Brentford at home 22 September

richinspain

I’m on the other end of town so unless you’re in the West Stand you won’t see me. I’d get in early if you want food because it does get busy about 1 o’clock. I would like to recommend anywhere because I am quite fussy where I eat and I reckon somewhere that does a good chip butty before the game then have something decent later. The Alexandra is quite good too if you like trains.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks to everyone. We more or less took @uttoxram75's advice. Went quickly past Bubbles, although I didn't have to insist because they had seen the prices the night before, and into the Merry Widow. A great pub to start in where we met a few fans who had traveled up from Gloucester, and we took photos with the large flag they've got hanging up in there. From there into the Waterfall, where we met @rynny (great to meet you Steve ??). Didn't have anything to eat because it's a bit early for us, instead planned to get something outside the ground, but that went awry for reasons that are too long to explain just now. Passed from there to the Brunswick, but it was full to the rafters around the bar and went back to the Victoria (pity as I would have liked the chance to possibly meet more of you). Seeing as the lads had had quite a few by now, and it was much later than we had planned on getting to the ground we went straight in. As @Ghost of Clough has said, we couldn't have asked for a better game or atmosphere, especially that first half and such an impressive first minute! They are both now confirmed Rams, although admittedly as their second team. I doubt we'll be making it a regular excursion but as weekends go it's been very enjoyable. Tomorrow we'll be flying back to Spain where it's quite a bit warmer, but I at least will miss having to wrap up a bit. Thanks again to all that have given me advice, or just given me likes (yes, deep down I'm a like whore), and keep up the support that was given to the team today. It could have gotten nasty after that first minute but I thought the support was brilliant from the first (or better said second) minute until the last.

13 minutes ago, richinspain said:

Thanks to everyone. We more or less took @uttoxram75's advice. Went quickly past Bubbles, although I didn't have to insist because they had seen the prices the night before, and into the Merry Widow. A great pub to start in where we met a few fans who had traveled up from Gloucester, and we took photos with the large flag they've got hanging up in there. From there into the Waterfall, where we met @rynny (great to meet you Steve ??). Didn't have anything to eat because it's a bit early for us, instead planned to get something outside the ground, but that went awry for reasons that are too long to explain just now. Passed from there to the Brunswick, but it was full to the rafters around the bar and went back to the Victoria (pity as I would have liked the chance to possibly meet more of you). Seeing as the lads had had quite a few by now, and it was much later than we had planned on getting to the ground we went straight in. As @Ghost of Clough has said, we couldn't have asked for a better game or atmosphere, especially that first half and such an impressive first minute! They are both now confirmed Rams, although admittedly as their second team. I doubt we'll be making it a regular excursion but as weekends go it's been very enjoyable. Tomorrow we'll be flying back to Spain where it's quite a bit warmer, but I at least will miss having to wrap up a bit. Thanks again to all that have given me advice, or just given me likes (yes, deep down I'm a like whore), and keep up the support that was given to the team today. It could have gotten nasty after that first minute but I thought the support was brilliant from the first (or better said second) minute until the last.

Great stuff Rich. Was thinking about you guys at half time (relieved we’d turned it around for you / all of us!) and glad it was a top game and weekend.

hesta el Rams

33 minutes ago, richinspain said:

Was good to met you too Rich. Glad you got to see such a good performance. Safe travels back. 

34 minutes ago, richinspain said:

Glad you had a great day at the match and weekend in general Rich. A few beers, great goals, lovely football and a Rams win, the world always looks a better place after that!

You had a lucky escape in the Brunny, @Boycie and @Duracell were kicking off rumour has it.....I'm sure they'll come clean and tell us what happened when they've sobered up.

Safe journey and COYR?

1 hour ago, uttoxram75 said:

Glad you had a great day at the match and weekend in general Rich. A few beers, great goals, lovely football and a Rams win, the world always looks a better place after that!

You had a lucky escape in the Brunny, @Boycie and @Duracell were kicking off rumour has it.....I'm sure they'll come clean and tell us what happened when they've sobered up.

Safe journey and COYR?

When I'm in the Brunny pre-match, I do wonder if there are any other forum members in there, but I don't know what anyone else looks like. Have thought about posting on here from inside the pub in case anyone wanted to say hello. Guess I should just look out for the troublemakers (and avoid ?)! 

13 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

When I'm in the Brunny pre-match, I do wonder if there are any other forum members in there, but I don't know what anyone else looks like. Have thought about posting on here from inside the pub in case anyone wanted to say hello. Guess I should just look out for the troublemakers (and avoid ?)! 

Myself and Edward sometimes do the Brunswick pre-match @Carl Sagan...if ever you fancy a pre-match pint ...?

15 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

Safe journey and COYR?

Someone said Energiser batteries were the best and @Duracell just went full power mad at the battery banker.

I think he ended up in a cell, I think?

Archived