Hidden TV Gems

Jimbo Ram

Was going through some of my old DVD's and came across the 2 tv series of 'Early Doors'. A superb comedy drama that initially aired late in the evening on BBC 2 and then had a late slot on BBC 1. Not well known, but brilliantly written. Set in a pub up north it had a great cast and was co-written by Craig Cash who also starred in it. Very much character-based, you had to get to know them, it had the ability like Only Fools did to make you laugh out loud one minute and bring a lump to your throat the next. Well worth a look if you haven't seen it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Early_Doors

What are your hidden tv gems?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Was going through some of my old DVD's and came across the 2 tv series of 'Early Doors'. A superb comedy drama that initially aired late in the evening on BBC 2 and then had a late slot on BBC 1. Not well known, but brilliantly written. Set in a pub up north it had a great cast and was co-written by Craig Cash who also starred in it. Very much character-based, you had to get to know them, it had the ability like Only Fools did to make you laugh out loud one minute and bring a lump to your throat the next. Well worth a look if you haven't seen it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Early_Doors

What are your hidden tv gems?

Early Doors was great. The landlord and police were great. 

I thought it was a bit of a spin off from the Royle Family.

The Piers Morgan on... series.

He did Piers Morgan on LA, Piers Morgan on Dubai, Piers Morgan on Monte Carlo etc, where he investigated the lifestyles of the rich and famous he so obviously wants to share.

I was so enthused I honestly emailed ITV to suggest the next show might be 'Piers Morgan on Fire', but I heard nothing back.

26 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

The Piers Morgan on... series.

He did Piers Morgan on LA, Piers Morgan on Dubai, Piers Morgan on Monte Carlo etc, where he investigated the lifestyles of the rich and famous he so obviously wants to share.

I was so enthused I honestly emailed ITV to suggest the next show might be 'Piers Morgan on Fire', but I heard nothing back.

Can't stand the guy and avoid watching anything he is on.....

Archived