Nick Blackman - Joined Sporting de Gijon on loan

SuperDerbySuperRams

16 minutes ago, NottsRammy said:

Im sorry but putting nick blackman who hasn't really played that much esp in his best position as worst derby player , clearly has not seen the likes of  Steve Cross and Nick pickering play for us I would also add steve McLaren ( yes our former manager ) into that list as well he was useless as a number 10 running round with his socks round his ankles I remember it well .

I also give you Claude Davis.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, NottsRammy said:

Im sorry but putting nick blackman who hasn't really played that much esp in his best position as worst derby player , clearly has not seen the likes of  Steve Cross and Nick pickering play for us I would also add steve McLaren ( yes our former manager ) into that list as well he was useless as a number 10 running round with his socks round his ankles I remember it well .

Pickering and cross while i remember at the time we’re v much scapegoats / the clubs boo boys both played for the club in the top flight and managed the odd decent game

Pickering scores a few goals for us if I remember none more noteably than at old Trafford, Blackman ain’t good enough for this league never mind the top flight which both Pickering and Cross managed to play in ...... somehow lol 

56 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Pickering and cross while i remember at the time we’re v much scapegoats / the clubs boo boys both played for the club in the top flight and managed the odd decent game

Pickering scores a few goals for us if I remember none more noteably than at old Trafford, Blackman ain’t good enough for this league never mind the top flight which both Pickering and Cross managed to play in ...... somehow lol 

Your just sore coz I got a better and more original user name lol ?

4 minutes ago, thederbyram said:

I actually quite liked Mears, before his whole "climb out of the window" thing.

Mind you, looking back I can't say I blame him.

Yeah, when you’re in the Worst Team in History, managed by Paul Jewell and Robbie Savage is your captain, I can understand why you’d be pretty eager to head of to the South of France and join a big European club.

Unless you were some deranged Ram-mad fan turned professional footballer, who wouldn’t be smashing down doors forcing the move through?

1 hour ago, NottsRammy said:

Can’t hold back on this one - I was there at old Trafford and have seen both Nick Pickering and Steve Cross score for Derby county at old Trafford in the top league and I also saw a reserve game there where Steve Mac missed a derby penalty 

they were not dreadful players but we had ones around them that were better 

10 minutes ago, Duracell said:

Yeah, when you’re in the Worst Team in History, managed by Paul Jewell and Robbie Savage is your captain, I can understand why you’d be pretty eager to head of to the South of France and join a big European club.

Unless you were some deranged Ram-mad fan turned professional footballer, who wouldn’t be smashing down doors forcing the move through?

Look, I am sick and tired of reading all this good sense you come out with.

Don't you realise this thread is:

a) An opportunity to spout more vitriol at someone who doesn't deserve it

b) An opportunity to wish someone luck who they had previously spouted vitriol at.

c) Bring up the names of former players who they had previously spouted vitriol at.

3 hours ago, Dimmu said:

And also Vinny Samways who was most likely the first one with Las Palmas even earlier.

Well done.

Based purely on his appearance on Panini stickers I always assumed he wasn't British (despite the name), and the fact he then moved to Spain only backed up my misguided thinking.

Under 21 games weren't so prominent in the 80s so had no idea he had represented England.

1 minute ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Look, I am sick and tired of reading all this good sense you come out with.

Don't you realise this thread is:

a) An opportunity to spout more vitriol at someone who doesn't deserve it

b) An opportunity to wish someone luck who they had previously spouted vitriol at.

c) Bring up the names of former players who they had previously spouted vitriol at.

Sorry, right you are. I opt for c) please.

Khalilou Fadiga. Waste of space! Glad we got rid.

21 minutes ago, Duracell said:

Hang on, nobody took the first 2 titles off Phil Brown did they?

I can't defend Savage though. 

38 minutes ago, Derbyram1983 said:

At least he has the decency to find a new club. Plenty here are happy rotting in their arse on big money rather than taking a cut and playing football. 

He won’t be taking a pay cut to go there but yeah fair play he wants to play football and doesn’t matter where in the world by the looks. 

2 hours ago, thederbyram said:

I actually quite liked Mears, before his whole "climb out of the window" thing.

Mind you, looking back I can't say I blame him.

He was terrible

made worse by being surrounded by Claude Davis and dean “dingle dangle” leacock

nb: I nicknamed him dingle dangle  after the number of times he left a trailing loose leg out for a forward to go over on having been utterly bamboozled by them

Archived