Crazy Keogh hating

• Replies 977
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I've always been a big advocate of keogh but he's scaring the poo out of me lately..

Hoping he will settle down again quickly!

In his defence, all of our defenders are being left a bit exposed by the fact that we've almost been playing without a holding midfielder at times during the game, with Ledley rotating forward, which left Saiz with acres of space. I hope, if we tighten up the centre of midfield, it should give us back the Keogh of last season. If not, he might struggle to get in past Tomori and Davies.

2 minutes ago, Andicis said:

In his defence, all of our defenders are being left a bit exposed by the fact that we've almost been playing without a holding midfielder at times during the game, with Ledley rotating forward, which left Saiz with acres of space. I hope, if we tighten up the centre of midfield, it should give us back the Keogh of last season. If not, he might struggle to get in past Tomori and Davies.

True..and I don't like this rotation without the staff to deliver it.

Lamps has to realise that most EFL players aren't good enough to deliver the levels of performance and ability he expects....

Just now, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

True..and I don't like this rotation without the staff to deliver it.

Lamps has to realise that most EFL players aren't good enough to deliver the levels of performance and ability he expects....

I completely agree, I think the thought process is nice in theory. However, with the players at our disposal I just don't think it's possible. They are good players, we just need to simplify what we're doing.

8 minutes ago, Andicis said:

I completely agree, I think the thought process is nice in theory. However, with the players at our disposal I just don't think it's possible. They are good players, we just need to simplify what we're doing.

We perhaps do have a few players who get/are capable of doing what he wishes but they have been placed at the back of the q in favour of the new blood.....perhaps another lesson.

Sick of the endless backing of Keogh. He learns absolutely nothing from his mistakes. He hides from piss poor performances after the games leaving Davies to pick up the pieces.

Fans up and down the country in general can't wait to come up against him. A Leeds fan text me before the game saying exactly what was going to happen to Keogh. 

As much as a twit Morrison was, he's saying what every team thinks coming up against him.

Truth hurts.

7 hours ago, Andicis said:

Again. No, no, no.

Why should he constantly be covered by a holding midfielder? He can't perform without one.

8 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

You have turned up like a band penny with your Keogh hating. Not a peep from you when he was our best player game after game last season. He has had a bad start this season and may need to be dropped but you sir have no class.

I don't know what a band penny is but ok. 

11 hours ago, Wrightdcfc said:

Tomori was outstanding the rest of the defence, wow. Shocking springs to mind. However never been a Keogh fan he has had more recent years of protection via a holding midfielder to erase his mistakes. His footballing brain is horrendous and yes, he does give 110% but that doesn’t warrant a start. When has Pearce ever put a foot wrong? May I add ? 

Outstanding? Really? Keogh had a poor game, and I'm not for or against him. But Tomori was not outstanding, he was caught out of position for the second goal and made a mistake when Carson made a fabulous save in the second half before his block. 

Lets be rational, I know Keogh splits opinion and perhaps Tomori and Davis will be a better partnership, but people need to have a balanced opinion. Some of the comments on Keogh have been tantamount hateful (not saying you personally @Wrightdcfc)

I came away from the game yesterday thinking Keogh has chosen a bad time to start playing poorly. Then I saw our resident attention seekers on here going on as if we have Claude Davis back there and came to my senses. 

Let’s not forget that he had a top player at this level, Saiz, running at him every two minutes because Ledley couldn’t / wouldn’t track him at all. Then let’s not forget they had Klich making runs from midfield all game because Bryson couldn’t / wouldn’t track him. Then let’s not forget that he has Wisdom next to him who seems to get away with being rubbish offensively and defensively because he once parked his car in a puddle and it was funny. Then he had Tomori next to him who looks very promising but is, based on yesterday, positionally naive. Yes he has the pace to recover but that doesn’t mean that Keogh doesn’t also have to worry about where he is at times. And finally you have Max Lowe who while again is promising, has no idea how to defend a cross at the back post.

1 hour ago, Ramchester said:

Outstanding? Really? Keogh had a poor game, and I'm not for or against him. But Tomori was not outstanding, he was caught out of position for the second goal and made a mistake when Carson made a fabulous save in the second half before his block. 

Lets be rational, I know Keogh splits opinion and perhaps Tomori and Davis will be a better partnership, but people need to have a balanced opinion. Some of the comments on Keogh have been tantamount hateful (not saying you personally @Wrightdcfc)

No but for his first game against a very frightening attacking Leeds team he slotted in very well and did a grand job. His reading of the game and interceptions were great. He shone across the whole back four in my opinion. 

I’m fed up of people defending Keogh for the passion he has and effort he gives, ever thought maybe its all an act just to get managers, players and fans on his side? He’s had it too cushty here at Derby and would never want promotion because if we were to go up he would be out the door and should be now. 

I'm not getting the love in for Tomori yet - I thought he was at fault in three of the Leeds goals.

Yes, he looked classy on the ball and yes, the midfield were also at fault. He needs to be given time but I think Davies would have dealt with those three situations and it might have been a different result.

Absolutely puzzled by the criticism Keogh is receiving - again.

27 minutes ago, angieram said:

I'm not getting the love in for Tomori yet - I thought he was at fault in three of the Leeds goals.

Yes, he looked classy on the ball and yes, the midfield were also at fault. He needs to be given time but I think Davies would have dealt with those three situations and it might have been a different result.

I suggest you watch the goals back if you think tomori at fault for three! The first yes but he grew into the game.

Also amazed that your puzzled about Keogh. Gash defending from the Carson wonder save/Tomori follow up. Three Leeds attackers in six yard box keogh nearer the 18 yard line. Keogh pasted by Roofe for his second (albeit that it stemmed from Wilson’s poor pass after cracking Johnno tackle) and for Alioskis goal switches off again and gives him a free header.

Keogh was not on his own yesterday (three of the four defenders were poor along with ledley and Wilson) but the constant need to defend him (not you, in general) is wearing thin. He is the common denominator in our multiple failed seasons. 

I’m normally defending Keogh as I’ve alwayd thought we can’t really get another CB in this league that would improve on him a lot. However l am struggling to defend him based on what I’ve seen in the last two games, forgetting a couple of small mistakes - you have to say he was one of the most experienced players on the pitch yesterday and he did nothing to rally the team when we were under pressure, didn’t support Tomori (in fact after watching the highlights this morning it was Tomori covering him) I don’t put the game solely down to him but he went missing and the youth we have needed a leader. 

Im not saying Keogh out, but we desperately missed Davies to provide the leadership and experience and Huddlestone who also does the same in midfield. It’s no coincidence that we don’t perform without them - this year and last. 

Yet if we were to look at another defender Tim Ream at Fulham would have been perfect for our style of play this year. Didn’t make the bench for Fulham yesterday unsure if he was injured. 

Well done everyone.

i make that 10 out of the 11 players now on the receiving end of the fans boot.

surely someone could find reason to slag off carson and make the full set?

Sith Happens
2 hours ago, angieram said:

For me Keogh was the best out of our back 4 yesterday.

Lowe looked lost, wisdom slow. Tomori got better as the game went on. 

Archived