Burton Albion Watch 18/19

David

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It’s pretty strange how Nigel and Bywater have ended up together.

Had a bust up in 2011. With Bywater and those cryptic tweets then being shipped out to Cardiff.

Was training to join the MMA at some stage, Stephen not Nigel obviously. Guessing that didn’t pan out and now seems to have become abit of a nut job with the blow up dolls and “ that” artwork. Really odd man

Sith Happens
Just now, BurtonRam7 said:

I find that the Burton fanbase has a higher proportion of entitled ***** than any other club I know of. Their attempted rivalry with Derby is quite simply embarrassing.

I am absolutely loving this.

I know we are talking small numbers with Burton, but wouldnt surprise me if half of them there today had never been to watch burton before they made it to this level.

50 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

I know we are talking small numbers with Burton, but wouldnt surprise me if half of them there today had never been to watch burton before they made it to this level.

Wouldn’t be surprised if attendances have dropped hugely after the majority of their fans have their first taste of things not being so rosy.

Sith Happens
4 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

Wouldn’t be surprised if attendances have dropped hugely after the majority of their fans have their first taste of things not being so rosy.

Burton are punching above their weight at League 1 level, never mind Championship level.

I like Burton as a club, and always look for their results. Seems their fanbase leaves something to be desired though,

4 hours ago, David said:

I know we have a few part time Brewers on here, sounds like the season has got off to a flyer, why @Ryan O'Meara is even there I will never know.

Wasn't as bad as he's making out but it was bad enough.

"We are going down, say we are going down" after 20 minutes of the first home game of the season.

A real set of morons.

As for the game, we were very poor first twenty five. Conceded the second twenty seconds after missing a glorious chance to make it 1-1.

Buxton and Bray both struggled first half but it was more down to having a non existent midfield.

Subbed bucko, dropped mcdafzean into the back four and pummelled them second half.

No idea how we didn't get a point.

The atmospher vrirst half was toxic and I really think as much as anything else, th vsupporters need to have a look at the negative impact of their actions.

bankers.

The problem of rising through the leagues rapidly and then being sent back down. Too many new fans who haven’t seen the joys of rising through non league football and now they want some success. 

2 hours ago, David said:

Gillingham 3-1 Burton won’t help, nor will being sat in 23rd place in the table. Only 2 games but still, boo boys don’t need much to go on.

You're spot on David.

Signs of unrest again today with a couple of them nearly fighting each other and ME getting told to sit down ******** sit down see you next Tuesday. Which might please and certainly won't surprise some of you.

Scot Fraser our "big" summer signing (free transfer big) goes down injured off the ball, writing in absolute agony the three subs go out to warm up including bucko. 

Some bright spark stand up shouting duck off Clough and take that useless see you next Tuesday Buxton with you

I make the loud comment that it's a good job you can't get arrested for being stupid and all hell breaks loose. 

I really, reallu, really dislike Burton Albions "Burton boys" thick as pig poo and with about the same level of class.

It's either going to be a very long and tough season for me personally, you all know I won't sir or stand quietly by and of course that makes me a target.

It's a tough life being a Nigel Clough bum boy.

How long do you 

19 minutes ago, ronnieronalde said:

You're spot on David.

Signs of unrest again today with a couple of them nearly fighting each other and ME getting told to sit down ******** sit down see you next Tuesday. Which might please and certainly won't surprise some of you.

Scot Fraser our "big" summer signing (free transfer big) goes down injured off the ball, writing in absolute agony the three subs go out to warm up including bucko. 

Some bright spark stand up shouting duck off Clough and take that useless see you next Tuesday Buxton with you

I make the loud comment that it's a good job you can't get arrested for being stupid and all hell breaks loose. 

I really, reallu, really dislike Burton Albions "Burton boys" thick as pig poo and with about the same level of class.

It's either going to be a very long and tough season for me personally, you all know I won't sir or stand quietly by and of course that makes me a target.

Not had much opportunity to catch Burton pre-season as I usually do, but will get to a game or 2 soon.

How are the 'marquee signings' looking?

Given that Gillingham have hovered above the relegation zone the past 2 seasons, were Burton unlucky or just embarrassed by a mediocre side?

Do you think Nige will turn it around (I'm assuming the dressing room hasn't gone yet) and get them back toward the top or languish in the bottom half until Ben has seen enough?

2 hours ago, ronnieronalde said:

You're spot on David.

Don’t worry Ronnie, a fair few will go back to Man Utd or Chelsea as the season goes on. 

Reckon best thing for Burton is Boyce seems to be hitting the net, him being fit this year is a new signing in itself. Got to sort that defence though and Bywater, first choice? Hmmm.

1 hour ago, Rample said:

How long do you 

Not had much opportunity to catch Burton pre-season as I usually do, but will get to a game or 2 soon.

