v Leeds Utd (H) Match Thread

rynny

49 minutes ago, TroyDyer said:

If Lampard doesn't see what Keogh is, he will last longer because of his profile, but ultimately will go the same way as all the other managers.

As much as it pains me, you’re right. You just have to see all the posts on the Leeds forum before the game about how dreadful they thought Keogh is and how they’d target and expose him, they were proved right. 

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Leeds are everything I wish we were. Bielsa's done a great job there.

As for us, even as a Keogh fan, he was an absolute shambles today.

Max Lowe isn't a defender. He loses every single back post header and has awful positioning. Malone needed for the next game.

Lawrence is far too greedy, he never offloads the ball quick enough, if he had we'd have had much more opportunities.

Mount is pushed too high, and his finishing was woeful.

On the bright side, I thought Waghorn looked bright, although he was clearly getting frustrated at the end, and rightly so.

This! 100%

22 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Wisdom was poor.

Ledley was poor.

Lowe was poor.

Keogh was poor.

Bryson was poor.

Waghorn was poor - although he fed off scraps so he can be forgiven more than others.

Carson was good as usual, Mount, Tomori and Wilson some promising moments with the odd wrong decisions you'd expect from a young player on loan. Johnson played the role better than Ledley.

In a 1-4 defeat, you're going to have the opportunity to criticise multiple players. I just fail to understand why you decide to highlight one player to take a pop at. You called Lawrence crap in the summer. You called him crap during the Reading game, but you were surprisingly quiet about him at the end of the game.

I thought mount and Wilson looked exactly what they are, boys against men today 

Wilson has done little to impress me and mount along with Ledley and Bryson just got bossed today by a better set of players who had a clear strategy.

bryson got nailed in a few times and won challenges he had no right to but he was fighting a losing battle

im not sure what the fanfare is about the new boy at the back.

tomori or whatever his name is

id like to see it again but from where I was it seemed to me he got caught under the ball and in no mans land on goals 2 and 4.

certainly no substitute for Davies, I’m no keogh hater but I’m starting to question him, wisdom agree was poor ... again, needs a rocket up his ass in everything he does quite frankly 

today hurt, a lot 

but let’s face it, it’s another new manager with a new set of ideas and a new style, days like this are going to happen plain and simple unfortunately 

Very disappointed to lose. And so heavily. 

Don't remember all the " Leeds are going to do a wolves and play the division off the park " comments preseason either but I may have nodded off.

We've got issues. We're a new team full of players unfamiliar with each other. Was hoping the understanding would build very quickly but might take a bit longer. 

I haven't seen the 3rd goal but the others were all excellent. Although on the 4th I thought we played ourselves into trouble quite naively. 

We'll improve as a team but personnel in some positions need to be moved on.

Good test for Frank. COYR.

my prediction  of a defeat went up to 1-3 before the game, so not far of the mark.  Lampard is an inexperienced manager who needs to learn to have a solid base before you can attack. Never liked 4-3-3  formation. Two centre midfield players are always required. 

4 minutes ago, McLovin said:

As much as it pains me, you’re right. You just have to see all the posts on the Leeds forum before the game about how dreadful they thought Keogh is and how they’d target and expose him, they were proved right. 

Been saying it for years. And getting a fair bit of stick for it. 

That said, with my ex wife, I had people from the start saying I you're having a laugh. I didn't want to hear it. But eventually, after all the misplaced loyalty has eroded, you're left with the horrible realisation that you're a bit of a mug, and everyone is laughing at you. 

Every manager worth his salt would attack keogh. 

16 minutes ago, Edtheram said:

Some humble pie for some on here. I said last week and before the Reading game that Ledley and Mr "Bring the youth through" Lowe were ticking time bombs. We've conceded 5 goals in 2 games Lowe has been involved in 4 of them. Ledley will be dropped - Lowe will bench warm as Malone will come in thank god - Keogh will make way for Tamori who had a good game. Bryson was too small and out muscled every time he went to challenge. I'm hopeful that Frank will learn from this and pick players by how good they are not pre season 

Bully for you

22 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Ledley is a problem. In fact the holding midfield position in general is a problem. It's key to the formation and I am not sure anyone in the squad is at the level we need.

