Burton Albion Watch 18/19

David

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Boycie said:

I thought you were from up that neck of the woods @ronnieronalde?

Soft spot for em?

I am but have no soft spot for the team 

First time I went to a Sunderland game my brother got his head kicked in for being dark skinned.

We got in for free for the last twenty minutes against Gillingham in the play off  semis when they opened the gates to let people out, it went to extra time and finished  about twleve eleven, so shouldn't complain really.

Well my son is officially a brewer. In that I’ve just signed him up to a Burton Albion soccer school at his nursery for the next 6 weeks. He’s 3. I’m quite excited by it though, maybe he’ll get a kit. 

I’ll always raise him a derby fan, don’t worry, but I’ve got a soft spot for burton, and I won’t mind if he does too. Only 10 mins down the road from us, so maybe I could take him to a game or two when he’s old enough. 

57 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

Well my son is officially a brewer. In that I’ve just signed him up to a Burton Albion soccer school at his nursery for the next 6 weeks. He’s 3. I’m quite excited by it though, maybe he’ll get a kit. 

I’ll always raise him a derby fan, don’t worry, but I’ve got a soft spot for burton, and I won’t mind if he does too. Only 10 mins down the road from us, so maybe I could take him to a game or two when he’s old enough. 

...Nigel Clough said "regarding the 3 year old on the bench oday, I think just me saying it's totally unfair that all the other managers have bigger budgets than me"

3 hours ago, TigerTedd said:

You are Nigel Clough and I claim my £64!?

@ronnieronalde, I'm just catching up on this thread today. Are there some potentially serious money issues then? Where are they coming from? I know they get next to nothing in gate revenue, but I can't imagine that they're paying particularly high wages, plus they've obviously boosted income somewhat by playing in the Championship for two years. I always thought that Robinson was being a bit of a tight bar steward with the Irvine money, but you seem to be suggesting that his hands are tied? Would be interested to know what's going on.

Just now, HantsRam said:

Has there been any update - hopefully confirmation that everyone is OK? 

One of the stewards had a heart attack.

In hospital recovering.

Happened in front of the Burton players as they were warming up minutes before kick off so some of the players were distressed and not in the right frame of mind to play the match.

5 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

And some of us have a soft spot for burton. Others are weird and have a soft spot for Grimsby. We don’t hold it against them. 

And some of us don’t, don’t hold it against us. Anyone would think I posted that on a Burton forum.

Archived