v Leeds Utd (H) Match Thread

rynny

5 minutes ago, Jayram said:

Regardless of how good Leeds are we should not be losing like that at home. It sets the tone and brings the whole place down. Let’s hope Frank has a plan B because that was absolutely pitiful.

Kinda how I feel.

Watched the fans forum this morning and thought it was quality. A real feel good factor. 12 hours later we've been shafted in our own back yard. Loads of talk and not any substance, like not even close to any. Pretty similar to every fans forum I've watched, lots of good chat and giggling but the actual football doesn't do the talking.

He doesn't need a plan B mind, he just needs to sort his plan A. Time will tell, in which I hope he gets plenty. I just hope we don't have to take many more spankings in the process. 

Long season ahead with learning curves for all involved. Maybe we're asking for a bit too much too early but with the incomings and money spent it's hard not to be optimistic so a slap in the chops is always going to be disappointing when it comes two games in.

One to forget and not to over-analyse. Thankfully we don't have to wait too long to try and put it right. 

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

He was the worst player on the pitch though, especially on the ball.

Wisdom was also utter crap. The guy only managed 62% off his passes. I only ever say him pass it successfully back to Carson. Every other pass was a gift to the opposition. And he takes an age to react, on and off the ball, too.

He's another who is crap, at RB.

Wisdom was poor.

Ledley was poor.

Lowe was poor.

Keogh was poor.

Bryson was poor.

Waghorn was poor - although he fed off scraps so he can be forgiven more than others.

Carson was good as usual, Mount, Tomori and Wilson some promising moments with the odd wrong decisions you'd expect from a young player on loan. Johnson played the role better than Ledley.

In a 1-4 defeat, you're going to have the opportunity to criticise multiple players. I just fail to understand why you decide to highlight one player to take a pop at. You called Lawrence crap in the summer. You called him crap during the Reading game, but you were surprisingly quiet about him at the end of the game.

Pretty poor result. Watched the majority of the game on Sky then had to pick up the takeaway. Leeds were on another level to us today. Going forward they were brilliant. They're in with a shout of the top two playing like that. Impressive.

Keogh was woeful. Lawrence didn't do much minus that superb free kick. Can go through the whole team but then what good is that. The second game of the season, I'm not fussed about the result. This is a team being changed in terms of personnel and style of football. These things will take some time to gel. Combinations in key positions are brand new, you can't expect miracles overnight. My biggest gripe of the day isn't to do with the team. It's with our local radio station and our "supporters".

Listened to the last ten mins in the car, and I thought today was the last game of the season with us needing to beat Leeds to avoid relegation. Craig Ramage banging on about Derby needing more energy from younger players because the team were not pretty on the eye and too slow. Today he's on about the inexperience costing Derby dearly. The negativity was uncalled for and ridiculous. Ranting and raving 2 GAMES IN. No wonder we have so many cynical fans. I can't stand it. This isn't time to start blasting Frank's ideas into tiny pieces. Give the man a chance to shine! We had a poor game today but at least we're trying to attack and play some decent football. I'll support any manager who wants to attempt to play football because it's why I watch the game in the first place.  Not hoofball rubbish that I expect from Sunday league players. Wasn't this what the majority of the fans wanted? To play better football and a new youthful side with energy and enthusiasm? This is what the manager is trying to do!

And then you've got these morons calling up Radio Derby throwing a strop and leaving at 4-1. These lads have fantastic potential. Stop bashing the players, stop moaning about young lads who need experiences like today to improve themselves. Get behind them and stop all this negative unnecessary crap already! I hate most of our fans, I really do. Take things into consideration before you start ranting and moaning like children.

18 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Tom Lawrence stats for those interested.

Dispossessed: 6 times (the most on the pitch)

Unsuccessful touches: 5 (the most on the pitch)

Pass completion rate: 66.7% (one of the worst on the pitch)

Take-ons: Zero

Tackles: Zero

Interceptions: Zero

Crap, crap, crap.

Will you give it a bloody rest. It is getting beyond boring now Bris. We get it, you don't like Lawrence. 

Oh dear

That was pretty bad.

Disorganised,lack lustre and panicky throughout.

And waghorn....well,he was just dreadful,I can't believe we have actually paid for him,he's half the player of Martin....any chance of sending him back under the amazon 14 day return period?

tomori however......an absolute star and prevented us losing by five or six..what a player.Bryson was tireless in his passion and work rate too.

A big learning experience here for lampard,which is one of the only positives tonight and I'm confident that lampard will quickly learn from it and improve us quickly.

Let's see where we are in five games.

Just now, Kernow said:

Wisdom was poor.

Ledley was poor.

Lowe was poor.

Keogh was poor.

Bryson was poor.

Waghorn was poor - although he fed off scraps so he can be forgiven more than others.

Carson was good as usual, Mount, Tomori and Wilson some promising moments with the odd wrong decisions you'd expect from a young player on loan. Johnson played the role better than Ledley.

In a 1-4 defeat, you're going to have the opportunity to criticise multiple players. I just fail to understand why you decide to highlight one player to take a pop at. You called Lawrence crap in the summer. You called him crap during the Reading game, but you were surprisingly quiet about him at the end of the game.

I was quiet about him because I didn't want to take the gloss off of the win. I felt it would have been inappropriate.

