v Leeds Utd (H) Match Thread

rynny

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Pub Breath said:

Appreciate this is the stock line that will be used by fans of other clubs up until the point - I hope - it's clear that we aren't going to buckle ?  duck knows but there's no such thing as a guarantee in football form, either in our favour or otherwise.

I will say that it would be quite a surprise if Cellino does boot Bielsa out at some point.  He'd have to buy the club back off Radrizzani first ?

shows how much i give a f$%k about leeds

I saw some of the game on TV. The lessons hadn't been learned from the Reading game. Ledley was again off the pace, Wilson is a headless chicken and we had the same problems trying to play out from the back. Clearly as Huddlestone, Nugent and Davis(among others) are already injured the recruitment of new blood was necessary. I just hope that Frank has time to integrate it. Given the lack of improvement from the Reading game I suspect Frank may be on borrowed time and may have to make way for a more experienced manager to make sense of what we have. Personally I think the recruitment has been sensible . Sticking with the same aged squad was asking for trouble and recruiting older players such as jerome was probably just a sticking plaster.

1 minute ago, Harrowram said:

I saw some of the game on TV. The lessons hadn't been learned from the Reading game. Ledley was again off the pace, Wilson is a headless chicken and we had the same problems trying to play out from the back. Clearly as Huddlestone, Nugent and Davis(among others) are already injured the recruitment of new blood was necessary. I just hope that Frank has time to integrate it. Given the lack of improvement from the Reading game I suspect Frank may be on borrowed time and may have to make way for a more experienced manager to make sense of what we have. Personally I think the recruitment has been sensible . Sticking with the same aged squad was asking for trouble and recruiting older players such as jerome was probably just a sticking plaster.

After two games Frank is on borrowed time? 

Post of the day, and not for any good reasons! 

8 minutes ago, angieram said:

After two games Frank is on borrowed time? 

Post of the day, and not for any good reasons! 

Derby were fortunate against Reading and poor against Leeds. Saying Frank is on borrowed time is an overreaction . However I see similarities now between the current situation and Nigel Clough a few years ago. All the pieces in the jigsaw are there but they don't quite fit together. Steve Mcclaren came along , made a few amendments and the team flew. I hope Frank can sort it  out. However the performance yesterday was poor and the first half against reading was dire.

14 hours ago, StockholmRam said:

The only Ram in a family of Leeds fans... thanks Derby. Sigh.?

Iv got a wedding next weekend with my mrs family, it’s literally going to be me and a room full of about 200 red dogs, could really do with them having a wobble before then

if not they’ll all be there in their full kits the wa”nk£s

well im glad this happened sooner rather than later. lets face it leeds is the wolves of last season.  defensively we were crap , running around like headless chickens . think max lowe needs to go out on loan now , hes nearly the finished product but not quite there yet. i think he will be awesome. wisdom is good for me for now , bring in the replacements now. need to get the defence sorted , so now is the time. frank needs time and space give it to him or we will always be championship side .

5 minutes ago, flamin said:

well im glad this happened sooner rather than later. lets face it leeds is the wolves of last season.  defensively we were crap , running around like headless chickens . think max lowe needs to go out on loan now , hes nearly the finished product but not quite there yet. i think he will be awesome. wisdom is good for me for now , bring in the replacements now. need to get the defence sorted , so now is the time. frank needs time and space give it to him or we will always be championship side .

I keep reading that everyone is blaming the defence. They had no protection from the midfield who were non existent. You could have parked 10 double decker buses in the space between our midfield and back four most of the time....we played in to their hands giving their forward players all the time and space to run in to the space at will. I am not saying the defence covered themselves in glory but it was the midfield battle we lost, they neither protected the back 4 or created anything for Waggers…..

2 hours ago, TimRam said:

At least we have Marriott to come into the team. We will, however, lose the "at least we have..." in a few players time.

Mate it’s the second game of the season. Talking like we’ve been trying lots of ideas and we’re starting to run out of them.

3 hours ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Had time to take stock. Yesterday they were just country miles better than us. They've not really got much of a different squad to last season. They've been coached to death by a manager who shouldn't be managing at this level. The guy is meticulous in his planning and we just couldn't deal with them at all. It reminded me of when we played Wolves at the start of last season. Only they looked better than Wolves. 

Our midfield was non existent. There was no structure to it. All of them were running around like headless chickens. We missed a calming influence on the ball. Not quite sure why Evans wasn't even on the bench. Huddlestone is key to this team. 

Wilson was pretty poor. Gave the ball away nearly everytime. Worrying thing for me with him is that he's completely one footed. So too easy to defend against. I'd like to see Jozefzoon get given a chance. 

I like Max Lowe. But he's nowhere near ready to be playing in this team. He's so nieve. Completely at fault for the first goal. Had a simple pass on which he didn't do. Gave the ball away. They break. Ledley has to go out to cover the winger running into the space vacated by Lowe. Meaning Klick had space in the middle. Lowe doesnt seem to know when to go forward and when to hold back and his defensive nievety will cost us. Can't see Lampard keeping him in the team much longer. There's a reason he didn't get in Shrewsbury's team last season. 

