Burton Albion Watch 18/19

Day

6 hours ago, Will the Ram said:

Good great result for them tonight, especially as their young substitute goalkeeper saved a last minute penalty.

Ftfy

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brayford off injured, Bywayer off injured, Quinn off at half time.

Three subs used in the first half.

Rhys Hutchinson (18) at left back.

Harry Campbell - hadn't played a minute of first team football in goal.

Ben fox (19) in central midfield.

Marcus Harness on as sub.

Lucas Akins filling it at right back.

3600 fans of which close to 2000 were villa.

Mcdafzean sent off, Buxton, brayford, McCrory and Bywater injured.

We're now down to two fit defenders and one of those is the 18 year old left back who has played two games.

An unreal and much needed win. Deserved and could have won by more.

If there is a football god well draw Man utd, Liverpool or Everton away god knows this time around we need the money more than that famous fa cup draw.

23 hours ago, Zag zig said:

The Derby/Burton connection has gone now with Rowett. Unless the Brewers become an almost “feeder” type club, doubt there is any reason to do favours.

The days of almost little brother rivalry and pitching up pre season for the Bass Vase look to have also gone, soon as Burton elevated to the same league that changed.

Odd games I went to, used to make me laugh, the kid running the club shop was selling tickets; even 2 years ago in the championship! They were so out of their depth in infrastructure it was unreal. That they got and stayed there was some feat, but totally unsustainable, to anyone who paid them a visit, with modicum of knowledge how other teams in the sane league operate.

Given rumblings coming out, keeping them in Div 1 will almost be as big a challenge.

Nothing sane about the Championship - it's a madhouse 

1 hour ago, ronnieronalde said:

I watched the game and am keen to find out what you mean by cheating?

Some people are born snide, others achieve snidyness etc Ronnie.

2 minutes ago, ronnieronalde said:

I usually come on here for informed and balanced Burton updates. 

How did they get on today?

No comments or links to dodgy Twitter posts or radio interviews where Nige has destroyed some poor young buggers life.

I'm assuming their game was called off?

Burton got a mention in the DCFC match thread. Basically Derby & Burton win, Forest and Snake City lose. The comment was "If Carlsberg made Saturdays".

Incidentally, my comment on Carlsberg is "If they are so good and can achieve so much in other areas, how come they are so crap at brewing beer?"

3 minutes ago, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

Awful attendance at the Pirelli today, 2814!

I think Wimbledon brought at least six as well.

Really disappointing but to be fair we were sitting in the bottom four

Home form and way of playing has been pretty good but we probably  need to be challenging top 6 to get over 3,000

Only 1400 brewers showed up for the Villa cup game, talk about disappointing.

A few years back a cup tie at home to Villa would have been close to a 7k sell out.

A lot of fans have chucked the towel on way too early, they'll start crawling back soon.

Three great goals today. A makeshift and patched up defence with Lucas Akins at centre half, Ben fox at right back an on loan keeper and am 18 year old left back.

Wimbledon had chances, we rode our luck but the goals were quality.

@CWC1983 both Fraser and Templeton were brilliant.

Dave is looking fitter every week and oh my god the lad has some real skills.

He has the ability to pass the ball into the net anywhere from 20 yards out. His two goals have both been classy curlers in off the post.

I love him already, the fat barrel chested little bugger is going to be just as important as Boyce.

8 hours ago, ronnieronalde said:

I usually come on here for informed and balanced Burton updates. 

How did they get on today?

No comments or links to dodgy Twitter posts or radio interviews where Nige has destroyed some poor young buggers life.

I'm assuming their game was called off?

Well with you saying you weren’t going to comment anymore after the last game we all kept away.

welcome back!

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

Good result today @ronnieronalde

Wasn't just the result. We were brilliant and it could have been four or five easily. I missed the game but have mates who are connected Sunderland fans so got the full game to watch this morning.

Some of the play was very pleasing on the eye as well. We've suddenly got threats left right and centre.

Stephen Quinn has been a brilliant signing, he's holding and knitting everything together and the two Scottish lads are very creative and forward thinking.

We'll cause a lot of teams problems and won't lose many at the Pirelli playing like that.

Should have beaten Accrington last week a couple of points more and suddenly we're a point outside of the top six after a poor start.

Squad size is still a concern but if we can keep the first fifteen fit we should now start to see us climb up the league as they learn each others style of play.

I think the first eleven, which we probably still haven't seen is plenty good enough for a play off push.

Some of the link up play between Boyce, Templeton and Fraser really is great to watch.

Just over 4500 went to watch it, hopefully a few of them will come back next home league game.

Archived