Nick Blackman - Joined Sporting de Gijon on loan

SuperDerbySuperRams

2 hours ago, Rample said:

Surely Claude Davis paid for himself, had a head like a fifty pence piece. 

To pay for himself, he would have required a head shaped like six million fifty pence pieces.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply
55 minutes ago, RamLad1884 said:

Good luck to him, absolutely atrocious for us, but I was one of the first to think he'd change it around this year. 

I'd imagine he's probably going to do well out there, fast and powerful he could potentially tear the league up. 

He'll never get a touch of the ball. Remember that Bris said that there are 'millions of players better than Will Hughes in the Spanish second division".

5 minutes ago, eddie said:

He'll never get a touch of the ball. Remember that Bris said that there are 'millions of players better than Will Hughes in the Spanish second division".

I’m pretty sure he didn’t mean it like that, what he probably meant was that there are many technically gifted players in Spain like Hughes, which is true. You won’t make it as a pro footballer in Spain unless you are excellent technically.

8 minutes ago, McLovin said:

I’m pretty sure he didn’t mean it like that, what he probably meant was that there are many technically gifted players in Spain like Hughes, which is true. You won’t make it as a pro footballer in Spain unless you are excellent technically.

Quite possibly, but if I don't take the Mickey out of Bris's superior arrogance, then I would have to take the Mickey out of yours.

?

15 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Like albentosa for example ?

45 minutes ago, roboto said:

Albentosa?

35 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

Like albentosa for example ?

I’ll give you that one but I don’t think he was bad as people made out, he came into a team where all the defensive midfielders were injured, our keeper had brain freezes and Christie, Keogh and Forsyth all happened to become rubbish at the same time and being unable to speak the language wasn’t ideal. Same with Blackman , he wasn’t that bad. Both came into teams who were struggling. It was a case of the wrong place at the wrong time for both players. 

2 hours ago, NottsRam77 said:

He was terrible

made worse by being surrounded by Claude Davis and dean “dingle dangle” leacock

nb: I nicknamed him dingle dangle  after the number of times he left a trailing loose leg out for a forward to go over on having been utterly bamboozled by them

2 incredible tackles in the box against WBA at Wembley, as important as the goal.  Not terrible imo

8 minutes ago, Spanish said:

2 incredible tackles in the box against WBA at Wembley, as important as the goal.  Not terrible imo

Mears was a good fullback just left in a way that was unbecoming if you believe the rumours. Nothing wrong with him as a player. 

57 minutes ago, RIMBAUD said:

Mears was a good fullback just left in a way that was unbecoming if you believe the rumours. Nothing wrong with him as a player. 

I agree, decent player, but we haven't really been blessed with right backs in the 30 odd years I've watched Derby. Brayford, Wisdom, Charles, Mears. Not a huge amount between them on a good day

PistoldPete2

With the transfer window now shut , players like Blackman will still need to be moved on. He's behind about six CFs now, jerome, nurgent, Marriott, martin, wag horn and Bennett. Maybe only one place up for grabs  between them .. Maybe two on occasions. Then we have about 12 players as attacking midfielders or wingers ( for four positions)  3 CDMs and three left backs. So by my reckoning that's about 10 players who need to be loaned out or contracts cancelled. Plus maybe a few others like elsnick or guy who need experience elsewhere on loan. Still a busy time for frank and co. 

1 hour ago, Rample said:

I agree, decent player, but we haven't really been blessed with right backs in the 30 odd years I've watched Derby. Brayford, Wisdom, Charles, Mears. Not a huge amount between them on a good day

Laursen my favourite - Although mostly played CB he was originally a RB

And there was that lad from near Birmingham - think we signed him in about 1995 from Everton - decent RB but turned out to be a bit of a git in the end...

2 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

With the transfer window now shut , players like Blackman will still need to be moved on. He's behind about six CFs now, jerome, nurgent, Marriott, martin, wag horn and Bennett. Maybe only one place up for grabs  between them .. Maybe two on occasions. Then we have about 12 players as attacking midfielders or wingers ( for four positions)  3 CDMs and three left backs. So by my reckoning that's about 10 players who need to be loaned out or contracts cancelled. Plus maybe a few others like elsnick or guy who need experience elsewhere on loan. Still a busy time for frank and co. 

All true Pete but I wonder what's going on with Timi Max .. he had a good loan spell and clearly developed .. what have Jody or Frank seen that is keeping him out of the frame I wonder ? 

4 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

The exact number of players out of contract at the end of the season?

2 hours ago, Spanish said:

Oh they were blinding.

but that doesn’t make him a good player, he had plenty of attributes to make him a good player.. put the ball infront of him to run onto or to win and he could do it but ask him to make a defensive decision or not to switch off and dear god 

What about the 332 times he switched off and was in no mans land defensively 

he made Cyrus look on the ball positionally 

5 hours ago, RIMBAUD said:

Best defenestrator at the club.

Archived