Crazy Keogh hating

• Replies 977
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, KCG said:

You are just making an assumption. I was replying to someone else and his photo, from which there is no way anyone could make out what had happened or was going to happen. Have a look it!

To be frank I don't care what line you have drawn, because my opinion, and that of others, is that from the TV motion pictures (!) it was clear it was not going in.

Keogh should have and could have, calmly cleared the shot anyway.

I wasn't referring to that post. I know the one you mean. Some posts seem to have been removed now but there was one which referred to my photo and saying it was biased. Never mind....i think it is time to move on

9 minutes ago, RamNut said:

It was by a mod. Its probably gone now.

at least he didn't call him a dozy b. Thats worth a warning ?

Ah right, I know the one. He wasn't insulted in it. Think it must have been misconstrued. Amazing how things can get blown up on here sometimes.

8 hours ago, KCG said:

To be frank I don't care what line you have drawn, because my opinion, and that of others, is that from the TV motion pictures (!) it was clear it was not going in.

I've seen both freeze frame and motion pictures and there is no way you can say it was clear it was not going in, the fact that opinion on here is so split should also be a good indicator that it is not clear, so not really sure why you are persisting with the point. 

8 hours ago, KCG said:

You are just making an assumption. I was replying to someone else and his photo, from which there is no way anyone could make out what had happened or was going to happen. Have a look it!

Keogh should have and could have, calmly cleared the shot anyway.

The photo you were referring to wasn't saying it was on target. He shared that image in response to someone saying Keogh should have left it for Lowe who was in position to clear it.

40 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

The photo you were referring to wasn't saying it was on target. He shared that image in response to someone saying Keogh should have left it for Lowe who was in position to clear it.

I think it was @KCG ?

This thread is a great example of how some people are subject to confirmation bias.  No matter what the evidence shows the hatred for RK and any other Derby player can be so intense that they will not countenance any challenge to their view.  Whether that relates to RK, TL or BJ some appear to love the opportunity to jump on an event to show justification for their sometimes strange views.

1. the ball was going wide so RK should have left it - it is not certain where it was going so he had to make a decision without the benefit of slow mo etc.  As it stands the goal has been marked as not an OG.  my first view of it was that it was possibly going wide but too close to call
  2. there was back up so he should have left it - no there wasn't.  I think this sort of claim could only be made by a wum
  3. he panicked and should have cleared it - he was actually very close to making a good stop.  It wasn't my immediate concern when I saw it

I don't see any point in debating it, some hate him so much they will never accept that perhaps their view on this occasion is wrong

4 hours ago, Spanish said:

I think it was @KCG ?

This thread is a great example of how some people are subject to confirmation bias.  No matter what the evidence shows the hatred for RK and any other Derby player can be so intense that they will not countenance any challenge to their view.  Whether that relates to RK, TL or BJ some appear to love the opportunity to jump on an event to show justification for their sometimes strange views.

1. the ball was going wide so RK should have left it - it is not certain where it was going so he had to make a decision without the benefit of slow mo etc.  As it stands the goal has been marked as not an OG.  my first view of it was that it was possibly going wide but too close to call
  2. there was back up so he should have left it - no there wasn't.  I think this sort of claim could only be made by a wum
  3. he panicked and should have cleared it - he was actually very close to making a good stop.  It wasn't my immediate concern when I saw it

I don't see any point in debating it, some hate him so much they will never accept that perhaps their view on this occasion is wrong

Everybody "suffers" from confirmation bias, even you!!!!!!! So you are making an illogical point to support your own position!!!!!!

On 05/01/2019 at 22:27, KCG said:

It was going wide. Even if it wasn't, would have been cleared by the player behind.

Time for people to stop and acknowledge the truth of what happened there!

Just not true though is it. 

I am neither a lover or hater of Richard, my confirmation bias would need to support an opinion that he is just about ok.

Hate is a very strong, emotive word. So who are these Keogh haters? I suspect the vast majority of fans recognise that Keogh has many good qualities but occasionally makes mistakes and has weaknesses - rather like most players. Nobody is perfect are they? I've decided not to participate in any thread about an individual because it seems to become an issue of hate or love or certain players are targeted. If someone has an opinion and can back it up with reasons then it is valid and ought to be respected.

3 minutes ago, Dappled Ram said:

Hate is a very strong, emotive word. So who are these Keogh haters? I suspect the vast majority of fans recognise that Keogh has many good qualities but occasionally makes mistakes and has weaknesses - rather like most players. Nobody is perfect are they? I've decided not to participate in any thread about an individual because it seems to become an issue of hate or love or certain players are targeted. If someone has an opinion and can back it up with reasons then it is valid and ought to be respected.

It's a turn of phrase. Not sure the OP is suggesting anyone actually 'hates' Keogh and neither is anyone else. Just a lot of criticism that some folk feel is warranted and a good few more feel is not. Nothing more to see here really so no need for concern. 

Archived