v Leeds Utd (H) Match Thread

rynny

1 minute ago, CHCDerby said:

Waste away on the bench???? We are one game in pal and you want to change the whole f-kin squad. 

Chill out a bit and play with some lego.

3  changes is hardly the whole effing  squad is it?,  and if we dont give jozefoon any league starts for the first few weeks he wont be match sharp when he does get a game, and he will end up like camara . It concerns me that people are saying we have to play Wilson because he will expect a lot of game time and Liverpool may fine us, because that mean unless we drop Lawrence which I wouldn't  jozefoon is only going to play against the likes of Oldham.  For wingers and strikers its nice to see some rotation to keep players fresh ,and jozefoon was on the bench vs wolves and did more in his sub appearance than Wilson did all match , then Wilson played very poorly vs reading and jozefoon didn't play a minute, we won so it was the right choice but id like to see him start a game.

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, VydraRAM 99 said:

3  changes is hardly the whole effing  squad is it?,  and if we dont give jozefoon any league starts for the first few weeks he wont be match sharp when he does get a game, and he will end up like camara . It concerns me that people are saying we have to play Wilson because he will expect a lot of game time and Liverpool may fine us, because that mean unless we drop Lawrence which I wouldn't  jozefoon is only going to play against the likes of Oldham.  For wingers and strikers its nice to see some rotation to keep players fresh ,and jozefoon was on the bench vs wolves and did more in his sub appearance than Wilson did all match , then Wilson played very poorly vs reading and jozefoon didn't play a minute, we won so it was the right choice but id like to see him start a game.

I  don't agree at all that Josefzoon did more against Wolves than Wilson. 

And your views on Keogh are pretty extreme too.

Do you actually watch the football or just take an instant like or dislike to players and then get the hatchet out? 

4 hours ago, VydraRAM 99 said:

`Leeds is not really the match to give your 17 year old right back a first championship start,  you dont know if he could handle the pressure or not and if he solid enough, Oldham in the cup is a chance to give him a start.

I just think Keogh may need a kick up the ass again, look at least year when Pearce came in for those matches and Keogh came back a different player completely. 

6 minutes ago, VydraRAM 99 said:

Pickup the English dictionary and go to the the letter 'C' - then find contradiction and let me know what it means. 

Why do people hammer Keogh incessantly ,he had a poor game so did half a dozen others but its always him that we should get rid of.

totally useless,always got a mistake in him etc.

He can play his role well and has proved it year in year out,we,re one game in lets just lay off him for a bit shall we.

49 minutes ago, CHCDerby said:

Pickup the English dictionary and go to the the letter 'C' - then find contradiction and let me know what it means. 

I said it turned out to be the right choice not to bring jozefoon on that's not a contradiction, playing from the start and off the bench are different things.

51 minutes ago, Wrightdcfc said:

I just think Keogh may need a kick up the ass again, look at least year when Pearce came in for those matches and Keogh came back a different player completely. 

I agree, but bogle wasn't solid vs Macclesfield so I wouldn't trust him to play vs leeds, pearce is  solid player but id keep Keogh in against Leeds and if he plays in a similar way take him out the team for pearce then.

Surprised at the unanimity on here over bringing Bennett in for Nugent. Yes it was great Bennett made the impact he did, but Nugent has shown himself to be Lampard's line-leader to start games preseason, with the philosophy being to have an experienced spine of Carfson, Davies and Keogh, Ledley and then Nugent. I'd expect the same starting 11 again against the dirties.

Marriott and Vydra will be closer to fitness though, and what options that gives us! Bench will be very interesting.

Leeds look really sharp. Playing some good football and just scored their second. Really bad goalkeeping though from Butland. Stoke are giving away the ball quite easily with a few defensive mistakes and hoof ball. Typical Rowett football. Next Saturdays game against the dirtys will be a tough one for sure! Definitely need to be on our A game.

hi all

Anyone else watching the Dirties?

Anyone else torn between (a) glad that the Snake is losing and (b) OMG the Dirties are playing very well, we're going to have to be much much better than we were on Friday to get anything against them?

I do hope FL is watching them and has a plan...

LR2

This is gonna be a really really tough game imo. With Bielsa in charge, think this is without doubt our hardest game of the opening  set of matches, and probably one of the hardest games we’ll play as home all season. Cannot be making mistakes as we did against reading or we’ll be tonked. Need to be up for this first minute till last.

Archived