Davide

Crazy Keogh hating

45 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

Someone who can head it and kick it. 

It is the easiest position on the pitch to play... 

What makes it worse is that I think that over the years we have been blessed at derby with a number of brilliant centre halves.....And Keogh has been hanging around like a bad smell for far too long... I just hope that Frank bombs him out of the place now....if he does then this result will be the best thing that has happened to the club in years. 

MR you were very quiet over most of last season.  Keo for the most part was excellent in a team which protected him.  I have thought your criticism of him was based on an irrational  hatred but you have at last been proven right.  Keo is now not part of the solution he is part of the problem time to try someone/something different.

2 hours ago, TroyDyer said:

Why do multiple managers keep failing and getting fired? Hmmm. 

Not good enough. Never been good enough. Never will be good enough. 

If effort was enough, he'd be a worldy. It isn't. 

You have turned up like a band penny with your Keogh hating. Not a peep from you when he was our best player game after game last season. He has had a bad start this season and may need to be dropped but you sir have no class.

Keogh plays like Keogh plays no matter who he's playing alongside. He can get away with it alongside experienced players but when he's with someone who needs a little guidance be doesn't / can't adapt his game to help see them through it.

If panic sets in there needs to be someone who steps up and provides a calming influence, especially when trying to bring young players through. Keogh can never be that player, infact he exacerbates the problem, nearly every time.

It's just so hard to trust him.

I think people should be more concerned by 3 other things.

Our wide forwards continuously give the ball away especially Lawrence.

Other teams know how to exploit Lowe on crosses.

Ledley doesn't seem to understand how to play DCM.

The first of those 3 is the most worrying as Malone and Tom will be in the side soon.

He is awful! Always looks bewildered... a deer in headlights. It may do him the world of good to get dropped and work his way back.

In the meantime DCFC can win some games!

I do think Frank will be looking for loan defenders before the end of the month.

Edited by CapeTownRam

Lawrence put Leeds on the attack today more times than any Leeds player. 

When Ledley and Lowe are so keen to get forward it's not good having Wilson and Lawrence playing for themselves. 

I think Lampard is trying to make the midfield too flexible. There's Bryson dropping in (pointless) and a DM that goes ahead of the play. There's no contingency for when Lawrence or Wilson lose the ball to the 3rd player they've tried to take on after ignoring 3 assists.

Support the attack Ledley. But don't lead it. Your priority should surely to be to cover and be the reset point for a failed attack? 

Wisdom let's crosses in as a hobby. His interest extends to pushing people. Passing, keeping the line, closing down the ball... nah. Just wants to push people 

keoghs awareness Is poor, the best example of this, Assombalongas goal, for Boro, at pride park 17/18. I just watched it back, still unsure what Keogh was trying to do. It's things like this, that let him down, unfortunately. He would get exposed in the premier league, nowhere near good enough. 

Edited by lukedcfc

7 minutes ago, Andicis said:

I've always been a Keogh supporter, but he was shocking tonight. It's not hating Keogh to admit he had a poor game, it happens from time to time. 

I've always been a big advocate of keogh but he's scaring the poo out of me lately..

Hoping he will settle down again quickly!

Just now, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I've always been a big advocate of keogh but he's scaring the poo out of me lately..

Hoping he will settle down again quickly!

In his defence, all of our defenders are being left a bit exposed by the fact that we've almost been playing without a holding midfielder at times during the game, with Ledley rotating forward, which left Saiz with acres of space. I hope, if we tighten up the centre of midfield, it should give us back the Keogh of last season. If not, he might struggle to get in past Tomori and Davies.

2 minutes ago, Andicis said:

In his defence, all of our defenders are being left a bit exposed by the fact that we've almost been playing without a holding midfielder at times during the game, with Ledley rotating forward, which left Saiz with acres of space. I hope, if we tighten up the centre of midfield, it should give us back the Keogh of last season. If not, he might struggle to get in past Tomori and Davies.

True..and I don't like this rotation without the staff to deliver it.

Lamps has to realise that most EFL players aren't good enough to deliver the levels of performance and ability he expects....

Just now, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

True..and I don't like this rotation without the staff to deliver it.

Lamps has to realise that most EFL players aren't good enough to deliver the levels of performance and ability he expects....

I completely agree, I think the thought process is nice in theory. However, with the players at our disposal I just don't think it's possible. They are good players, we just need to simplify what we're doing.

8 minutes ago, Andicis said:

I completely agree, I think the thought process is nice in theory. However, with the players at our disposal I just don't think it's possible. They are good players, we just need to simplify what we're doing.

We perhaps do have a few players who get/are capable of doing what he wishes but they have been placed at the back of the q in favour of the new blood.....perhaps another lesson.