Khabib v McGregor

Day

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
8 minutes ago, Alpha said:

And more publicity?

Naturally. Knows what he’s doing, all the drama outside the octogan has helped build his profile.

Obviously when it comes down to fighting he’s more than handy, but to be a top earner you need the ego and tattoos to add those zeros on the cheques.

No way would they have banned him from fighting, too much tax money to be made not just from this but the rematch in Russia which will happen regardless of the outcome.

• 3 weeks later...

Ended up as a promo for his Proper whiskey that’s also the canvas sponsor for the fight! Khabib looked a little rattled towards the end, McGregor is relentless on the mic. Looked like he may have had a couple of those whiskeys beforehand.

• 2 weeks later...

Can't wait for this.

I think McGregor will take this in three. Against Al Iaqinta, Khabib looked notably tired after trying to take him down for 15-20 minutes. Against a better striker he'd have got clipped alot more.

Good event, see Pettis, Reyes and Volkov winning for the other main card fights.

4 hours ago, Red_Dawn said:

Can't wait for this.

I think McGregor will take this in three. Against Al Iaqinta, Khabib looked notably tired after trying to take him down for 15-20 minutes. Against a better striker he'd have got clipped alot more.

Good event, see Pettis, Reyes and Volkov winning for the other main card fights.

I'd be really surprised if Pettis beat Ferguson, agree about the other undercard fights though.

Really think McGregor needs to get it done inside 2, as I'm still not convinced about his cardio.  Seen several interviews in the last few weeks and always sounds over amped and breathless and still looks big for weight.  Think he's already looking at the new 165 belt that's rumoured and the trilogy with Nate if he beats Pourier.

15 hours ago, Gap tooth ram said:

I'd be really surprised if Pettis beat Ferguson, agree about the other undercard fights though.

Really think McGregor needs to get it done inside 2, as I'm still not convinced about his cardio.  Seen several interviews in the last few weeks and always sounds over amped and breathless and still looks big for weight.  Think he's already looking at the new 165 belt that's rumoured and the trilogy with Nate if he beats Pourier.

I'd tend to agree but think Ferguson has rushed coming back too early, and he always gets tagged.

Pettis has the ability to put him out, he's my bet for an underdog winner.. 

9 hours ago, Red_Dawn said:

I'd tend to agree but think Ferguson has rushed coming back too early, and he always gets tagged.

Pettis has the ability to put him out, he's my bet for an underdog winner.. 

Just feel Ferguson is too durable for him.  Both excellent strikers but Ferguson has tremendous BJJ and can see it ending on the mat.

Archived