Completely agree with this. The reason we look so disjointed is because our holding midfielders are w***. Hopefully Huddlestone will offer better distribution but Johnson and Ledley were both completely exposed by pace and neither are effective on the ball, which is crucial if we want to build attacks quickly. 

Only positive was that Tomori seemed to grow into the game.

Wisdom and Keogh looked like liabilities, and I am usually fans of them both.

11 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Yes very much work in progress. What worried me most was how crap waghorn played. Didn't win a single header ,did  nothing else right either.

I know its too early to say I told you so, but fat Vydra will be another 5 million spunked up the wall. Never has been and never will be good enough I’m afraid 

I thought for the first hour it was a great game. Two teams going for it hammer and tongues.

we won't see a better team than Leeds all season. They were even better than wolves and fulham. They worked incredibly hard and eventually ran us into the ground. At 3-1 it became men v boys in midfield.

It makes me sick to say it, but Leeds are back big time.

Two important moments. Mason mounts miss at 2-1 just after half time. And then the third goal killed us. 

We kept going until the death but the fourth made me wince a bit. 

Max is getting caught out at times and needs to learn quickly. The game was just too fast for Ledley.

Mount and wilson faded to nothing but tomori, waghorn and josefzoon did well for the most part.

this game just came too soon for us.

I know its early in the season, however both games i have noticed how open we are in the centre of midfield when the opposition break, hopefully lampard will rectify this asap- otherwise teams will pick us off.

Only pluses for me today were the youngsters, thought Tomari had a decent debut and would like to see him n Davies together, Mount out best player again, and lowe was steady.

4 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Hopefully because his hold up play was poor today...and we really needed to retain that ball for a bit 

wasnt exactly given quality service into him was he?

majority were launched from Carson’s boot after we passed it around at the back, got pressed , ran out of options and gave it back to Carson to finally launch.

oh ... and he had big Liam cooper up his ass 

when the ball was played into him with any basic level of quality I thought he did ok 

Just got back to my hotel. Thoughts 

Leeds very good, they played things simply and as a team, they did everything as a team. When they had a chance they took it . Their support was excellent ( yet I still hate Leeds)

we played a lot better than last week, we had our moments, however they all think that are Frank or even Messi. 

Football is a simple game, you have to earn the right to play, we didn’t , you have to do the simple things, we didn’t . 

The big differences for me is two things:

leeds played as a team and they did everything simply.

we tried little flicks , Pele type passes and flicks , whilst Leeds stuck to their game plan, pass and move , pass and move.

the players 

thought Low had a good game, Keogh tried too hard , tried to force the game and came a cropper . Waghorn tried but had little support, Lawrence was excellent but we cannot reply on him all the time . Wilson was invisible, Mount had an off day, Bryso looked injured. Ledley tried flicks and it didn’t work, BJ was far better. The new guy who played central half, very nervous at the start but he then grew into the game and looked really good. Bennett tried hard. 

So in conclusion, Leeds were very good, we were better than at Reading, we need to earn the right to play and then play simply, pass and move. We need to take our chances because we created them.

we will improve and I still believe that we will be in and around the play offs 

sorry forgot Carson , he is Ronseal excellent 

2 minutes ago, ram93 said:

I know its early in the season, however both games i have noticed how open we are in the centre of midfield when the opposition break, hopefully lampard will rectify this asap- otherwise teams will pick us off.

Only pluses for me today we the youngsters, thought Tomari had a decent debut and would like to see him n Davies together, Mount out best player again, and lowe was steady.

Mount our best player ? Wtf lmao

are u on crack ? 

Tomori will be a good addition. Keogh needs to up his game. 

Dunno whether it’s lack of ability from Ledley or whether it’s Frank’s tactics but none of the midfielders know where they’re meant to be. 

Liked Waghorn; thought he held the ball up well with limited poor service into him. 

Different game if Mount finishes that sitter and their striker doesn’t whallop one in with his weaker foot after wriggling through on goal. 

To highlight the key problem in the 2 games I just keep going back to the lack of understanding with the midfield 3. How long do we wait for them to figure it out before we have to give them set roles? Shouldn’t be that difficult to know when to drop and when to probe. When to hold and when to cover the space. Especially with 2 of them being in their 30s. 

Leeds were good. Created chances and had the skill to bury them. Our defending for the 3rd and 4th genuinely gave me AIDS though. 

Archived