Fikayo Tomori - Signed on a season long loan

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, lushrams said:

I work with 2 die hard Celtic Fans and they have quashed this rumour in that they don't have 10 million to spend on any player, They are raging that they let McGinn slip through the net.

So are we

9 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

So are we

I don't think McGinn slipped through our net, really. That's only really the case when a team could get someone but choose not to pursue it. Likely we just couldn't match Villa's wage offer, so it was never really on the cards.

I don't think that excuse flies for Celtic.

Depends how much say he has in the matter and what Lampard’s relationship with him/Chelsea is.

Yeah, you can imagine Chelsea will want him playing PL football but if he’d rather come back for another stab with Derby they might not mind too much. We’ve probably just quadrupled the value of the two players they’ve sent to us this season, while we’re a championship side we’re not just any championship side.

Obviously we’d all love him back but I won’t be too gutted if he gets his shot in the PL instead. The thing about the loan system is there’s always another young talent you can pick up.

3 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

I don't think McGinn slipped through our net, really. That's only really the case when a team could get someone but choose not to pursue it. Likely we just couldn't match Villa's wage offer, so it was never really on the cards.

I don't think that excuse flies for Celtic.

The point I should have made (a bit clearer than I did) was if he'd gone to another club he wouldn't have scored yesterday.

1 minute ago, Wolfie20 said:

The point I should have made (a bit clearer than I did) was if he'd gone to another club he wouldn't have scored yesterday.

Oh I see ? my bad

Aye - well there's a chance if he went to Celtic, Villa wouldn't have gone on the run they did. He's been one of their key cogs. So we'd have ended up playing someone entirely different anyway. 

The what ifs of football.

If Chelsea are limited to loaning 8 out next season (sure I've heard that) you'd assume it would be the cream of their players getting top flight experience.

Tomori more likely to be sold with a buy back clause I assume. Only way we will get him is to sell Bogle to raise funds.

43 minutes ago, Rample said:

If Chelsea are limited to loaning 8 out next season (sure I've heard that) you'd assume it would be the cream of their players getting top flight experience.

Tomori more likely to be sold with a buy back clause I assume. Only way we will get him is to sell Bogle to raise funds.

Or buy him for £1 then resale him to Chelsea when they say so for £1 - there is always a workaround 

2 hours ago, Sparkle said:

Or buy him for £1 then resale him to Chelsea when they say so for £1 - there is always a workaround 

2 hours ago, Sparkle said:

I'll lend 'em a quid if they're strapped.

I think there is very little chance we’ll see Tomori in a rams shirt next season.

He was asked if he’d consider coming back, and whilst he said all the right platitudes, it will only be if he doesn’t get a better offer elsewhere.

With Celtic being rumoured and some Prem teams will have noticed his performances, he’ll go to them before us.

Our only chance is if none of the above and Chelsea aren’t interested.

It’s an interview that gets your hopes up but it isn’t really him saying anything meaningful that we know is going to happen or anything we wouldn’t expect really. All he’s really saying is given the option by Chelsea to come back here he would. Which is good news, but I’d hoped that would be the case cause he’s built himself as a cult figure here, way more than anywhere else he’s been. But his future is out of his hands in the main, it’s up to Chelsea and we’ll have to see what they decide. I still think they’ll want to sell him to raise funds, in which case we can’t afford him, or keep him with their transfer embargo. But if they do let him go out on loan, while it’ll more likely be the next level up now after a season at this level, there’s the slight chance of no one takes a risk on him cause he’s too young that he could return. 

So there is little chance, but there is a chance that Tomori could return imo. All down to Chelsea tho first off not him. It’s unlikely, but possible.

10 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

It’s an interview that gets your hopes up but it isn’t really him saying anything meaningful that we know is going to happen or anything we wouldn’t expect really. All he’s really saying is given the option by Chelsea to come back here he would. Which is good news, but I’d hoped that would be the case cause he’s built himself as a cult figure here, way more than anywhere else he’s been. But his future is out of his hands in the main, it’s up to Chelsea and we’ll have to see what they decide. I still think they’ll want to sell him to raise funds, in which case we can’t afford him, or keep him with their transfer embargo. But if they do let him go out on loan, while it’ll more likely be the next level up now after a season at this level, there’s the slight chance of no one takes a risk on him cause he’s too young that he could return. 

So there is little chance, but there is a chance that Tomori could return imo. All down to Chelsea tho first off not him. It’s unlikely, but possible.

I suspect that he would have very little say in the matter. 

10 hours ago, maydrakin said:

I think there is very little chance we’ll see Tomori in a rams shirt next season.

He was asked if he’d consider coming back, and whilst he said all the right platitudes, it will only be if he doesn’t get a better offer elsewhere.

With Celtic being rumoured and some Prem teams will have noticed his performances, he’ll go to them before us.

Our only chance is if none of the above and Chelsea aren’t interested.

No offence to Celtic who are a big club but they just have no opposition to play against and it’s a place you go when you want silverware or can’t get a job elsewhere that can test you, again no offence to Celtic football club but their league is just realistically naff 

20 hours ago, Fraser_23 said:

Some guy on the roadrider said it’s pretty much a done deal for 10 million at Celtic 

I love this time of year, rumours a plenty from any old source. 'Some guy on the roadrider'. Wouldn't be surprised if this ends up turning into a 'sky sports source' by the end of the week.

Archived