NFL Fantasy 2018-19

r4derby

5 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Chiefs DEF is a decent pickup.

The stronger an offense, the easier the game for the defense. It usually means your opponents are chasing the game, and therefore taking bigger risks, which leads to DEF turnovers being more likely.

While the Saints, for example, do have playmakers on that side of the ball they're the 2nd best scoring DEF over the last two weeks primarily because the offense has been so hot. 

I would feel more comfortable with my pickup and selection if the approval came from someone that didn’t fluke their way to victory, going all out on inconsistent Saints players that manage to pull off worldys against the better teams you’ve come up against ?

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, David said:

I would feel more comfortable with my pickup and selection if the approval came from someone that didn’t fluke their way to victory, going all out on inconsistent Saints players that manage to pull off worldys against the better teams you’ve come up against ?

I understand the bitterness, but playing the no.2 WR of the no.1 offense isn't much of a risk - especially when your other options for WR are no.3 WRs for lesser teams. I'd say him not being targeted against the Bengals is far more of an outlier than his 30pt game against the Eagles.
And I didn't start him at all before the Bengals game.

I assume you're talking about Smith at least - Both Ingram and Thomas are my most consistent players at their positions, by far.

Besides - I've only beaten two of the teams with better rosters than mine.

Lost to a couple with worse though ? 

1 minute ago, SaintRam said:

I understand the bitterness, but playing the no.2 WR of the no.1 offense isn't much of a risk - especially when your other options for WR are no.3 WRs for lesser teams. I'd say him not being targeted against the Bengals is far more of an outlier than his 30pt game against the Eagles.
And I didn't start him at all before the Bengals game.

I assume you're talking about Smith at least - Both Ingram and Thomas are my most consistent players at their positions, by far.

Besides - I've only beaten two of the teams with better rosters than mine.

Lost to a couple with worse though ? 

Not bitterness, just an observation ?

Smith was on my mind, although Ingram would also fit that category, first featuring week 5 with a 21.3, followed by a week 7 6.2, week 8 12.2 and week 9 2.6.

Although in your defence if I may, I haven’t checked that deeply to see when you picked him up, but to this day it’s a coin flip if he will go 20 > this week or < 10.

I’m guessing < 10 as little rides on this week and then the play offs he will come in big for you ?

9 minutes ago, David said:

Not bitterness, just an observation ?

Smith was on my mind, although Ingram would also fit that category, first featuring week 5 with a 21.3, followed by a week 7 6.2, week 8 12.2 and week 9 2.6.

Although in your defence if I may, I haven’t checked that deeply to see when you picked him up, but to this day it’s a coin flip if he will go 20 > this week or < 10.

I’m guessing < 10 as little rides on this week and then the play offs he will come in big for you ?

He's gone 25, 22 and 8 for me.

His 6, 12, 6 was the leverage I used to trade for him, as I figured it would improve.

The possibility of low scoring weeks comes with the territory of sharing a backfield with Kamara - but he's far more likely to do me well than Jordan Howard or Nyheim bloody Hines. I might be dropping the latter completely soon. ? 

Interestingly enough, I didn't actually go for Ingram because he's a Saint - I literally spent two full work days ( ? ) scouring for a good RB - I made about 8 offers before the Ingram one was accepted. He was the best RB I could find who wasn't running really hot at the time, and was actually my last resort.
EDIT: Well actually Austin Ekeler was my last resort and I now kind of wished I'd traded for him with the Gordon injury lol

My no.1 target was Phillip Lindsay (who wasn't Leveons best RB at the time) but I couldn't find value that he found acceptable unfortunately.

7 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

He's gone 25, 22 and 8 for me.

His 6, 12, 6 was the leverage I used to trade for him, as I figured it would improve.

The possibility of low scoring weeks comes with the territory of sharing a backfield with Kamara - but he's far more likely to do me well than Jordan Howard or Nyheim bloody Hines. I might be dropping the latter completely soon. ? 