Ledley was poor. Couldn't deal with them at all. 

Probably get stick here as it seems if you say anything bad about Keogh then you need to have more respect for a guy that's been here 7 years etc. 

But he's a captain of a young back 4 and was outshone by a guy that has been here 3 weeks. Keogh was useless. Utterly useless. Positional sense, on the ball. Everything. I said it in pre season. He shouldn't be here anymore. We'll never get promoted with him at centre half. Never. 

For me that's not the team Lampard wants out there. The midfield performances surprise me. Something needs to happen there. Because the Reading game was similar. At times the opposition walked through it. I love Bryson and I'm glad he's back. But he needs to influence the game more other than just running around a lot. 

I think when everyone is fit. The team should be:-

Carson

Wisdom    Davies.     Tomori.     Malone

Huddlestone 

Bryson                           Mount

Jozefzoon.     Waghorn.    Lawrence 

Wouldn't be surprised to see a formation change either if the midfield carries on like that. 

Totally agree MWR, notwithstanding further new arrivals! 

I’m a harsh critic of Johnson but I thought he actually did something when he came on. Leeds supporting mates said he bullied Saiz. Shame defensive incompetence masked this. 

Still pretty poor on the ball but it’s the first time I’ve seen him be productive with his boisterousness.

Better option than Ledley for me atm, who doesn’t seem to understand whether he’s coming or going. Just sort of wondered over the half way line as if to say “am I doing it right boss? Is this playing on the front foot?”. Harsh to dismiss him as useless as some have, I think he just doesn’t understand what he’s being asked to do and what those around him are doing. Yet.

19 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Totally agree MWR, notwithstanding further new arrivals! 

Cheers mate.

I don't like to bash Keogh. I really don't. He's been a good servant and has given everything.

But for me he should have gone 2 seasons ago. He's just not good enough in any capacity anymore.

It was Adrian Durham who tweeted 2 or 3 seasons ago that Derby will not get promoted with Keogh and he's right.

3 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Cheers mate.

I don't like to bash Keogh. I really don't. He's been a good servant and has given everything.

But for me he should have gone 2 seasons ago. He's just not good enough in any capacity anymore.

It was Adrian Durham who tweeted 2 or 3 seasons ago that Derby will not get promoted with Keogh and he's right.

I think that another 3 loans will not go amiss. Goalkeeper, Midfielder, Centre Half. 

On 04/08/2018 at 18:19, Alpha said:

It will be an honour to share our home with one of the biggest clubs in the world. 

Some say they're not a big club anymore. That they play in a dump of a ground, that they fell off Man United's radar and landed on Millwall's. That the only title they've competed for in the last lifetime is the League 1 title. Some say they closed sections of their ground because their glory fans from all across the globe died of old age and the new breed of glory fan has only ever known Leeds to be one of the biggest clubs in Yorkshire. 

I disagree with all that and think that although they haven't been in the top flight since 2004 they are still as big as ever. I will never forget them winning the title in 1992. What a year. It seems like only yesterday that I was sat in my own high chair watching the likes of wotsit and thingymajig. Now I have 2 children of my own and as my 33rd Birthday approaches I just tingle with excitement that my club, Derby County, will mix with the like of Leeds United.

Marching on Together! Something something else. Good honest broadband from Yorkshire!! Leeds! Leeds!! LEEDS!!! 

Key player; Ronaldo Vei- 

Never mind.

Oh dear.

And for the record, Ronaldo Vieira was never a 'key player'.

15 hours ago, SouthStandDan said:

Craig Ramage banging on about Derby needing more energy from younger players because the team were not pretty on the eye and too slow. Today he's on about the inexperience costing Derby dearly. The negativity was uncalled for and ridiculous. Ranting and raving 2 GAMES IN.

Ramage doesn’t have the intelligence or insight to be a commentator.

I’d rather not have an “Expert opinion” if they offer no insight whatsoever and just resort to midless cliches. You can understand why so few players make good managers - the skillset is comletely different, and Ramage demonstrates that to a T. Having said that, he wasn’t as good a player as he remembers himself being either!

Considered thoughts after yesterday:

Tomori grew into the game and looked excellent by the end. 

Our midfield lacks a general. A ball winner. Doesn't need to be big necessarily but needs to cover masses of ground, make a tackle then give the ball to the footballers. 

Too often our midfield got caught on the ball, either a lack of awareness or taking one too many touches. That's not natural and will improve over time. 

Leadership is somehow missing. Without Davies there didn't seem to be any voice out there. Dragging the players through the difficult phases. Once Keogh was caught in possession and it was a basic lack of talking and leadership on the pitch. Has to be addressed. I'm surprised Ledley doesn't offer it but he clearly looked out of sorts again. Doesn't get the system or his role in it. 

Lots to work on and I suspect there will be some more personnel in. 

Mentioned elsewhere that I would love Andy King and Claudio Yacob. Would also like us to get Saville from Millwall before next week. 

Archived