Crazy Keogh hating

57 minutes ago, angieram said:

Think that was happening because Huddlestone was so tightly marked and also because Davies lacks pace so Keogh can't go charging forward knowing he's got cover (TomorI and Keogh do this so well for each other.)

Huddlestone got loads more space second half and even when he didn't he seemed to find a way to get the ball through the midfield ruck and out to the flanks.

Although this is the Keogh bashing thread, yesterday just demonstrated to me that Davies is the least suited of the three to the way that Lampard wants us to play. Still a very good player, though. 

Yep I agree. Davies sadly isn’t mobile enough for this system and he finds it difficult playing out from the back. We reverted back to the Reading game in the first half. Huddlestone in the second half was waving his arms to the pair of them to move it forward quicker numerous times instead of the chuckle brothers show. Tomori will be back hopefully for Villa on Saturday. 

• Replies 977
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First half, huddz was dropping very deep - almost at RB sometimes - so when the chuckle bros wanted to play forward, huddz was often awol from the centre circle. 

i can understand him giving davies a game v jutkiewicz but i  was worried when i saw che adam's pace though. 

On ‎27‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 22:17, G STAR RAM said:

I'm not aware of any manager belittling Keogh

Far from it, he has been first choice for every manager here (that's a lot!) and internationally as well. 

On balance we're a lot better with him in the team than not, which says it all for me.

Someone not making occasional errors is not doing anything.

13 hours ago, loweman2 said:

The sideways passing in the first half between Keough and Davies was not good to watch, Marriott was running around from one side to the other making space to recieve a pass but it didn’t arrive, second half they made more effort to make a forward pass and hey presto we revert to an attacking side and score three goals !

The sideways passing is completely necessary. It is designed to draw the opposition forward in such a way that space between their two forwards is created to allow a pass to Huddlestone, or to draw their wide players forward to facilitate a quick interplay from centre-back to full back to wide player, thus creating a hole down the flank which draws the opposition's central midfield player across. This in turn creates space in central midfield to allow the likes of Wilson/Mount/Holmes to operate.

In the first half, this was too slow, especially when we were a goal down, because Birmingham 'sat' very much on the back foot, and very disciplined. During the second half, Derby simply speeded everything up.

2 minutes ago, eddie said:

The sideways passing is completely necessary. It is designed to draw the opposition forward in such a way that space between their two forwards is created to allow a pass to Huddlestone, or to draw their wide players forward to facilitate a quick interplay from centre-back to full back to wide player, thus creating a hole down the flank which draws the opposition's central midfield player across. This in turn creates space in central midfield to allow the likes of Wilson/Mount/Holmes to operate.

In the first half, this was too slow, especially when we were a goal down, because Birmingham 'sat' very much on the back foot, and very disciplined. During the second half, Derby simply speeded everything up.

Stop talking sense!

14 hours ago, Grimbeard said:

An update: I haven't killed The Bloke Behind me yet, but it's getting close.

Today 1st half:

T.B.B.M and his easily led mate:-

"Come on Derby, sort it out, we're rubbish!"

" That kid Holmes is too lightweight, get him off"

"Keogh, stop passing sideways, gerrit forward, GERRIT FORWARD!"  (repeated 432 times)

" Sort it out Lampard, this is rubbish!"

Half Time:

T.B.B.M and his easily led mate:-

BOOOoooo!

Second half, 1st 5 mins:

"Keogh, stop passing sideways, gerrit forward, GERRIT FORWARD!"

Next 40 odd mins:

Nowt, a blissful silence behind me.

I really think that I'll have to kill him, it's the only solution.

Best of it is he probably went home thinking he made the difference.

15 hours ago, loweman2 said:

The sideways passing in the first half between Keough and Davies was not good to watch, Marriott was running around from one side to the other making space to recieve a pass but it didn’t arrive, second half they made more effort to make a forward pass and hey presto we revert to an attacking side and score three goals !

Glad the Davies agrees !

62DD8470-283D-4E18-B84D-E204E7CED57C.jpeg

53 minutes ago, ashram said:

No left foot

That makes it more remarkable then that hes a top championship player if he has got a foot missing.

• 1 month later...

Dug this thread back up as I actually think Keogh is having one of his best seasons he's had whilst being at the club . He really has become a true leader . I know his mistakes get highlighted but he's a ball playing defender , we want our team to play out from the back ? The odd mistake will happen . 9 times out of 10 that header Saturday would of fell to Huddlestone s feet . Look at Keogh off the ball ? I was watching him Saturday and he was constantly barking at Bogle and Tomori firing orders out ! Long live King Richard I say .

2 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

Him and Bryson have been incredible servants for our club. Especially keogh. A true king of this club. Played under countless managers and is still always picked week in week out. He deserves promotion and deserves a statue. King keogh 

A good number would agree with this, including me, but It would nonetheless be amusing and perhaps apt for the statue to read

...king Keogh.

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, superzak said:

Yeah I'm sure the words of a man, who only scored 93 career goals who plays in a totally different position to Keogh is in a better place to make opinions on Keogh than multiple managers who have worked closely with Keogh, including Frank Lampard OBE, second place in Ballon D'or and Chelsea's all time leading goal scorer.

5 minutes ago, Xlor said:

There's a reason why theirs so many fans/pundits saying the same thing. He just simply isn't good enough. 

If he isn't, why does every manager keep playing him? So many fans wanted to keep Rowett last year, does that mean that Rowett was good? Going off fan opinion is silly.

Archived