Crazy Keogh hating

1 minute ago, Lokidoki said:

Here we go again. Tell me how many dropped points and goals given away due to his errors. It always appears that this is the forgotten bit, the unspeakable truth. Over a season this is the difference between success and failure. The falure on Tuesday and on Boxing Day and the match before than that, over and over - like a Groundhog Day, it's not if it will happen but when and that is an undeniable fact. And also what I pointed out last year and the year before and many others have said too. 

Lovely man;  over a season, a liability. Defending the indefensible I'm afraid.

Can you?

• Replies 977
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Lokidoki said:

Here we go again. Tell me how many dropped points and goals given away due to his errors. It always appears that this is the forgotten bit, the unspeakable truth. Over a season this is the difference between success and failure. The failure on Tuesday and on Boxing Day and the match before that, over and over - like a Groundhog Day, it's not if it will happen but when and that is an undeniable fact. And also what I pointed out last year and the year before and many others have said too. 

Lovely man;  over a season, a liability. Defending the indefensible I'm afraid.

He’s a central defender .. of course he’s made mistakes that cost points. It’s part of the job. He has also made head and body on the line rescue missions that have saved points. .. at the end of the season in recent times we have been contenders. How in a team game can you honestly single out one player. Daft 

@cosmic -  I started to do this a few seasons back and we had a hell of a row on this forum. I even started  to go through all the videos to prove my point. i don't need to do it now, it's blindingly obvious. I am surprised by the fact that many of the managers of DCFC have not appeared to have picked this up. I very much doubt that it has escaped FL who always eschewed errors.  So I am sure FL will have a plan and if we want promotion we need one.

15 minutes ago, Lokidoki said:

Tell me how many dropped points and goals given away due to his errors.

You do realise every centre half in this league makes errors? All the top centre halves that people go on about have made countless errors. Keogh makes no more than anybody else.

5 minutes ago, Lokidoki said:

@cosmic -  I started to do this a few seasons back and we had a hell of a row on this forum. I even started  to go through all the videos to prove my point. i don't need to do it now, it's blindingly obvious. I am surprised by the fact that many of the managers of DCFC have not appeared to have picked this up. I very much doubt that it has escaped FL who always eschewed errors.  So I am sure FL will have a plan and if we want promotion we need one.

So we need a CB who never makes mistakes? And which Championship CB would you cite as an example of one who never make errors leading to goals and how much would this fella cost? Maybe Mel will find £50 mill down the back of one of his sofas so you and the other detractors can sleep easy. 

If we are on the subject of mistakes leading to goals then Harry Wilson isn't good enough either. Andre Wisdom and Jayden Bogle are pretty shocking too. In fact Bogle is possibly up there with Tomori for defensive errors leading to goals and i can remember Wilson losing the ball and us conceding on the counter more than a couple of times. 

Any CB error will likely cost a team a chance. 

What about the positives? Bogle and Tomori are allowed errors because they're developing. Wilson is allowed errors because he pulls off some fantastic play more often than he fecks up. 

How would the ball leave the back 4 if the 2 CB's were Davies and Pearce? 

I think if you never make a mistake then you're not doing anything 

Pointless debate. Proved my point you cannot criticise RK on this forum.  FL will prove me right I am sure because he knows and understands football. Last key point is that I have been proven right (And many others who dare say the same) for six successive seasons that with him we have not made promotion.

Just now, Lokidoki said:

Pointless debate. Proved my point you cannot criticise RK on this forum.  FL will prove me right I am sure because he knows and understands football. Last key point is that I have been proven right (And many others who dare say the same) for six successive seasons that with him we have not made promotion.

Why can't you? You won't be banned for it. You don't want to debate people on this because you aren't providing valid points, and the points you do make are being called out. Correlation isn't causation.

3 minutes ago, Lokidoki said:

This reminded me of; 

9 minutes ago, Lokidoki said:

Okay, you don’t want to back up your claim, that’s your choice. But you just said that his errors have been the difference between success and failure. 

