Real put £670m price tag on Modric, 32

Rample

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Rample said:

Real Madrid have put a £670m price tag on 32-year-old Croatia midfielder Luka Modric, named player of the 2018 World Cup, to deter Inter Milan from making any approach.

The Mirror.

That’s like dr. Evil saying ‘we want 10 squillion dollars.’

42 minutes ago, Rample said:

Real Madrid have put a £670m price tag on 32-year-old Croatia midfielder Luka Modric, named player of the 2018 World Cup, to deter Inter Milan from making any approach.

The Mirror.

when does his contract end, if it is in 2 years they better shift him or he will only be worth £300m next year

Transfer clauses are ridiculous over here. I was told the other day that a teenager at Valencia had a clause of 150 million euros. I'd never even heard of him. It's true I've watched very little Spanish football recently but even my Valencia supporting friends had never mentioned him before.

The reason it is so high is because Spanish clubs have to legally put on a release clause in every players' contract and they make it so high that nobody would ever pay it. Ronaldo had a release clause of £1bn but was sold recently for the paltry sum of £100m. Think of it like the DFS sale, where sofas that cost £1000 are almost always available at 50% off.

2 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

I don't see anything in Modric that Will Hughes couldn't do. 

Modric is a quicker, fitter and two footed version of Hughes and also possesses a greater ranger of passing, a greater variety of passes and is better in tighter areas. 

8 minutes ago, cannable said:

Modric is a quicker, fitter and two footed version of Hughes and also possesses a greater ranger of passing, a greater variety of passes and is better in tighter areas. 

And that's just for starters.

Archived