v Leeds Utd (H) Match Thread

rynny

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, ram93 said:

im not, miles ahead of anyone else who played for us today. 

Sorry You are.

mount was invisble today, looked like a deer in the headlights, bypassed, outrun, loose in possession.. outclassed by better technical players

ledley was equally dyer, Bryson at least competed and won some ball he had no right to through sheer desire.

hoestly mate, Mount was none existent as an entity today 

53 minutes ago, EraniosSocks said:

I’m not focusing on one player. But Richard Keogh please leave this club as soon as possible how many times you got caught out just messing about then trying to run back conceding pointless fouls and his distrubution is absolutely terrible.

max Lowe didn’t look comfterble at all. Centre midfield was just meh. Who actually tried to get the ball and play with it? 

2nd game of the season but, no team should be losing 4-1 at home. 

Reads like a keogh bashing. Richard Keogh was not the reason we lost 4-1

looked like a fledgling side, learnt a lesson by a well drilled championship side.

lets not get ahead of ourselves here!! Frank has brought in 9 players !!! Most didn’t play. Remember last seasons start?    And where we were at Christmas?

43 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

I was quiet about him because I didn't want to take the gloss off of the win. I felt it would have been inappropriate.

But he is bloody crap. What makes it worse is his attitude. He struts around like he's some sort of demi-god. If he was a hard worker and you could see him trying his hardest to play in his teammates I could probably just accept the fact he's crap and leave it at that.

But the guy is so frustrating, and so greedy with the ball. He plays only for himself, and he's a hindrance for the team.

I'd sell him in a heartbeat for anything remotely near to what we paid for him.

Jesus you’d hate to see what the Leeds fans and Bielsa think of Lawrence, Bris. 

He spoke of Lawrence’s quality and their fans agreed saying they’d love to see him in a Bielsa team. 

I dunno though, you probably know more than the bloke who inspired the apple of your eye, Pep... 

45 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

No I won't give it a rest, not when others believe he should be immune from any crticism because he scored a spawny free-kick. I'd rather have Weimann over him. At least Weimann would work hard at getting back while also offering zero quality in the final third.

You can’t claim you’d rather have Weimann in one breathe and then masturb8 over technically gifted players in the over. Pick your stall and stand by it. 

With lawrence we have 3 points and 3 goals, without we have 1 point and 1 goal. 

13 minutes ago, Woodley Ram said:

Just got back to my hotel. Thoughts 

Leeds very good, they played things simply and as a team, they did everything as a team. When they had a chance they took it . Their support was excellent ( yet I still hate Leeds)

we played a lot better than last week, we had our moments, however they all think that are Frank or even Messi. 

Football is a simple game, you have to earn the right to play, we didn’t , you have to do the simple things, we didn’t . 

The big differences for me is two things:

leeds played as a team and they did everything simply.

we tried little flicks , Pele type passes and flicks , whilst Leeds stuck to their game plan, pass and move , pass and move.

the players 

thought Low had a good game, Keogh tried too hard , tried to force the game and came a cropper . Waghorn tried but had little support, Lawrence was excellent but we cannot reply on him all the time . Wilson was invisible, Mount had an off day, Bryso looked injured. Ledley tried flicks and it didn’t work, BJ was far better. The new guy who played central half, very nervous at the start but he then grew into the game and looked really good. Bennett tried hard. 

So in conclusion, Leeds were very good, we were better than at Reading, we need to earn the right to play and then play simply, pass and move. We need to take our chances because we created them.

we will improve and I still believe that we will be in and around the play offs 

sorry forgot Carson , he is Ronseal excellent 

Lowe good hahahah he was at fault for 2 of the 4 goals. 

2nd goal he was waiting for the ball to hit his head and Roofe got infront of him like Bodvarsson last week and then the fourth goal came about from him losing his player and letting the ball get crossed in. Malone to start league games for me

PistoldPete2
30 minutes ago, WAGHORNY RAM99 said:

The good thing about  him is he's versatile , maybe we could play him on the left wing with Marriott upfront as hes got a great cross on him.

