v Leeds Utd (H) Match Thread

rynny

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

Tom Lawrence stats for those interested.

Dispossessed: 6 times (the most on the pitch)

Unsuccessful touches: 5 (the most on the pitch)

Pass completion rate: 66.7% (one of the worst on the pitch)

Take-ons: Zero

Tackles: Zero

Interceptions: Zero

Crap, crap, crap.

You seemed to have missed the stat of the only Derby goal scored.Remember 50% of all stats are inaccurate.

Chin up its only game 2

55 minutes ago, Edtheram said:

Lowe good hahahah he was at fault for 2 of the 4 goals. 

2nd goal he was waiting for the ball to hit his head and Roofe got infront of him like Bodvarsson last week and then the fourth goal came about from him losing his player and letting the ball get crossed in. Malone to start league games for me

Agree re Lowe, 

i want to see him do well, I really do but sorry today he was poor with and without the ball 

tomori equally so, won a few nice challenges yes but has dean Leacock concentration when the ball os played into the box 

totally utterly lost roof for the 2 goal and then got caught completely under the ball for the 4th when it’s travelled such a long distance is a total crime

7 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

What did Keogh do wrong? Was he at fault for any of the goals? They weren't really defensive errors just clinical finishing I thought. Midfield was a problem first half, as it was against reading. 

Read my post again ?

i was and always will be on keoghs side

I haven't read the rest of the thread, so apologies if its been covered previously. 

At 1- 1 it was anyone's game, however, as I said last week, Wisdom just backs off the winger for the 2nd goal and lets him pick a cross. He needs to close the ball down. 

Lowe doesn't seem to sense danger, but Im hoping a run of games will help. He needs to watch runners as the ball comes in from the other wing.

Leeds midfield played a blinder and made ours look clueless. Sometimes that happens. 

Waghorn will play better games. 

As long as we stay close to the top 6 by Christmas, then the 2nd half of the year will see us come on strong. 

As an aside, how older does Frank look after 2 weeks in the hot seat? 

A nice little trip for Frank and Jody to South Bermondsey next week. Im sure the locals will show their appreciation... ?

PistoldPete2
14 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I think that proves you were watching a different game. I really don't know how you can say we "bossed" the second half. Even if we had bossed it, we still didn't create 5 good goal scoring chances. If you're counting every time we created a slim opportunity in or around the penalty area then you'd have to say something like 5:10 to Leeds.

Leeds scored 4, missed another couple of very good chances and, if they'd needed to could probably have moved back up a gear when it was 4:1.

As much as it pains me to say it, I really don't think the result flattered Leeds.

As you say the midfield balance wasn't right and we paid the price especially when you add in some weak defending and 2 or 3 outstanding players for Leeds. However, as I say, I'm not slitting my wrist just yet. 

We were much the better team at the start of the second half, and the third goal was completely against the run of play. Leeds scored 4 from 7 on target, we got 1 from 4 on target, and we also had some narrow misses but I can't remember any narrow misses by leeds.  I didn't see leeds miss Any chances at all.. The only chance they didn't score from was a worldy of a save from Carson. Were you watching on Sky TV ... Always is a different game when the sky commentators are on the case. 

Leeds were the better team, but 2-1 would have been a more fair reflection. Quite how we lost 4-1 I will never know. 

Anyway we we shouldn't be losing games like that, and frank has much work to do. 

Why are people surprised at this? I knew we were going to lose from the start. Judging from the two teams opening games, Leeds looked organised, and all round brilliant against Stoke, whereas we were poor against Reading and sneaked a win through a moment of brilliance completely against the run of play. But hopefully this loss should kick us into gear and we’ll start playing well again.

1 hour ago, Edtheram said:

Lowe good hahahah he was at fault for 2 of the 4 goals. 

2nd goal he was waiting for the ball to hit his head and Roofe got infront of him like Bodvarsson last week and then the fourth goal came about from him losing his player and letting the ball get crossed in. Malone to start league games for me

I think you can add the first goal too. He ran into trouble and lost the ball very easily and Leeds broke away and scored. He had plenty of options to pass the ball too.

I think on reflection, Leeds were very good. Whether they maintain that is another question.

Weve got a slow build on pot hands. The vast majority of things I can forgive, it’s hard to get past the teething problems and tonight was always going to be a struggle.

