Welsh Wizard.

Curtains

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure which game you were watching, he was poor and wasteful all game as was Wilson, the header was the only good thing he did all game, admittedly it was a fantastic header but it doesn’t mask over a poor performance by him. 

Bennett was really good when he came on though. Never thought I’d say this but I’d be tempted to play both Bennett and Jozefzoon against Leeds ahead of Lawrence and Wilson, but it would be hard to drop Lawrence after scoring a 94th minute header.

5 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Not sure which game you were watching, he was poor and wasteful all game as was Wilson, the header was the only good thing he did all game, admittedly it was a fantastic header but it doesn’t mask over a poor performance by him. 

Bennett was really good when he came on though. Never thought I’d say this but I’d be tempted to play both Bennett and Jozefzoon against Leeds ahead of Lawrence and Wilson, but it would be hard to drop Lawrence after scoring a 94th minute header.

Didn’t watch. Just saw the great goal on TV. 

I know he’s a good player though 

I think he's been very good pre season but last night he was back to his too many touches self.

Less is more for Lawrence. Touch the ball less, if there's a good passing chance then take it. Don't use it as a decoy every time. And when he does that the team plays better. And when the team plays better he gets more of the ball in areas where he can have a go. 

Less is more, Tom!! 

The header was great. But a bit of a poor performance for the other 93 minutes and 59 seconds. 

And Wilson. Chill brother. If you truly are as good as you're trying to show us then we'll see it in good time. Don't force what's not there. Chances will come if you work for the team first. 

Both wingers and Wisdom played their own private game. Everyone else was just a touch too nervous/hyped imo. 

It was an anxious performance.

30 minutes ago, Alpha said:

I think he's been very good pre season but last night he was back to his too many touches self.

They all were not on it, mostly. You can't single just one player out when they're trying to play fast, possession based football.

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

They all were, mostly. You can't single just one player out when they're trying to play fast, possession based football.

I thought Mount looked sharp throughout. 

Did you see him keep getting frustrated when he'd earn himself a yard of space and Wisdom or Ledley would go safe?

Very early days but he looks like he's going to be one of the top players in this league. When you consider some of the players knocking about at Stoke and Villa etc that's some achievement for his age. 

1 minute ago, Alpha said:

I thought Mount looked sharp throughout. 

Did you see him keep getting frustrated when he'd earn himself a yard of space and Wisdom or Ledley would go safe?

There was only Keogh and Lowe really attempting to play out from the back. Davies got away with being mostly invisible (their goal?) and Wizzy just looked poor (and slow, how fast was their wide man?!). Very early days but I think it will have given Frankie much food for thought about the players.

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

There was only Keogh and Lowe really attempting to play out from the back. Davies got away with being mostly invisible (their goal?) and Wizzy just looked poor (and slow, how fast was their wide man?!). Very early days but I think it will have given Frankie much food for thought about the players.

I thought we missed Huddlestone to take the pressure pass and use it which is a strength of his - Reading winger is one of the quickest in the league- most forwards for us didn’t do much at all but Bennett showed again that he has something to offer 

I've not been TL's biggest fan as regular readers will know, and I'm still not. BUT He put himself about a bit yesterday, got stuck in and was looking for the ball. Don't think he knew exactly where to run sometimes with our "flexible" mid-field all over the shop behind him. I'm going to give him a bit more time.

Basic faults are still there but it was a good goal (my neighbour reckons he was knocked off balance by the defender and that is why he scored!) 

When he starts using his brain I'll except he's a good player. He doesn't seem to know where the goal is on occasions, a couple of his efforts last night demonstrated this clearly.

Ledley took the michael out of his headed goal, which was special, as it's unlikely he will ever repeat this. You watch him do it next game now!

3 hours ago, McLovin said:

but it would be hard to drop Lawrence after scoring a 94th minute header.

It would be insane. After a bad game he pulled out of the bag the determination and desire, not to mention incredible technical skill, under serious pressure, a world class goal... he must be feeling amazing after that absolute goal of the season so far. And you might drop him?

I'd consider that poor management.

Archived