But he is bloody crap. What makes it worse is his attitude. He struts around like he's some sort of demi-god. If he was a hard worker and you could see him trying his hardest to play in his teammates I could probably just accept the fact he's crap and leave it at that.

But the guy is so frustrating, and so greedy with the ball. He plays only for himself, and he's a hindrance for the team.

I'd sell him in a heartbeat for anything remotely near to what we paid for him.

7 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Right, so the fact he has wasted endless opportunities, keeps getting us turned around, passes people into trouble and dodges every tackle is completely ok because the only stat that matters is goals?

He’s been rubbish. He was rubbish for 93 mins last week and 94 mins this week. If you think that has no negative contribution to the result because he scored then I couldn’t disagree more. He’s not entirely at fault of course. Lowe was poor, Wisdom was poor again, Keogh again and Bryson pretty pointless. 

If you can’t recall comments on his finish last week then you can go back into the match thread v Reading. They are there. Because he was poor last week. 

dribbledribbledribbledribbledribbledribble

I didn't say he wasn't poor tonight and I didn't say he isn't wasteful. I was taking issue more with the fact that he's being highlighted by Bris for blame, when there were so many more poor players on the pitch that are worth a mention if we're going to criticise players.

It seems to happen a lot, certain people will pinpoint certain players as a scapegoat and will only ever comment on that player when they do something wrong - e.g. Keogh. Lawrence is frustrating but he also has the ability to produce quality moments. Without him we'd be on 1 point and probably wouldn't have scored tonight. If he wasn't wasteful he wouldn't be in this side or this league.

But he's a confidence player, when he's low on confidence he may as well not be on the pitch. Having nothing better to say than "crap, crap, crap" though isn't exactly constructive criticism which is going to help players when things aren't going their way.

Derby fans have to decide what they want. Do we want a "win at all costs, no project think of this season only" rowett style of football? Or do we want a long term 2-4 year project of continuous improvement, with playing entertaining football and bringing in youth?

2 minutes ago, Andicis said:

As for us, even as a Keogh fan, he was an absolute shambles today.

Yep same feeling here. It concerns me that whenever he's on the ball or tracking/challenging a man I'm nervous and it shouldn't be like that. It's worrying that Davies is likely to miss a few weeks, Evans and Huddlestone didn't even make today's squad so presumably are injured and Wisdom, Keogh and Ledley look so off it. It seems silly to want even more signings after we've made 9 already and haven't had many outs yet, but I wouldn't mind another centre back coming in if they're an improvement on Keogh 

3 minutes ago, DcFc Dyycheee said:

Going to have a lot more 4-1 defeats if we don't sort our off the ball work out. Seriously woeful. There is no structure defensively and with the ball. 

There is a lot to work on, that is for sure. 

Davies is vital

1 minute ago, Cam the Ram said:

Yep same feeling here. It concerns me that whenever he's on the ball or tracking/challenging a man I'm nervous and it shouldn't be like that. It's worrying that Davies is likely to miss a few weeks, Evans and Huddlestone didn't even make today's squad so presumably are injured and Wisdom, Keogh and Ledley look so off it. It seems silly to want even more signings after we've made 9 already and haven't had many outs yet, but I wouldn't mind another centre back coming in if they're an improvement on Keogh 

Last season Keogh was great, but the first two games this year he has looked miles off the pace. As much as it pains me to say it, Tomori has to start over Keogh when Davies is fit again.

3 minutes ago, rynny said:

Will you give it a bloody rest. It is getting beyond boring now Bris. We get it, you don't like Lawrence. 

No I won't give it a rest, not when others believe he should be immune from any crticism because he scored a spawny free-kick. I'd rather have Weimann over him. At least Weimann would work hard at getting back while also offering zero quality in the final third.

We aren’t in a position to play 4-3-3 as much as I’d love to play it. Bryson is too reckless in the midfield with his running which leaves lots of gaps. Leeds saw him as one of the weaknesses and played around easily, same with Ledley.  I’d be in favour of it if we had another player comfortable player likes a Hughes but we haven’t got sort of player.    

Just now, Bris Vegas said:

I was quiet about him because I didn't want to take the gloss off of the win. I felt it would have been inappropriate.

But he is bloody crap. What makes it worse is his attitude. He struts around like he's some sort of demi-god. If he was a hard worker and you could see him trying his hardest to play in his teammates I could probably just accept the fact he's crap and leave it at that.

But the guy is so frustrating, and so greedy with the ball. He plays only for himself, and he's a hindrance for the team.

I'd sell him in a heartbeat for anything remotely near to what we paid for him.

You don't rate him, I understand and appreciate that. It's fine, it's your opinion of him as a player. But there has to be some balance between criticising and praising players. If you're happy to criticise every aspect of him when he doesn't play well, at least comment when he does produce match winning moments. It's why posters have become notoriously linked with players like Keogh and Martin, because they'll only ever comment on negative aspects and ignore everything else.

He is frustrating, I accept that. But he can produce things others can't. If we wanted to sell him I don't think we'd have any problem at all getting our £5mil back that we paid.

They were outstanding but I can't help thinking we played in to their hands a bit. We needed more of a presence in midfield. We never got a grip of that from the first kick. We were leaving massive spaces inviting their midfielders to run in to. It could have been 6. I think Frank will come to realise we ain't Chelski. Very early days so not going to get too down in the dumps.....

Archived