats left back

“Their man” reacts ours didn’t , certainly not blaming him but can see why people are saying he had a roll to play in it. Doesn’t help when our full backs don’t stop crosses though and our goalkeeper seems to want to slap at everything .

1 hour ago, RamNut said:

• winger beats left back

It was Keoghs man to be fair but people seem to be overlooking the reason why Keogh was not marking his own man...because Tomori did not have a clue where Roofe was so Keogh had to cover him.

Keogh was not quick enough to react but even if he had I don't think he would have stopped the goal.

1 hour ago, Tamworthram said:

Have another look and have a word with yourself. Keogh went with the Leeds forward and the hoof ball went over both of them. He didn't turn his back on the ball he turned as the ball sailed over both of them. After that, it was a poor header by Bryson followed by sloppy play by Wisdom.

I'm not saying Keogh has a good, error free game, no one did but I don't think you can pin that one on him.

'Keogh went with the Leeds forward and the hoof ball went over both of them' 

Or ' Keogh read the ball correctly just inside his half and headed it deep into the Leeds half preventing Leeds from breaking forward.' or ' Keogh read the ball correctly and brought it down and gave a short pass to Bryson enabling him to break into the Leeds half and put them under pressure'.

Keogh sold himself by getting under the ball on the halfway line, leaving Bryson to fill in for him at CH and him out of the game.  It was another poor decision by Keogh that could have cost us again.

29 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

It was Keoghs man to be fair but people seem to be overlooking the reason why Keogh was not marking his own man...because Tomori did not have a clue where Roofe was so Keogh had to cover him.

Keogh was not quick enough to react but even if he had I don't think he would have stopped the goal.

He would have had more chance of stopping it if he hadn't frozen (again) whilst their lad carried on. See the Southampton clip. Same old same old.

13 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

It wasn't keogh's man.

The right winger beats our left back. Then when the ball reaches the far post their left back! returns it for their left winger to score. They are 2 on 1 v Holmes.

if alioski had not miskicked then keogh was probably well placed to cover. But his mis-kick meant it fell short of keogh. He would have to teleport himself the instant alioski mis-kicked.

Tell you what. I'll give the haters a genuine keogh error.

Watch the penalty claim for the foul by wisdom on alioski right at the start. Its a long ball out of defence.

Evans heads weakly to wisdom who loses to alioski and so it unfolds.

The incident starts because Keogh gets sucked forward going for a high ball. He misses it. Evans is covering for him etc etc.

Thats a keogh error. Thats what i say shackell never did. Shackell dropped off. Didn't go for daft 50/50s. 

Later tomori does the same thing and hernandez plays roofe into the gap that tomori has left. Carson saves.

i could give other examples where central defenders get drawn forward leaving a gap. But keogh is mo worse than tomori or shotton or whoever. Just not as defensively minded as Shackell who resisted getting drawn out of position.

17 hours ago, Mr Tibbs said:

I think our principles went out the window when Evans, Bryson and Mount decided they didn’t want to show for the ball. I appreciate Leeds pressed very well and made it hard but those three didn’t work hard enough when we were in possession IMO. 

Tough night for RK. Definitely could have done better for their second, just switched off completely. Distribution was poor but I’m not going to dig him out for that when the majority of our attacking players were no better. A couple of times in the second half Keogh’s dribbled the ball from our backline, through our midfield and attempted to play one two’s with Marriott. That just sums this team up at the moment. 

It’s too easy to say stop hoofing but when there’s no easy out ball on what should we expect a CB to do? Need a shake up in midfield. Carrying players at the moment, we need someone to take some responsibility off of Keogh and co. Most of all we just need someone to calm poo down. 

Hence why I thought the midfield is where we lost the game..... no out ball, where as leeds midfield showed for it and then passed it wide..... think it’s false to say full backs were as poor as folk said, sure it was a tough night, but middle of park was anonymous all game. 

35 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

What did we pay 1 million for Keogh from Coventry?

When you compare that to the hideous fees we've paid for awful players recently the amount of abuse Keogh gets on here is absolutely obscene.

