Mac at QPR

Hathersage Ram

Half expected him to get sacked last night which sounds daft with the season just starting.

With a new chairman it’s possible he wanted his own man, put his stamp on the club.

Can they afford to get rid though? I know they got away with just a slapped wrist on FFP, but they don’t appear to be rolling in the money and who would they tempt into the job with the loan window almost closed and a squad which looks pretty doomed.

The man that probably would have was given the boot to get McClaren in.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/aug/21/qpr-bristol-city-championship-match-report

Some corkers in that one.

Sporting that familiar half-dazed expression, the beleaguered McClaren used his post-match remarks to reinforce the need for signings – whether on a free transfer or on loan

And

McClaren was asked for his response to the home fans who joined in with Bristol City chants of “You’re getting sacked in the morning,” whether out of gallows humour or otherwise. “That’s society now, it’s an instant reaction,” he said. “It’s not a good start [to the season]. Am I pleased? No. Am I angry? Yes. Disappointed? Yes. Am I determined to put this right? Yes.”

42 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

duck em. Their club is a cheating bunch of bankers. They don't deserve Steve. I hope they plummet like a stone. The *****.

The definition of cheaters never prosper. They got 1 season in the premise league for all their over spending. One season of being the league whipping boys, instant relegation, lower championship since, and now destined for the 1st division. 

They can thank Zamora for all of that. 

4 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

The definition of cheaters never prosper. They got 1 season in the premise league for all their over spending. One season of being the league whipping boys, instant relegation, lower championship since, and now destined for the 1st division. 

They can thank Zamora for all of that. 

And good ducking riddance

My opinion on QPR softened slightly outside Wembley when so many of them came to admit that they "didn't deserve it".

Loads wished us luck for the season and a few said that in the long run Derby would benefit because of the hungry team we had and the short term mercenaries they had. Although I don't think they quite meant it like this. 

Yeah, that Fernandes and whatever Italian bloke it was caught slagging off Warnock. And whoever treated Blackstock like pooh. All those knob heads I'd love to see buried in League 1 or 2. Are they all there though? 

If not then there's no Barton and Co to hate either. 

Now Stoke fans, Brum fans etc... urgh!

21 hours ago, Rample said:

Saw this and had to do a bit of digging: "QPR fans attending this home match with Fulham were treated to the most farcical debut since Bob Malcolm when Samba Diakite took to the field"

In summary: "Anyone remember Bob Malcom's famous debut? That has got to be the worst and most humorous debut ive ever seen! A completely unfit, clown of a player! I think he was subbed after about 20 minutes as far as I rememeber. Had no pace whatsoever, and was overtook by a player about 10 meters behind him, couldnt win a header, he was shocking!"   

But in fairness to Bob, he was probably piissed and half asleep.

Archived