Björn Engels - Signed For Stade de Reims

Topram

1 minute ago, tombomb said:

I don't think anybody doubts his loyalty and that he has been a great servant. Simple fact is if we can improve on him and have the money to do so then we should. Same has applied to every other position. Why should Keogh be exempt from that? 

You can always improve on Championship players, the point is many fans take delight in slagging him off and demanding him out. Keogh has had to put up with more poo than any of our players, and has dealt with it brilliantly, it irks me so much to see a fantastic pro like Keogh get the stick he doesn't deserve.

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, tombomb said:

I don't think anybody doubts his loyalty and that he has been a great servant. Simple fact is if we can improve on him and have the money to do so then we should. Same has applied to every other position. Why should Keogh be exempt from that? 

He isn't exempt. It's just the delight some people seem to take in any mistakes or the thought of him not being in the team.

Indicative of the 'FAIL' generation.

2 minutes ago, oldtimeram said:

I would keep Keogh as back up. 

Yeah, don’t get the idea Keogh will be immediately shipped out. Probably be Pearce going out on loan. If and it’s a big if, Engels did sign he will need time to settle in, Keogh will still have a place.

9 minutes ago, Andicis said:

It's absolutely shameful how some of our fans treat Keogh. He's been a loyal and great servant for Derby, posts like this are frankly embarrassing.

jheeeez you and the rest need to chill out. Cant take a joke....nibble

3 minutes ago, tombomb said:

He's not. It's just the sheer glee expressed by some when it's anything negative about Keogh.

I've been a critic of his in the past - especially while captain - but he doesn't deserve some of the vitriol spewed out on here.

21 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

If this happens, I’ll eat one of them burgers they sell in the concourses. 

They had some fancy looking* ones last season I saw

*on the screens anyway, not sure what they looked like in reality

8 minutes ago, Andicis said:

You can always improve on Championship players, the point is many fans take delight in slagging him off and demanding him out. Keogh has had to put up with more poo than any of our players, and has dealt with it brilliantly, it irks me so much to see a fantastic pro like Keogh get the stick he doesn't deserve.

I agree with you but you were happily slagging off Hanson yesterday. 

17 minutes ago, Andicis said:

It's absolutely shameful how some of our fans treat Keogh. He's been a loyal and great servant for Derby, posts like this are frankly embarrassing.

Enjoy milking your likes on this, but some of us have long memories. Only yesterday l recall one poster giving  young Jamie Hanson (who has been with us 10 years) shameful treatment. Frankly embarrassing some would say.

2 hours ago, belperram9 said:

And through it all, he offers Scott protection, a lot of love and affection, whether he’s right or wrong. 

And when he heads the ball, wherever it may take me, I know that life won’t break me, when he scores a goal. He won’t forsake me.

I’m loving Engels instead.

needs signing on this chant alone. Absolutely amazing work

4 minutes ago, DerbyPride said:

Disclaimer: I don't know if this is a good source or not but his profile states he is an Olympiacos journalist (who studied at Debry Uni strangely) and the account does seem to focus on Olympiacos. So make what you want of this tweet.

Excellent. Signing a player and he's bringing cash.

Oh and I assume (don't have time to check) someone has already started making puns about this one right?

I can see a defensive partnership forming against the lone striker - Davies marx and Engels heads away the high balls...

Manifesto for defensive solidity that

Frank will have a class struggle to decide which CB pairing to play

*mumble* something something means of production *grumble mutter*

29 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Enjoy milking your likes on this, but some of us have long memories. Only yesterday l recall one poster giving  young Jamie Hanson (who has been with us 10 years) shameful treatment. Frankly embarrassing some would say.

Err  ...even Dory from Finding Nemo would be pulling him up on this one to be fair.

19 minutes ago, DerbyPride said:

Disclaimer: I don't know if this is a good source or not but his profile states he is an Olympiacos journalist (who studied at Debry Uni strangely) and the account does seem to focus on Olympiacos. So make what you want of this tweet.

Best get down to Eurochange Intu Derby and get it changed from Dollars then!

23 minutes ago, DerbyPride said:

Well at least he looks a happy chap.

I've missed decent foreign players to get excited by. Vyds didn't really count as we'd seen him at 2 or 3 English sides. Take me back to the days of Stimac, Eranio, Asanovic, Poom, Baiano, Idiakez and Wanchope. Heck, even Bisgaard and Junior.

Archived