Crazy Keogh hating

I gave a few examples of Keogh's basic defensive errors in recent games in a recent post. My point was that, as an experienced defender, he shouldn't be making such basic defensive errors. I'll add another one from the Boro game.

Keogh is out wide on our right side facing towards one of their players. Their lad has the ball. Their lad does a bit of a shimmy. Keogh turns one way and then the other. Keogh quickly ends up with his back to their lad (who has hardly moved at that point). Their lad pushes the ball past Keogh (who has turned completely away from their lad). Their lad leaves Keogh behind and heads towards our goal.

Another of the basic tenets of defending - face the man; don't turn your back on the ball.

Like the other (very recent ) examples that I gave, Keogh regularly shows that he cannot be relied upon to do the defensive basics right.

• Replies 977
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Lokidoki said:

Ok for starters try Jake Cooper from Millwall, although he did sign a new contract last month, so not a possible purchase.

and @Mick Brolly that's what he's supposed to do and why it's not normal to appoint a forward as a captain unless your name is Arry

That was your second mistake, you will now get ridiculed for your absurd player suggestions by the FIFA 19 aficionados 

4 minutes ago, Lokidoki said:

Ok for starters try Jake Cooper from Millwall, although he did sign a new contract last month, so not a possible purchase.

and @Mick Brolly that's what he's supposed to do and why it's not normal to appoint a forward as a captain unless your name is Arry

Having never watched the guy, so I can't necessarily speak too much on him, but Lampard seemingly wants ball playing centre halves and Jake Cooper has 57.7% pass accuracy and plays 34 passes a game, half the number of Keogh, probably not the type of player we're looking for? His passing on who scored is described as very weak.

22 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

There's so much wrong with that paragraph is hard to know where to start....I haven't expressed an opinion about Keogh either way in the entire thread and definitely not today so how you come to the conclusion that I stated that the mafia as you put it are non Keogh haters is beyond me.

Bullying where did that come from don't recall using that word either?

@86 points and your reply was?

26 minutes ago, Lokidoki said:

Who's job is it to marshal the players into position and to get the young players to track their man? The captain and the oldest player in the back four. You've just answered  your own question and noted my point.

So was it also Keogh fault that Nugent didn't take the great chance he had, to score the winning goal at the end of the Boro game.

10 minutes ago, Mick Brolly said:

What absolute balls so if we made a foward the captain it would be his job to marshal the defence into the correct positions.

When the captain is the centre half and the most experienced defender it seems kind of reasonable that he should be responsible for marshalling the defence. 

6 minutes ago, Lokidoki said:

Took you over 15 mins to pull a name, and then to find out his contract info.

oh google what would we do without you

?????????????

2 minutes ago, ChrisKeogh said:

I gave a few examples of Keogh's basic defensive errors in recent games in a recent post. My point was that, as an experienced defender, he shouldn't be making such basic defensive errors. I'll add another one from the Boro game.

Keogh is out wide on our right side facing towards one of their players. Their lad has the ball. Their lad does a bit of a shimmy. Keogh turns one way and then the other. Keogh quickly ends up with his back to their lad (who has hardly moved at that point). Their lad pushes the ball past Keogh (who has turned completely away from their lad). Their lad has left 

So Keogh was taken on by an attacking player? 

Does this not happen to every defender? Every player on the pitch? Every experienced player that's ever played the game? 

35 minutes ago, Lokidoki said:

Who's job is it to marshal the players into position and to get the young players to track their man? The captain and the oldest player in the back four. You've just answered  your own question and noted my point.

One of the strangest posts I've read in a long while. This isn't cricket where the captain positions his fielders in a static situation before the bowler delivers the ball.

Weird! 

1 hour ago, Wolfie20 said:

You're giving your opinion. Opinion is NOT fact, no matter how much you try and make out that your opinion is fact.

The examples that I gave regarding the basic mistakes that Keogh made in recent games are facts. It is my opinion that needlessly letting a high ball bounce, needlessly over committing and losing position as a result, turning your back on an attacker and heading the ball into the path of a forward are basic defensive errors. So yes, a mixture of facts and opinions.

40 minutes ago, Lokidoki said:

If he's second oldest does he still have to do it.

11 minutes ago, Ruda Harliss said:

Took you over 15 mins to pull a name, and then to find out his contract info.

oh google what would we do without you

?????????????

No I asked my sons if they agreed with me first and my eldest pointed out the contract info.  I don't need to hide behind google.

also was watching Jezza on ITV life doesn't live on the internet in my house

6 minutes ago, Mr Tibbs said:

So Keogh was taken on by an attacking player? 

Does this not happen to every defender? Every player on the pitch? Every experienced player that's ever played the game? 

Did you see the incident? First half. Keogh ended up facing towards our goal with their attacker looking at Keogh's back. I don't reckon that's typical defending.

1 minute ago, ChrisKeogh said:

The examples that I gave regarding the basic mistakes that Keogh made in recent games are facts. It is my opinion that needlessly letting a high ball bounce, needlessly over committing and losing position as a result, turning your back on an attacker and heading the ball into the path of a forward are basic defensive errors. So yes, a mixture of facts and opinions.

Yes - it's your opinion and whether I or anyone else agrees is another matter but it's not fact. Unbelievable how some find it so difficult to differentiate between the two.

21 minutes ago, Lokidoki said:

Millwall have conceded 9 more goals than us this season so far.

If one player has such a big effect on a team, as seems to be the case with Keogh, why have Millwall conceded so many?

5 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

One of the strangest posts I've read in a long while. This isn't cricket where the captain positions his fielders in a static situation before the bowler delivers the ball.

Weird! 

Some might say that a bit of communication and organisation when defending is quite a good idea - with the CH captain having a role perhaps? Are you really suggesting that it isn't the job of the captain to communicate and organise?

2 minutes ago, ChrisKeogh said:

Did you see the incident? First half. Keogh ended up facing towards our goal with their attacker looking at Keogh's back. I don't reckon that's typical defending.

I didn't, been away all NY. I might catch the 90 mins but then again it's Tony Pulis' Boro so I'll probably give it a miss. Just sounds like a mistake which I see every game at this level. Even at the highest level. Just had the Newcastle/United game on and there were mistakes all over the shop. Players caught on the ball for goals, keeper's at fault, defenders being done on toast... part of the game innit? 

For the sake of balance, did he do anything well? I don't expect Keogh to set oppo strikers up like he did vs Bristol City but you'll struggle to find a defender at this level who's as squeaky clean as you want them to be. 

3 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Yes - it's your opinion and whether I or anyone else agrees is another matter but it's not fact. Unbelievable how some find it so difficult to differentiate between the two.

And so you agree or don't agree that these are examples of poor defending? 

Archived