In the last 5 seasons we’ve reached the playoffs 3 times, fell short once, and got nowhere close the other time. 

Aside from the Wembley error in 2014 (which, lets face it, is a stick most Keogh critics refuse to stop hitting him with), can you honestly say it was his fault we failed the other two playoff campaigns, and didnt reach the playoffs the other two times? Here’s a very basic recap (but a bit more effort from my side compared to your “I don’t need to prove anything” attitude).

2014: Error (alongside bad defending by others) led to QPR scoring, but how come we couldn’t break down 10 men and score ourselves?

2015: Injuries, “all-our-attack”, and a soft underbelly we’re behind our decline. If it was Keogh that made that bad Will Hughes pass against Reading you’d have poo yourself with anger.

2016: Made the playoffs despite a manger change. His fault we didn’t go up?

2017: Keogh probably to blame for hiring Pearson. I’ll give you this one. 

2018: Probably one of his best seasons. Close to player of the year. One of the bests defence records we’ve had. Were  his errors the reason Fulham wiped the floor with us as we tried to shithouse our way to glory?

Sorry, I just cannot understand how you’re blaming one man on all our failings. It’s extremely shortsighted. 

9 minutes ago, Lokidoki said:

Jesus. Proved my point. Just read my reply above. 

Sith Happens
10 minutes ago, Lokidoki said:

Of course you can criticise him. But just as you have as much right to do so others have the right to say they disagree and defend him.

13 minutes ago, Lokidoki said:

Still waiting  to hear who you'd suggest we replace him with. Bit precious to criticise then whine when folk don't agree with you too.

8 minutes ago, Lokidoki said:

You can critique. You can say, he messed up in a game at a particular time but what you can’t rationally do (and I stress rationally) is ignore the positive contribution he makes at other times and then damn him on the basis of his errors. A player is the sum of his contribution to the team.

i saved the world, sorry I spilt your beer while I was doing it 

24 minutes ago, Lokidoki said:

You can!! There's at least 3 threads a year on him! 

We have never achieved promotion with Hughes and Hendrick either. Neither good enough for the PL? 

We did achieve promotion with Stephen Bywater and that stunning squad. 

I mean when Keogh joined I bet we had Sammon and Robinson? Perhaps Connor Doyle? I can't remember but whoever was here it was definitely Keogh that was the key figure in our 12th place finish and every season since has been in spite of him?

23 minutes ago, KCG said:

Another year and most saying we are all entitled to our opinions, but apparently some are more "entitled" to their opinion than others are!

Everyone is entitled to an opinion. But if you put your opinion on here then you're opening up for a debate, no? 

So if someone disagrees then they are denying you your opinion. 

But the people who don't favour Keogh aren't denying those who do rate him their opinion

Nobody here is being censored. Not seeing anything getting decided. It's just us lot chatting poo. 

17 minutes ago, 86 points said:

Still waiting  to hear who you'd suggest we replace him with. Bit precious to criticise then whine when folk don't agree with you too.

I am not suggesting who we replace him by, for alas that is the conundrum and I am not whining, just stating facts. It's not just me that you are disagreeing with but quite a few others . It's not just the mistakes it's the poor positional play. Tell me where he was for the third goal against Norwich? This happens time and time again.

1 minute ago, Lokidoki said:

I am not suggesting who we replace him by, for alas that is the conundrum and I am not whining, just stating facts. It's not just me that you are disagreeing with but quite a few others . It's not just the mistakes it's the poor positional play. Tell me where he was for the third goal against Norwich? This happens time and time again.

The only 'facts' you've posted are that CBs make mistakes that lead to goals being conceded. And like every other serial Keogh critic on this forum, when asked who the players are that don't fall into this category (ie, potential replacements), you're completely unable to name a single one. What's that 'fact' tell you?

Archived