I saw one good cross... He did Nothing else right. was surprised not to see Marriott today .. If you don't bring on a striker when 4-1 down when do you? 

The whole thing seems very much work in progress , but despite the scoreline today I thought we played a lot better than we did against reading. 

Just now, IlsonDerby said:

You can’t claim you’d rather have Weimann in one breathe and then masturb8 over technically gifted players in the over. Pick your stall and stand by it. 

With lawrence we have 3 points and 3 goals, without we have 1 point and 1 goal. 

How can you think like that? I could easily say without Lawrence we’d have 6 points because he’s the main culprit of our attacks breaking down.

would love a player like thier #14 he was outstanding. 

Im sure we’ll see changes to the team going forward, we need time to get it right. I’m sure we will. 

While I don’t think we were as bad as the score line suggests, today we’ve just got to hold our hands up and say we were beaten by the better side. 

I thought that, particularly in the first half, there were some positives going forward from a Derby point of view. It’s nice to see us actually play attacking football after what seems like such a long time of having to watch negative football. Also, I thought the performance of Tomori was very positive, he really does look quality and I wouldn’t be surprised to see him and Davies become our regular centre back partnership over the course of the season.

On the other hand, I felt that a massive issue for us today was that we gave the ball away far too easily. This caused us all sorts of problems. Far too many times our midfield just gave the ball away and left our defence exposed. As much as I hate to say it I simply don’t think Ledley or Johnson are good enough sitting in front of the defence on their own. The sooner we get Huddlestone back the better, and in the meantime perhaps we should give Evans a shot? Can’t do any worse than Ledley or Johnson. 

I also thought Lowe had a pretty poor game, which is a shame as I really like him and want to see him succeed. I can see Malone coming in to the side and displacing him, although I can still see Lowe getting a fair amount of game time over the season. 

Now time to give Leeds the credit they deserve. They were set up exceptionally well to play against us and controlled the game for large parts, especially in the second half. Not going to go in to too much detail about their performance because I don’t really care about them to be quite frank, but I will say it was very reminiscent of that Wolves performance against us last season (Wouldn’t quite say they were as good as Wolves though). As good as they were on the day there were definite weaknesses in their side and on another day we’d have put a few past them. Don’t think they will go up automatically but their fans can get carried away once again if they want.

People have got to remember that not only do we have a new manager who himself is new to management, but also a lot of new players who will need time to settle in. I’ve got every faith that we will be in and around the playoff places by the end of the season, and we’ll see where we go from there.

1 minute ago, Bris Vegas said:

How can you think like that? I could easily say without Lawrence we’d have 6 points because he’s the main culprit of our attacks breaking down.

My god you talk some lunacy. I don’t even think you believe what you’re saying you’re just provoking a reaction and shame on me it’s working. 

Only one willing to try and move through the lines. Our problems are with Lampards fluid midfield not working in practice. Far less wasteful than Wilson too yet I wouldn’t criticise Wilson at this stage either. 

We have not been good enough collectively but there are at least 4/5 individuals that should be criticised before we even get down to Lawrence. 

8 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I was referring to you including Clarke, Shackleton and Edmondson in your “14 players) 

Funny how that turned out.  I wasn't expecting any of the three to feature in this game necessarily but Shackleton ended up coming on.  Looked really tidy too.

All i took from the second game of the season is the team needs time to gel.

Tamouri and Davies could be a wonderful partnership, Mount looks tidy we just need to feed him the ball around the box quicker. Please start Josefzoon he looks dangerous!

Leeds will buckle in the end like they always do....lets see after a couple bad result how quickly Cellino boots Bielsa out the door

5 minutes ago, Edtheram said:

Lowe good hahahah he was at fault for 2 of the 4 goals. 

2nd goal he was waiting for the ball to hit his head and Roofe got infront of him like Bodvarsson last week and then the fourth goal came about from him losing his player and letting the ball get crossed in. Malone to start league games for me

People moan about Fozzy but like it or not he’s a much better defender than Lowe,let’s hope Davies is back soon as that back four looked a mess.

Archived