It depends on our ambition IMHO. If we want a mediocre championship team that tends to panic when the pressure mounts Keogh is a bargain at 1M. If we want a team that can get into the prem and stay there, Keogh ain't it, irrespective of how much he cost us.

My issue with Keogh is that, unlike all others, he regularly makes basic, costly errors and keeps getting picked. We could list a shedload of expensive flops and underperformers. We could list a load of players who go through poor patches. Many have been a waste of money.

The difference being that they get dropped and in some cases shipped out. Keogh seems insulated irrespective of how many blunders he makes and how much he costs us.

2 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Tell you what. I'll give the haters a genuine keogh error.

Watch the penalty claim for the foul by wisdom on alioski right at the start. Its a long ball out of defence.

Evans heads weakly to wisdom who loses to alioski and so it unfolds.

The incident starts because Keogh gets sucked forward going for a high ball. He misses it. Evans is covering for him etc etc.

Thats a keogh error. Thats what i say shackell never did. Shackell dropped off. Didn't go for daft 50/50s. 

Later tomori does the same thing and hernandez plays roofe into the gap that tomori has left. Carson saves.

i could give other examples where central defenders get drawn forward leaving a gap. But keogh is mo worse than tomori or shotton or whoever. Just not as defensively minded as Shackell who resisted getting drawn out of position.

I agree. The difference being that we shipped Shackell and Shotton out and Tomori is a young lad who may or may not be good enough. Keogh seems to be untouchable.

9 minutes ago, RamNut said:

It wasn't keogh's man.

The right winger beats our left back. Then when the ball reaches the far post their left back! returns it for their left winger to score. They are 2 on 1 v Holmes.

if alioski had not miskicked then keogh was probably well placed to cover. But his mis-kick meant it fell short of keogh. He would have to teleport himself the instant alioski mis-kicked.

Excepting that Keogh planted himself and watched when he could have reacted. (Point also made by Bent and Andrews on Sky) IMHO he has a tendency to freeze.

15 minutes ago, RamNut said:

It wasn't keogh's man.

Would have to watch back but I'm pretty sure that Keogh went with Roofe (who Tomori should have been picking up and left Harrison unmarked in the middle.

Holmes had gone across to close down Allioski and Keogh should have shuffled across to mark Harrison.

Still don't think he would have got there in time and would have him behind Lowe, Carson and Holmes if we are apportioning blame for the goal.

26 minutes ago, ChrisKeogh said:

He would have had more chance of stopping it if he hadn't frozen (again) whilst their lad carried on. See the Southampton clip. Same old same old.

Same old same old...I'll give you that. 

Your obsession with him I'm beginning to find a bit weird.

2 hours ago, ChrisKeogh said:

'Keogh went with the Leeds forward and the hoof ball went over both of them' 

Or ' Keogh read the ball correctly just inside his half and headed it deep into the Leeds half preventing Leeds from breaking forward.' or ' Keogh read the ball correctly and brought it down and gave a short pass to Bryson enabling him to break into the Leeds half and put them under pressure'.

Keogh sold himself by getting under the ball on the halfway line, leaving Bryson to fill in for him at CH and him out of the game.  It was another poor decision by Keogh that could have cost us again.

Or maybe, Keogh went with the player in case the ball dropped shorter that it eventually did (having to cover for an absent midfielder) knowing that Bryson, Tomori and Wisdom were behind him, next expecting Bryson to deliver a weak header (when not even being challenged) or for Wisdom to loiter and allow the Leeds player to steal the ball.

List as many if's but's and maybe's as you like but, many players (including Keogh) made mistakes throughout the game but to single Keogh out for the reason Leeds should have had a penalty is plainly ridiculous. 

If you're going to list every players (rather than just Keogh's) error of judgement, misplaced pass, missed tackle, missed goal attempt etc. that "could have cost us" we'd be here all night. But if you insist, I've given you two (Bryson and Wisdom), neither of which you seem to acknowledge, to start you off.

Archived