Crazy Keogh hating

Why do fans keep slating Keogh? But managers keep picking him? hmmmm.

There were several poorer players than Keogh today and he has saved us on many occasions. He was poor last match, but how he can be made a scapegoat today is beyond me. Some fans need to spend more energy encouraging the team rather than shouting abuse at him!

• Replies 977
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, TroyDyer said:

Why do multiple managers keep failing and getting fired? Hmmm. 

Not good enough. Never been good enough. Never will be good enough. 

If effort was enough, he'd be a worldy. It isn't. 

So you and other fans know the team better than a professional football manager?  And how can player determine promotion or not? He was one of best Derby players last season

2 minutes ago, Davide said:

So you and other fans know the team better than a professional football manager?  And how can player determine promotion or not? He was one of best Derby players last season

If I was derby manager,  I would have failed and got sacked. Just like all the other more experienced managers that played Keogh. 

Ideally we'll get a better manager than me,  that sees Keogh for what he is. 

I dont hate Keogh, I just realise he is a mid table standard player who either plays great or like a league 2 player, he tries his best but  his best  isn't good enough for  a team that wants promotion, Tomori  is young and inexperienced but he was a class above Keogh and proved why he has come through the Chelsea academy.  No team who wants promotion would have Keogh anywhere near their starting 11 he is far to prone to mistakes on the ball, and even his defending is n't that good as he always dives in and either makes a great tackle or leaves the defence exposed.

2 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

People hate on him because he is an easy target, because he is an absolute turgid footballer. 

He puts in a decent amount of effort but he just simply isn’t good enough. 

You don’t rate Shackell who’s an immaculate defender but average on the ball and don’t rate Keogh who’s excellent on the ball but is an average defender.

Just what exactly do you expect from a Championship centre-half? Baresi? 

Keogh didn't play at his best,neither did most of the team. We were beaten by a better team. No need to panic it won't be the last time it happens this season. Ledey looked a class below anyone on the pitch ,the back four were disjointed,we were second to every 50/50 ball had no it very little composure and Leeds made us look better than we were after going 3,1 up.

lots of room for improvement, obviously early days with new players, manager and tactics ect.

Lawrence worked hard, Tomoro looked capable, Waghorn got an introduction to playing and gaining match fitness. And most importantly Frank will hopefully have learnt a lot about our players .

Hate Leeds ,but so long as we see. improvement and contend for top six playing attractive football i will be content.

1 minute ago, cannable said:

You don’t rate Shackell who’s an immaculate defender but average on the ball and don’t rate Keogh who’s excellent on the ball but is an average defender.

Just what exactly do you expect from a Championship centre-half? Baresi? 

All you need from  a championship defender is someone like Barker or shackell at their peaks who were solid and knew when to hoof it rather than over playing.

4 minutes ago, WAGHORNY RAM99 said:

All you need from  a championship defender is someone like Barker or shackell at their peaks who were solid and knew when to hoof it rather than over playing.

Fulham, Mac 1, Swansea, etcetera would have all been worse with Shackell in their side. Shackell’s inability on the ball was what caused Clement’s system to crumble.

We’ve seen how a head and kick it centre-half in Pearce gets eviscerated when asked to play out from the back in a high line. 

Tomori was outstanding the rest of the defence, wow. Shocking springs to mind. However never been a Keogh fan he has had more recent years of protection via a holding midfielder to erase his mistakes. His footballing brain is horrendous and yes, he does give 110% but that doesn’t warrant a start. When has Pearce ever put a foot wrong? May I add ? 

Archived