Burton Albion Watch 18/19

David

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, richinspain said:

You wouldn't fancy him at Burton then if Nigel goes? Serious question. You think he's a banker, but would it be a case of "but he's our banker" a la when a player you despise but is an excellent footballer is signed by your club?

I'll stop watching football when Nigel gets the sack or leaves, which will happen eventually, it's the only certain thing in football, managers leave one way or another.

I'll always carry a huge soft spot in my heart for Burton, they are the club I've spent more time following, I've seen more Burton games than any other club including Forest where I got my football upbringing.

I wouldn't wish Karl Robinson on anyone, not Burton, not Derby no-one.

I think I'm a pretty good judge of character especially football wise. I watch and listen closely to what is said, how it's said and when it's said. I also listen to the things that aren't said. (It is possible!!)

He'll be scratching around for a club within three years, he'll achieve nowt with Oxford despite signing players like Jamie Hanson for £375,000 and giving him a four year deal in league one.

He's another manager who is great at wasting someone else's money then moving on.

We might have to wait a season or two for me to be proven right but I'm used to that.

From a distance it all looks to have gone a bit stale at burton.

time for nigel to step aside probably. Let someone else have a go.

Sith Happens
11 minutes ago, ronnieronalde said:

I'll stop watching football when Nigel gets the sack or leaves, which will happen eventually, it's the only certain thing in football, managers leave one way or another.

I'll always carry a huge soft spot in my heart for Burton, they are the club I've spent more time following, I've seen more Burton games than any other club including Forest where I got my football upbringing.

I wouldn't wish Karl Robinson on anyone, not Burton, not Derby no-one.

I think I'm a pretty good judge of character especially football wise. I watch and listen closely to what is said, how it's said and when it's said. I also listen to the things that aren't said. (It is possible!!)

He'll be scratching around for a club within three years, he'll achieve nowt with Oxford despite signing players like Jamie Hanson for £375,000 and giving him a four year deal in league one.

He's another manager who is great at wasting someone else's money then moving on.

We might have to wait a season or two for me to be proven right but I'm used to that.

Do you think it will be cloughs last job?

The problem with him getting another job is the desire for instant results, and I dont think you pick clough for that. He is still a young man, be nice to see him get a 'project' where its recognised it takes time to build something.

This season is really important for Burton, they cant panic and appoint someone who will break the bank, they could easily end up back in the conference north or whatever its called in 3 or 4 seasons.

They will never be a club who will buy their way put of trouble.

If its true Burton fans are planning Clough out banners it shows what a clueless bunch they are.

Finishing mid table this season would be an excellent result, build again, have another go.

39 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Do you think it will be cloughs last job?

The problem with him getting another job is the desire for instant results, and I dont think you pick clough for that. He is still a young man, be nice to see him get a 'project' where its recognised it takes time to build something.

This season is really important for Burton, they cant panic and appoint someone who will break the bank, they could easily end up back in the conference north or whatever its called in 3 or 4 seasons.

They will never be a club who will buy their way put of trouble.

If its true Burton fans are planning Clough out banners it shows what a clueless bunch they are.

Finishing mid table this season would be an excellent result, build again, have another go.

I don't think it will be his last job but I hope it is.

I'm sure if he was the kind of manager that was happy to tout himself around send his CV in when another manager is under pressure, apply for jobs or declare his interest in them even before the current manager is fired, then he'd get offers.

He's not and he won't so the only job he'll get is if a chariman approaches him.

He could probably pick up a lower half championship side or maybe a top eight league one club.

I don't think many chairman have the patience or dare I say even the integrity levels that Nigel clearly needs.

So no I don't think it will be his last job but selfishly for me I'd like to see him step away and enjoy his life. 

The ideal scenario from my own point of view would be to see him go to the US and work for one of the major league franchises

I'm not close to him and don't know him as well as I used to but I do know he loves the US lifestyle and I think he's worked on enough really tough clubs here to now go and relax as much as he can. 

I think it's going to get worse before it gets better at Burton and I also don't think Ben is doing enough to paint a clearer picture of just what a difficult job Nigel has with the financial restrictions he faces.

I've decided though it's time for me to take a back seat in terms of getting involved online or at the ground on defending him.

It does no good, he doesn't need it, he's thick skinned enough to ignore the flack.

He'll be ok whatever happens.

On 22/08/2018 at 01:19, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

You still have parking facilities for a club that should be playing Moor Green .  It's a relief your in league one again as at least there aren't hundreds of cars dumped all over the road and pavements this season . 

Whereas the parking at Pride Park is more than adequate?

I feared relegation from the championship might start a tumble back down the leagues, and it’s not looking good. 

I have connections with the club and hope they can turn it around , but I think it’s easy to forget that realistically even league 2 is punching above their weight a bit.

Sith Happens
16 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Send some players out to Burton on a recall basis. 

You can only recall in January if all parties agree.

33 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Send some players out to Burton on a recall basis. 

I don't know for sure but I think we've asked and have been knocked back.

I don't believe we can afford the wages of some of your under 23 players never mind some of the older lads who aren't getting in the first team squad.

We certainly can't afford a loan fee.

6 hours ago, Grimbeard said:

Whereas the parking at Pride Park is more than adequate?

Come around and have a look at Burton Pirelli stadium area on a Saturday if they go up . Its like a setting from mad max .  Pride park is in the middle of an industrial estate . Hence the ease for dumping a car to walk a couple of minutes to the game doesn't exist wholesale Most people need to walk or get a bus/ taxi from the city centre or get dropped off.  A totally different frame of reference.  At least 1000 cars get dumped in this area of a mile radius around the ground . At about 20% of the average crowd that's the equivalent of about 5,400 being dumped in a mile of Derby. 

18 hours ago, ronnieronalde said:

I don't know for sure but I think we've asked and have been knocked back.

I don't believe we can afford the wages of some of your under 23 players never mind some of the older lads who aren't getting in the first team squad.

We certainly can't afford a loan fee.

The Derby/Burton connection has gone now with Rowett. Unless the Brewers become an almost “feeder” type club, doubt there is any reason to do favours.

The days of almost little brother rivalry and pitching up pre season for the Bass Vase look to have also gone, soon as Burton elevated to the same league that changed.

Odd games I went to, used to make me laugh, the kid running the club shop was selling tickets; even 2 years ago in the championship! They were so out of their depth in infrastructure it was unreal. That they got and stayed there was some feat, but totally unsustainable, to anyone who paid them a visit, with modicum of knowledge how other teams in the sane league operate.

Given rumblings coming out, keeping them in Div 1 will almost be as big a challenge.

Archived