Where I struggle to forgive is the thought that when teams ‘rough us up’ then we fold like a pack of cards. I’m not going to go into ‘this player blah blah blah’ or anything, but collectively we were anything but ruthless. And it’s that ruthlessness that gets you outs of this division. Leeds controlled the tempo, the ref and picked us off clincally. This is a long term thing to, players need to realise that you need to earn the right to play sometimes and get stuck in. Grinding it out, so to speak.

PistoldPete2
8 minutes ago, Ruda Harliss said:

Read my post again ?

i was and always will be on keoghs side

Yes so I was reiterating what you were saying... And asking the Keogh haters what did he do wrong? 

Some random thoughts with the help of beer, pizza and perspective:

Tomori looks like a star. However, I think  it was a mistake to play him ahead of Pearce today. There was clearly no understanding between the two CBs and that contributed to our shambolic defending early doors.

Max Lowe is arguably among our most technically gifted players. It’s such a shame he didn’t get much game time at Shrewsbury. He needs to learn to defend. At the moment he is perfectly suited to pre season friendlies, which is not what we need.

Playing Mount and Wilson in the same team isn’t ok at the moment. They are both kids, albeit very talented ones, and we will get overrun by strong sides while we are still gelling. By October / November, when we are top 4 and bossing games, it will be fine again.

Waghorn will be great. I’m not worried about him at all.

Ledley isn’t right for the holding role. Huddlestone will be better but is he mobile enough for this system? It’s crying out for an April 2014-model George Thorne.

Finally - Leeds look like a decent side. Took their chances. But I hate them as much as I always have. One specific example: whenever Derby got a free kick, their players ran to the ball and stood directly in front of it. Every time. They must have been coached to do it. It stinks. Hate it. Hope we do them in the playoff final. 44 games to go - it’s quite possible.

PistoldPete2
15 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Agree re Lowe, 

i want to see him do well, I really do but sorry today he was poor with and without the ball 

tomori equally so, won a few nice challenges yes but has dean Leacock concentration when the ball os played into the box 

totally utterly lost roof for the 2 goal and then got caught completely under the ball for the 4th when it’s travelled such a long distance is a total crime

I thought tomori looked like he could be a decent full back, he's got pace and can tackle. Not good enough in the air to be a CB. 

PistoldPete2
9 minutes ago, Gritters said:

I think you can add the first goal too. He ran into trouble and lost the ball very easily and Leeds broke away and scored. He had plenty of options to pass the ball too.

Yes that was the one mistake I really noticed. I don't think Lowe is really ready yet needs to go on loan maybe. 

2 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

We were much the better team at the start of the second half, and the third goal was completely against the run of play. Leeds scored 4 from 7 on target, we got 1 from 4 on target, and we also had some narrow misses but I can't remember any narrow misses by leeds.  I didn't see leeds miss Any chances at all.. The only chance they didn't score from was a worldy of a save from Carson. Were you watching on Sky TV ... Always is a different game when the sky commentators are on the case. 

Leeds were the better team, but 2-1 would have been a more fair reflection. Quite how we lost 4-1 I will never know. 

Anyway we we shouldn't be losing games like that, and frank has much work to do. 

I was there in the stadium. 

As you say, there was the worldly by Carson and also the one on one with Carson where, whoever it was, fluffed his lines completely. Did the Leeds keeper have to make any saves of note? I can't remember any.

I just think Leeds eased off at 4:1 and could have upped the tempo again if they'd needed to. I don't think we can have any complaints about the score line.

I'm confident that after half a dozen games we won't be seeing too many performance and results like that due to 1) some personnel changes, 2) the team gelling together better and 3) not having to play teams as good as Leeds at the top of their game every week.

We have no fluidity in passing or possession. None. 

If we’re going to play 4-3-3 then we need to be accurate in our passing. Have an almost hive mind in the way we bring each other into the game. There’s no sign of any of that yet.

Ledley is not a DM. He was too slow and ineffective. But Frank could see that and made the right change.

With Davies in the side I still think we would’ve lost. Although I liked the look of Tomori - Classy and probably our best player.

Too early to blame Frank or anyone else. Leeds are good. We are in very early days.

The biggest test is to see what we do against Oldham on Tuesday (change the playing staff, give some new players a change to prove themselves.)

And then how we bounce back against Milwall. If there’s no sign of any improvement by game 9....we’ve got ourselves another Pearson.

Archived