It's Oatcake Day

Day

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, StaffsRam said:

Only bit that matters. ?

I haven't lived in Staffordshire for nearly 20 years now...along with Shropshire it seems like one of the counties no one really mentions.

No one really goes there on holiday, no one really knows many places there, few decent football teams. Maybe a different story before the West Midlands was created and you had some big industrial towns in there.

3 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

I haven't lived in Staffordshire for nearly 20 years now...along with Shropshire it seems like one of the counties no one really mentions.

No one really goes there on holiday, no one really knows many places there, few decent football teams. Maybe a different story before the West Midlands was created and you had some big industrial towns in there.

Staffordshire's only problem is Stoke. It's a fuuking shithole that gives the rest of the county a bad name. They've 'regenerated' a lot, especially around Hanley, but Stoke itself still looks like a promo for what ground zero might look like.

The Moorlands on the other hand, is still very nice, particularly on the edge of the Peak District. Shame we can't secede from the Potteries. 

I lived in the Potteries for six years, and oatcakes were a staple part of my diet. There is nothing to beat a cheese and tomato oatcake, except perhaps a cheese and onion oatcake.

Cold oatcakes also have a very sensual texture when applied to the skin?.

Funnily enough, I quite enjoyed living there, but I moved away in order to make a decent living when I got fed up of being permanently skint.

I lived in Newcastle-under-Lyme, which is the Playground of the Potteries, and for a short time in Burslem (a dump).

I went back a few years ago and was amazed by how much they had knocked down, especially around Shelton, Middleport and Cobridge (a real dump).

Shame that the place is so down at heel.

Archived