Sign in to follow this  
David

Burton Albion Watch 18/19

7 minutes ago, Srg said:

All about your disposition I guess.

I'd watch Derby in non-league football, I just want to see us win games. Whoever we are playing doesn't matter to me.

So would I, but if an opportunity came up to play a top side I’d still take it. 

No guarantees we’d beat teams below us, cup games are tricky, rather be the underdog not expected to win.

9 minutes ago, David said:

So you’d be gutted to draw a team that if beaten would be special, but because we could also get beaten you’d rather not. Makes sense.

I realise the contradiction. My main point is about my gut feeling when the draw is made. In regards to the 4th round draw - if it had been Man United I would have been slightly disappointed. When it was Accrington, I was delighted.

1 minute ago, ronnieronalde said:

Which part of that do you think I'm disagreeing with pal?

You are 100% spot on from first to last word.

Sorry for being unclear. I meant it as in ‘I agree with your post. I hope you don’t see my post as challenging it’.

4 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

I realise the contradiction. My main point is about my gut feeling when the draw is made. In regards to the 4th round draw - if it had been Man United I would have been slightly disappointed. When it was Accrington, I was delighted.

My first thought was this will be difficult and so Derby to lose it, Zanzala winner. Our players could think they’ve won before stepping off the coach, Accrington play us off the park. Happens to the best of them. Much rather be facing Man United Saturday. Pressure off, free hit, go out there and have fun.

All eyes are on us though Saturday.

22 minutes ago, David said:

My first thought was this will be difficult and so Derby to lose it, Zanzala winner. Our players could think they’ve won before stepping off the coach, Accrington play us off the park. Happens to the best of them. Much rather be facing Man United Saturday. Pressure off, free hit, go out there and have fun.

All eyes are on us though Saturday.

I wasn't delighted because I thought it would be easy. I was delighted because, realistically (and not in your very Derby-centric, anxious view of the tie), it gives us a great chance of progressing. It's a new ground to tick off the list, which is made especially great by the fact that it's a very traditional, 'tinpot', stadium. It will be a great day on the piss. It's only 22 miles from my uni. Perfect.  

I think most fans on here don't care who we are playing. Most wouldn't touch a half n half scarf 

@TigerTedd is a extraordinary example. 

If you've truly embraced your team then you don't care if it's Eden Hazard or a water Hazard. You just want them to be on the losing team. You wouldn't go to a Derby v Man United game and hope Pogba performs so you get to see his mad skillz

I think the half and half tat winds people up because it's aimed at the casual fan. The fan sat at home now only getting Derby's results and forming their opinion by what the word on Twitter is. The fan that wanted to come to Wembley and kicked off because they didn't have/"lost" their customer number. The fan that will come to admire Eden Hazard. The fan that has heard Keogh is crap so therefore he's crap and they will get a season ticket for the PL but will give it a miss if we are relegated to a league people won't be talking about Monday morning

I mean there's nowt wrong with a casual fan really is there? They aren't hurting anyone. It's their money to spend. 

But they just don't geddit! They're waving their half and half scarf. They're talking about the cool features in the brand new BMW. And you just want to beat them to near death with that matchday program they bought. 

"Oh that was a great turn by Mata, though. Nothing our left back could do."

Our left back is called Malone and it wasn't a great turn. If you liked it that much then piss off to Manchester or Spain or anywhere but near me!! 

2 hours ago, Alpha said:

I think most fans on here don't care who we are playing. Most wouldn't touch a half n half scarf 

@TigerTedd is a extraordinary example. 

If you've truly embraced your team then you don't care if it's Eden Hazard or a water Hazard. You just want them to be on the losing team. You wouldn't go to a Derby v Man United game and hope Pogba performs so you get to see his mad skillz

I think the half and half tat winds people up because it's aimed at the casual fan. The fan sat at home now only getting Derby's results and forming their opinion by what the word on Twitter is. The fan that wanted to come to Wembley and kicked off because they didn't have/"lost" their customer number. The fan that will come to admire Eden Hazard. The fan that has heard Keogh is crap so therefore he's crap and they will get a season ticket for the PL but will give it a miss if we are relegated to a league people won't be talking about Monday morning

I mean there's nowt wrong with a casual fan really is there? They aren't hurting anyone. It's their money to spend. 

But they just don't geddit! They're waving their half and half scarf. They're talking about the cool features in the brand new BMW. And you just want to beat them to near death with that matchday program they bought. 

"Oh that was a great turn by Mata, though. Nothing our left back could do."

Our left back is called Malone and it wasn't a great turn. If you liked it that much then piss off to Manchester or Spain or anywhere but near me!! 

I do like to be described as extraordinary. That’ll get me through the day, like a digital hug. 

You also pretty much described me to a T with the rest of your post though. So that put me down in the dumps again. 

1 hour ago, TigerTedd said:

I do like to be described as extraordinary. That’ll get me through the day, like a digital hug. 

You also pretty much described me to a T with the rest of your post though. So that put me down in the dumps again. 

How can you be a casual fan though when you're on here all the time and have followed the highs and lows. You don't just check the results on Saturday night and have a quick look through Twitter to see who's to blame before adding your outrage.

13 minutes ago, Alpha said:

How can you be a casual fan though when you're on here all the time and have followed the highs and lows. You don't just check the results on Saturday night and have a quick look through Twitter to see who's to blame before adding your outrage.

I don’t have Twitter, I get all my opinions from @MuespachRam.

i might get more half and half scarves just remind me which matches I’ve been too. I can’t remember who I’ve actually seen.