v Leeds Utd (H) Match Thread

rynny

1 minute ago, Millenniumram said:

He’s not a winger, he’s not crap, he’s a number 10. We’ll never see the best of him where he is at the moment.

He’d still be a greedy and selfish tackle dodging Ronaldo wannabe. I felt like I might be won over by him in pre season but now the season has started.... nah. A goal here and there doesn’t make up for all the opportunities we build as a team and he wastes because his stupid head is stuck to his chest again.

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Kernow said:

Goals: 1

Goals this season: 2

Derby players with more goals: None

Nobody was brilliant tonight. You fire these stats at us but with the most important stats, he's had a pretty good start to the season. Try not to shoot him down and make a scapegoat of him when he wasn't even the worst player on the pitch.

I don't recall seeing any comments regarding his finish tonight, or the header last week. If you're only going to post when things aren't so rosie, why bother?

He was the worst player on the pitch though, especially on the ball.

Wisdom was also utter crap. The guy only managed 62% off his passes. I only ever say him pass it successfully back to Carson. Every other pass was a gift to the opposition. And he takes an age to react, on and off the ball, too.

He's another who is crap, at RB.

The only positive is that our deficiencies have been brutally exposed before the loan window shuts. We're still a couple of players short.

Depends on what the real aim is for this season. If it's not promotion, just better football than last year then fair enough. We might do that. I doubt we'll play many sides as good as Leeds this season so the defence will rarely as tested and exposed as they were today. That being said, if the aim IS promotion, then we need to have a look at loaning a few more players, because today's defence, coupled with today's defensive midfield, aren't good enough for the better sides in the division.

Very disappointing, but not the end of the world. I'm off to get smashed now. Night all. ?

3 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Tom Lawrence stats for those interested.

Dispossessed: 6 times (the most on the pitch)

Unsuccessful touches: 5 (the most on the pitch)

Pass completion rate: 66.7% (one of the worst on the pitch)

Take-ons: Zero

Tackles: Zero

Interceptions: Zero

Crap, crap, crap.

But he did score the goal! He clearly has potential and obviously Frank sees something in it. Leeds are an excellent team and Derby had several opportunities but failed to capitalize on them. We are a work in progress and will improve. Let's not criticize these youngsters. Keep the faith.

Just now, Dappled Ram said:

But he did score the goal! He clearly has potential and obviously Frank sees something in it. Leeds are an excellent team and Derby had several opportunities but failed to capitalize on them. We are a work in progress and will improve. Let's not criticize these youngsters. Keep the faith.

He scored a spawny freekick that the GK should have saved. That doesn't make up for a truely woeful display.

Just now, PistoldPete2 said:

Bizarre game. Could have been 5-5 draw. Leeds very clinical finishing Derby not t.

Don't talk poo, we were played off the park. 

Championship hasn't had such a style before. It's great to watch, but not today for us. 

2 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Goals: 1

Goals this season: 2

Derby players with more goals: None

Nobody was brilliant tonight. You fire these stats at us but with the most important stats, he's had a pretty good start to the season. Try not to shoot him down and make a scapegoat of him when he wasn't even the worst player on the pitch.

I don't recall seeing any comments regarding his finish tonight, or the header last week. If you're only going to post when things aren't so rosie, why bother?

Right, so the fact he has wasted endless opportunities, keeps getting us turned around, passes people into trouble and dodges every tackle is completely ok because the only stat that matters is goals?

He’s been rubbish. He was rubbish for 93 mins last week and 94 mins this week. If you think that has no negative contribution to the result because he scored then I couldn’t disagree more. He’s not entirely at fault of course. Lowe was poor, Wisdom was poor again, Keogh again and Bryson pretty pointless. 

If you can’t recall comments on his finish last week then you can go back into the match thread v Reading. They are there. Because he was poor last week. 

dribbledribbledribbledribbledribbledribble

3 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Bizarre game. Could have been 5-5 draw. Leeds very clinical finishing Derby not t.

Not sure what game you were watching but Derby didn't have nearly enough decent chance to score 5. 

Reckon 2:5 would have been a fairer reflection.

Having said that, I'm not slashing my wrists. It's going to take time to get the balance and performances right, there are more new players to come in and we came across an outstanding Leeds team.

Controversial opinion but too many fan favourites likes Wisdom, Keogh and Bryson are no longer good enough I’m afraid. ESPECIALLY Bryson who was chasing shadows again. Meanwhile,  Imagine being Scott CArson, you’ve got no chance with that defence in front of you no matter how many great saves you pull off.

Wilson and Lawrence can’t play in the same team. It’s either one then Jozefzoon on the other side, said it before and today makes it more clear to me. Waghorn looks like a dud, but he can say that he didn’t train much so that’s his excuse.

Ledley was awful again but he’s got an excuse with his injury. Huddlestone’s composure was really missing today.

I didn’t expect us to get into the top 6 before this season to be honest, last year should have been the rebuilding the season but this year appears to be that requirement.

Just now, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

You can tell he’s absolutely worked those Leeds players to death. Everyone knew their roles

If they can sustain that for a season is another matter

They're going to be a force at Elland Road.

On the road, they may struggle against solid, defensive teams who can bully them. They look quite small in stature, so a team who can work set-pieces against them may find some luck.

I'd back a Karanka side to nullify them. Boro would too at the Riverside.

But most Championship stadiums are great now with fabulous playing surfaces. It certainly helps teams that like to get the ball down and move it. Also helps when playing against tactically naive teams who are so open.

Leeds are everything I wish we were. Bielsa's done a great job there.

As for us, even as a Keogh fan, he was an absolute shambles today.

Max Lowe isn't a defender. He loses every single back post header and has awful positioning. Malone needed for the next game.

Lawrence is far too greedy, he never offloads the ball quick enough, if he had we'd have had much more opportunities.

Mount is pushed too high, and his finishing was woeful.

On the bright side, I thought Waghorn looked bright, although he was clearly getting frustrated at the end, and rightly so.

Archived