sorry but it’s a great weekend..

minesahartington

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

So you'd be happier if we were 7th and Leeds 8th?

Nope. But that's not what you said. I wouldn't be happy, after one game, to settle for them being top and us second at season's end. I want us to win the best trophy in football. Again. I'm not especially bothered who's above or below us, just where we are.

It's a view worth absolutely nothing, but my guess is that we will start slowly over the first 10 games. I wouldn't be surprised if we were mid table going into Christmas. I think we will do better in the second half of the season.  My reasoning is that we are making some considerable changes to the team and the squad and it remains to be seen how resilient we are over a number of games, how the new players fit in and how the team and squad adapts. Of considerable importance (to overall morale and therefore performance) is what happens to those many players not featuring at all.  Of course a run of good luck and good performances could make that view the nonsensical rubbish that it probably will turn out to be.

27 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Hilarious to see snake city fall apart, but can’t help but be concerned by leeds. They’re auto contenders imo with Bielsa in charge, we’re in for a serious match next Saturday, before a few signings have bedded in too...

They’ll blow hot and cold as per. Bring em on. 

Archived