Ola Aina - Joined Torino

DcFc Dyycheee

21 minutes ago, Whoneedshuls said:

Is there any point in another RB When we have a brilliant one in wisdom ?

Wisdom will eventually be moved back to centre back I imagine. Aina may not be as good or strong as Wisdom defensively but by all accounts, he is better going forward. Lampard wants his two full backs to push on high up the pitch. It’s not like McClaren where one full back stayed back whilst the full back on the opposite side pushed on.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

dont think we need him to be honest rarther have boygle and maybe loan a lb for cover for lowe

Aina is a left back and right back. If we sign him then it would be because he can play in different positions and keep a consistent level.

4 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Aina is a left back and right back. If we sign him then it would be because he can play in different positions and keep a consistent level.

ahhhh! didnt know this. could be decent then for helping cover the defense id still only get him on a loan until  christmas when olsen gets back

1 hour ago, Cam the Ram said:

I didn't get that impression from any Hull fans I'd spoken to or seen speak about him (admittedly very few). I got the impression he was inconsistent and not the best defensively 

Fit's our profile exactly. (Joke)

I did write something about this in the Bryam thread. 

I think full back will be crucial to our attacking play this year and having 4 quality full back will be important with them all paying between 20-30 games each. Look at City last year they rotated Walker/Delph/Danilo/Mendy(when fit)/Zinchenco regularly to ensure they were fresh all season it worked really well. 

I’m not for one second saying we are Man City but I’d imagine it’s something FL looked at and thought we need a specific type of player to play that role and players just as good to take there place if someone’s not fit. All the players we are looking at in this position seem to be really good going forward. With LB I think Fozzy might not fit that mound anymore and RB as good as he might be Boyle would probably be if it from a loan or another 23s season as if wisdom is injured will he be able to step up and is it right to put him there this early?

I think it would be good business. 

Good player. I'd be happy to see him come in. He offers strength in depth, plus there's nothing to say that he won't force his way into the first team regularly. He's played RB more, but he's had a lot of games at LB. Suits us down to the ground. 

Okay, being a Chelsea fan I know quite a bit about Aina. Watched him for Hull last season since we had 3-4 players loaned out there last season. Like @Cam the Ram said, I'd have to agree with what he's heard in that he was very good offensively but somewhat suspect defensively. However, he had a very long season and in the second half of the season actually improved defensively. This is the short summary of it and if you wish for insight from what I've seen of him at the youth level - I think he's good(maybe lower prem potential) but we've been lucky to have two better youth right backs in subsequent years(Reece James and Dujon Sterling). 

I do get the feeling Frank is unsure about Wisdom at full back, as he's not a full on Max Lowe join the attack type. Moving forward he seemed to edge infield on the halfway line (really where Keogh should be) rather than going to the touchline and overlapping a lot during preseason.

PistoldPete2
2 hours ago, McLovin said:

Full back is not our strongest position. Lowes pre season form has been a bonus but he has been injury prone. Wisdom was often second choice behind Baird last season. 

3 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

Please don't take this the wrong way, it's a genuine question. 

How many Hull games did you see last year other than the brief highlights to draw that conclusion? 

My mates a hull season ticket owner (or whatever their equivalent is)

I asked him... he said he was class, he previously told me Harry Wilson was class too.

Happy with that?

Archived