rynny

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Goals: 1

Goals this season: 2

Derby players with more goals: None

Nobody was brilliant tonight. You fire these stats at us but with the most important stats, he's had a pretty good start to the season. Try not to shoot him down and make a scapegoat of him when he wasn't even the worst player on the pitch.

I don't recall seeing any comments regarding his finish tonight, or the header last week. If you're only going to post when things aren't so rosie, why bother?

Exactly, if those stats show up after a 4 - 1 win then yeah, shoot him down, but what sort of stats do people expect from that game? I bet they didnt stand out amongst any of the other 5 offensive players?

There's definately a team in there. Im not worried.

Based on what I’ve seen and the players we have in the squad, I’d like to see this sort of team

Carson

Bogle   Tomori     Davies  Malone

Evans      Huddlestone 

Jozefzoon       Mount         Bennett

Marriott

Gives us extra technical ability in midfield with Evans and Huddlestone and allows Mount to play advanced. Bogle gives us a better balance on the right offensively than Wisdom. 

Bennett and Jozefzoon may not be as talented as Lawrence and Wilson but I bet they’d be a heck of a lot more effective. Waghorn looks like a dud(although this may be harsh as he hasn’t been here long) so I’d give Marriott a go.

PistoldPete2
15 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Not sure what game you were watching but Derby didn't have nearly enough decent chance to score 5. 

Reckon 2:5 would have been a fairer reflection.

Having said that, I'm not slashing my wrists. It's going to take time to get the balance and performances right, there are more new players to come in and we came across an outstanding Leeds team.

I was watching the game where Derby bossed the second half... Only to concede to the first leeds attack of the second half and after that we were chasing the game. Could easily have gone the other way oif mount and co had finished as clinically as the leeds forwards . 

There re is no way that 4-1 or 5-2 would have been a fair reflection, but certainly a lesson for lampard.. The midfield balance wasn't right at the start . Without huddle stone we have to have a plan b , and we did t seem to have one today or against reading.

4 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

At least Weimann would work hard at getting back while also offering zero quality in the final third

That says everything I need to know. Yes Weimann ran a lot but didn't actually do anything at either end of the pitch. Lawrence was no where near our worst player on the pitch today. There were easily 4 or 5 that performed worse than him. 

I agree  we cant play 433 with the players we have,  we  need to change to a more defensively organized formation like the team you've suggested.

2 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Based on what I’ve seen and the players we have in the squad, I’d like to see this sort of team

Carson

Bogle   Tomori     Davies  Malone

Evans      Huddlestone 

Jozefzoon       Mount         Bennett

Marriott

Gives us extra technical ability in midfield with Evans and Huddlestone and allows Mount to play advanced. Bogle gives us a better balance on the right offensively than Wisdom. 

Bennett and Jozefzoon may not be as talented as Lawrence and Wilson but I bet they’d be a heck of a lot more effective. Waghorn looks like a dud(although this may be harsh as he hasn’t been here long) so I’d give Marriott a go.

Well that was crap! As well as the Dirties

played that just exposed how disjointed we were. Our midfield was anonymous and what concerns me is Frank didn’t react with any tactical changes.

Lawrence is bobbins but he’s scored two in two so that’s him playing for the foreseeable.

Make changes for Tuesday and that will give Frank options for Millwall.

Some humble pie for some on here. I said last week and before the Reading game that Ledley and Mr "Bring the youth through" Lowe were ticking time bombs. We've conceded 5 goals in 2 games Lowe has been involved in 4 of them. Ledley will be dropped - Lowe will bench warm as Malone will come in thank god - Keogh will make way for Tamori who had a good game. Bryson was too small and out muscled every time he went to challenge. I'm hopeful that Frank will learn from this and pick players by how good they are not pre season 

As per Rampage, if you saw the Leeds/Stoke game that probably wasn't a shock, they were great

then, and hate to say - today as well. At least it's glaringly obvious what we need to improve on.

Leeds are going to hammer 95% of the opposition this season, if they can sustain the intensity/effort.

PistoldPete2
1 minute ago, Seth's left foot said:

Well that was crap! As well as the Dirties

played that just exposed how disjointed we were. Our midfield was anonymous and what concerns me is Frank didn’t react with any tactical changes.

Lawrence is bobbins but he’s scored two in two so that’s him playing for the foreseeable.

Make changes for Tuesday and that will give Frank options for Millwall.

Yes very much work in progress. What worried me most was how crap waghorn played. Didn't win a single header ,did  nothing else right either.

Just now, PistoldPete2 said:

Yes very much work in progress. What worried me most was how crap waghorn played. Didn't win a single header ,did  nothing else right either.

The good thing about  him is he's versatile , maybe we could play him on the left wing with Marriott upfront as hes got a great cross on him.

Archived