v Leeds Utd (H) Match Thread

rynny

I think if we play like we did against Reading against Leeds we could be in for a reality check  and a seriously difficult match. With Bielsa loving to play a high pressure style of football if Keogh and our midfield our so sloppy on the ball we will concede a lot of chances to leeds and if we concede early panic may set in.  I' m hoping we make some changes to the starting line up, such as  Ledley , Nugent and Wilson out with Bennet /marriot ,jozefoon to help us play more fast and direct and huddlestone in to help beat their pressing with clever passes.  If we mix it up a bit and play fast and direct and take the game to them , I reckon we can create plenty of chances as leeds will leave gaps with high pressing and having 3 at the back. As long as we play fast and aggressively and dont make any sloppy mistakes at the back we should win, but an unchanged team with the same style of play wouldn't fill me with confidence.

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, VydraRAM 99 said:

I think if we play like we did against Reading against Leeds we could be in for a reality check  and a seriously difficult match. With Bielsa loving to play a high pressure style of football if Keogh and our midfield our so sloppy on the ball we will concede a lot of chances to leeds and if we concede early panic may set in.  I' m hoping we make some changes to the starting line up, such as  Ledley , Nugent and Wilson out with Bennet /marriot ,jozefoon to help us play more fast and direct and huddlestone in to help beat their pressing with clever passes.  If we mix it up a bit and play fast and direct and take the game to them , I reckon we can create plenty of chances as leeds will leave gaps with high pressing and having 3 at the back. As long as we play fast and aggressively and dont make any sloppy mistakes at the back we should win, but an unchanged team with the same style of play wouldn't fill me with confidence.

Making that many changes sends the wrong message. 

13 hours ago, Alpha said:

It will be an honour to share our home with one of the biggest clubs in the world. 

Some say they're not a big club anymore. That they play in a dump of a ground, that they fell off Man United's radar and landed on Millwall's. That the only title they've competed for in the last lifetime is the League 1 title. Some say they closed sections of their ground because their glory fans from all across the globe died of old age and the new breed of glory fan has only ever known Leeds to be one of the biggest clubs in Yorkshire. 

I disagree with all that and think that although they haven't been in the top flight since 2004 they are still as big as ever. I will never forget them winning the title in 1992. What a year. It seems like only yesterday that I was sat in my own high chair watching the likes of wotsit and thingymajig. Now I have 2 children of my own and as my 33rd Birthday approaches I just tingle with excitement that my club, Derby County, will mix with the like of Leeds United.

Marching on Together! Something something else. Good honest broadband from Yorkshire!! Leeds! Leeds!! LEEDS!!! 

Key player; Ronaldo Vei- 

Never mind.

Sitting in your high chair at 6 ??‍♂️??‍♂️??

I hope you’ve grown out of that now @Alpha ????

Back to topic, I expect a much improved Leeds this year, its a big club with big support and I cannot wait to see what miracles their new much hyped manager brings to the game.

we need to step up our game here, I wonder if two extra days rest will help.

I always like it when we beat the dirty  B*****rs  COYRs 

Carson

Wisdom Davies Keogh Lowe

Mount Ledley Bryson

Wilson Bennett Lawrence

Think Bennett deserves a chance over Nugent, not sure what i would do if Marriott was fit. Could also potentially see Lawrence starting down the middle with Jozefzoon out wide. 

9 minutes ago, RamsFan10 said:

Carson

Wisdom Davies Keogh Lowe

Mount Ledley Bryson

Wilson Bennett Lawrence

Think Bennett deserves a chance over Nugent, not sure what i would do if Marriott was fit. Could also potentially see Lawrence starting down the middle with Jozefzoon out wide. 

I'd put Bennett in for Wilson and keep Nugent

Carson, Wisdom, Keogh, Davies, Lowe, Ledley, Evans, Mount, Jozefzoon, Bennett, Lawrence 

Play like we did against Reading in the first half and Leeds will win the game by half time. This game we need to be more direct to bypass Leeds’ high energy football. That’s why we need Bennett and Jozefzoon to play to provide the pace and the ability to run in behind because there will be a lot of space behind Leeds’ defence.

Evans in for Bryson to provide more of a solid foundation and to provide more protection to Keogh and Davies. Controversial opinion but whilst Bryson has lots of energy, he never uses it on the pitch to give us a clear advantage in the midfield like say a Kante or Henderson does.

Just now, Wrightdcfc said:

We can only dream of this happening. Going on Friday nights antics 

`Leeds is not really the match to give your 17 year old right back a first championship start,  you dont know if he could handle the pressure or not and if he solid enough, Oldham in the cup is a chance to give him a start.

2 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Think it is a bit harsh dropping Wilson after 1 game. The only change for me would be Bennett for Nugent......

It would be harsh to drop him, but it would be harsh on jozefoon to keep him on the bench when he is used to be a key player at Brentford and now he is sitting on the bench behind  a player who doesn't put any good crosses in and if he doesn't score he also barely contributes.  I  really hope jozefoon isn't Camara mark 2 because we dont give him a proper chance.

2 minutes ago, VydraRAM 99 said:

It would be harsh to drop him, but it would be harsh on jozefoon to keep him on the bench when he is used to be a key player at Brentford and now he is sitting on the bench behind  a player who doesn't put any good crosses in and if he doesn't score he also barely contributes.  I  really hope jozefoon isn't Camara mark 2 because we dont give him a proper chance.

If Wilson doesn't perform v the Dirties bring Joze on and see what he can do....

3 hours ago, McLovin said:

Carson, Wisdom, Keogh, Davies, Lowe, Ledley, Evans, Mount, Jozefzoon, Bennett, Lawrence 

Play like we did against Reading in the first half and Leeds will win the game by half time. This game we need to be more direct to bypass Leeds’ high energy football. That’s why we need Bennett and Jozefzoon to play to provide the pace and the ability to run in behind because there will be a lot of space behind Leeds’ defence.

Evans in for Bryson to provide more of a solid foundation and to provide more protection to Keogh and Davies. Controversial opinion but whilst Bryson has lots of energy, he never uses it on the pitch to give us a clear advantage in the midfield like say a Kante or Henderson does.

The only person I would consider for a swap is Ledley, Wilson is good and Bryson was excellent on Friday

15 minutes ago, CHCDerby said:

Give the players time to gel together.

I suppose you’d want Vydra to come straight in 

no , but marriot should come in once hes fit enough and why would sign jozefoon to waste away on the bench when he has a lot of quality? We already have the likes of Thomas and bennet as good sub options so to sign jozefoon for him to sit on the bench would be a waste of money.

14 minutes ago, VydraRAM 99 said:

no , but marriot should come in once hes fit enough and why would sign jozefoon to waste away on the bench when he has a lot of quality? We already have the likes of Thomas and bennet as good sub options so to sign jozefoon for him to sit on the bench would be a waste of money.

Waste away on the bench???? We are one game in pal and you want to change the whole f-kin squad. 

Chill out a bit and play with some lego.

Archived