How are the 'marquee signings' looking?

Given that Gillingham have hovered above the relegation zone the past 2 seasons, were Burton unlucky or just embarrassed by a mediocre side?

Do you think Nige will turn it around (I'm assuming the dressing room hasn't gone yet) and get them back toward the top or languish in the bottom half until Ben has seen enough?

He won't lose the dressing room, they're his players so pretty loyal to him.

A lot depends on how toxic it gets between the fans, him and then whether that extends to having a go at the players as well.

Today the morons were hammering everyone apart from Liam Boyce amdaube Rhys Hutchinson the seventeen year old left back who came on to replace injured McCrory one of our only FIVE defenders with first team experience.

Bucko and Bywater are the Scapegoat but today they all were hammeree, even Lucas akins who as you probably know has worked his balls off for the club.

The marquee signings, Fraser looks good, keeps the ball well, a it like Coutts in that respect Andhra got some quality in and around rh box bit today he went down off the ball and that's never a good sign.

Templeton looks very promising but we've only seen him for twenty five minutes over two games.

Can Nige turn it around, yes of course. 

Will he? We need two players, a defender with pace who can cover right across the back four and a central midfielder with a bit of nous.

Where's John Eustace when you need him? 

On your question that I missed answering.

The result was embarrassing, the defending at times embarrassing but...

First thirty very solid defensively got the goal and should have had another

Their first goal young Ben fox (19 I think) gave it away cheaply in midfield and they ran at us with pace. Second was a quality freekick from a no foul bit a stupid lunge.

Twenty minutes of us really knocking on their door but not scoring, then they had a ten minute spell where they got the third and could have had two or three more.

We play some very good stuff in spells bit it's no good doing that from two goals behind, we've got to stop giving goals away.

Gillingham surprised me with how big and physically strong they were. Their front three were good 

1 hour ago, ronnieronalde said:

On your question that I missed answering.

The result was embarrassing, the defending at times embarrassing but...

First thirty very solid defensively got the goal and should have had another

Their first goal young Ben fox (19 I think) gave it away cheaply in midfield and they ran at us with pace. Second was a quality freekick from a no foul bit a stupid lunge.

Twenty minutes of us really knocking on their door but not scoring, then they had a ten minute spell where they got the third and could have had two or three more.

We play some very good stuff in spells bit it's no good doing that from two goals behind, we've got to stop giving goals away.

Gillingham surprised me with how big and physically strong they were. Their front three were good 

Is that 2 goals for Boyce now? 

Rumours that Aberdeen might try to tempt him North before the end of August. There's a lot of pressure from the fans to spend £ and Boyce or Moult are favourites. 

Templeton? He's not the ex Hearts player is he? 

23 minutes ago, CWC1983 said:

Is that 2 goals for Boyce now? 

Rumours that Aberdeen might try to tempt him North before the end of August. There's a lot of pressure from the fans to spend £ and Boyce or Moult are favourites. 

Templeton? He's not the ex Hearts player is he? 

Yes it's that Templeton.

He looks good, I watched a lot of his highlights once we signed him and he's got a knack of making late runs into the box, which suits Nigel perfectly

He'll link up really well with Boyce, he's very clever around the box and I've got high hopes for him as long as he gets fully fit, he's a week or so behind and to be honest I don't know why. I hope he's not another Chris Maguire, bags of talent but not prepared to put the hard yards in

Boyce has been brilliant, his hold up play superb, his work rate immense and he's got his two goals.

It's certainly not his fault we've lost two games.

I've heard of the Aberdeen link I don't know how much you know about their budget mate but my feeling they couldn't afford him

I think if we were going to lose him it would have been to a championship club. 

Of course I'll be nervous as hell until the 31st has been and gone.

Hell get 15 before Christmas and then we'll have to battle to keep him after January

Hopefully we'll be top six and he'll want to hang around.

He is MUCH too good to be playing league one and it breaks my heart that we didn't have him fully fit last season

We'd have been well clear of bottom three.

@ronnieronalde

Cheers, you've pretty much nailed Templeton on the head. Loads of talent when he was young but made a terrible career choice by going to Rangers and wasted 2 season's. He's never really recovered, but if Nigel can get him to knuckle down then there's an exciting player in there. Good comparison with McGuire.

Boyce: Aberdeen started a membership scheme pre season and said any money raised would be spent on transfers. As of yet, the club has raised circa £1m and spent zero. Theres pressure from the fans to spend before 31st. Mciness said last night he has 2 irons in the fire and the obvious gap in the squad is a lack of a goalscorer.  

To be honest, I dont think we would spend £1m on a player, and it doesnt sound like Boyce fancies Scotland again, unless Celtic comes calling, which they wont. 

All the best for the coming season ?

Archived