Interestingly enough, I didn't actually go for Ingram because he's a Saint - I literally spent two full work days ( ? ) scouring for a good RB - I made about 8 offers before the Ingram one was accepted. He was the best RB I could find who wasn't running really hot at the time, and was actually my last resort.
EDIT: Well actually Austin Ekeler was my last resort and I now kind of wished I'd traded for him with the Gordon injury lol

My no.1 target was Phillip Lindsay (who wasn't Leveons best RB at the time) but I couldn't find value that he found acceptable unfortunately.

Couldn’t even get Ito Smith out if him, ignored my PM! Despite pulling your leg over Saints biased I went down a similar route with Sunu, Hooper and Ridley, sadly my pickups coincided with the Falcons trying to throw everything through Júlio Jones and leaving me looking like a right plum.

Think it’s predictable what will happen this week, my RB’s come up big when my offence takes the week off, with the Falcons season over barring a Christmas miracle and Juju Smith having his worldy out the way, I’m staring down the barrel of a Canero mouthful on Monday morning.

If I’m not online, I’ll be touring the world of Red Dead Redemption, waiting till a few pages have passed where I can slide in and pretend it didn’t happen and issue a warning to all those fighting me for the wooden spoon. 

10 minutes ago, David said:

Couldn’t even get Ito Smith out if him, ignored my PM! Despite pulling your leg over Saints biased I went down a similar route with Sunu, Hooper and Ridley, sadly my pickups coincided with the Falcons trying to throw everything through Júlio Jones and leaving me looking like a right plum.

Think it’s predictable what will happen this week, my RB’s come up big when my offence takes the week off, with the Falcons season over barring a Christmas miracle and Juju Smith having his worldy out the way, I’m staring down the barrel of a Canero mouthful on Monday morning.

If I’m not online, I’ll be touring the world of Red Dead Redemption, waiting till a few pages have passed where I can slide in and pretend it didn’t happen and issue a warning to all those fighting me for the wooden spoon. 

I think Juju should continue to see decent targets.

One of the problems faced is every experienced QB, when under pressure, has a target they vastly favour over others. 

Against a lot of DEF's Brees has been under no pressure and slinging it freely to undrafted free agents, but against the Rams, when we HAD to keep moving the chains, almost everything went through Thomas and Kamara.

With Matt Ryan and your Falcons, Ridley has been trusted less as games have, somewhat unexpectedly, gone against you - in the Browns and Cowboys - because that describes a faltering gameplan, and in such situations QBs have to improvise more and will go to relationships they've far more experience with. But Ridley was back among the targets against the Saints, where the gameplan was undone more by personal error than anything else. So you shouldn't lose faith.

I don't see Juju's production waning. It might not spike as high as it did against Denver but I'd expect him to be a safe 15+ a game for the rest of the season.

6 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

I think Juju should continue to see decent targets.

One of the problems faced is every experienced QB, when under pressure, has a target they vastly favour over others. 

Against a lot of DEF's Brees has been under no pressure and slinging it freely to undrafted free agents, but against the Rams, when we HAD to keep moving the chains, almost everything went through Thomas and Kamara.

With Matt Ryan and your Falcons, Ridley has been trusted less as games have, somewhat unexpectedly, gone against you - in the Browns and Cowboys - because that describes a faltering gameplan, and in such situations QBs have to improvise more and will go to relationships they've far more experience with. But Ridley was back among the targets against the Saints, where the gameplan was undone more by personal error than anything else. So you shouldn't lose faith.

I don't see Juju's production waning. It might not spike as high as it did against Denver but I'd expect him to be a safe 15+ a game for the rest of the season.

Holefully that’s the case with Juju, but with Antonio Brown the main target and running it with James Conner, wouldn’t be a shock to see him around 12pts this week, rather than the 20 ish needed really with the reduced targets Ridley has seen.

With Ridley though he’s there for the big plays, the moment of magic, should have caught one last week for a TD, forget the yardage but it was maybe 30/40 ish which is often the case. 

Semi tempted to play John Brown who has been a flop since joining, although Carlos Hyde going the other way balances that out, with Lamar Jackson the running QB it’s a risk with the limited targets he’s seen so far, this is the Falcons defence though, give me a helmet I reckon I can grab a TD and the first drive, woeful at the minute. 

Drop Sunu or Ridley for Brown though you know they will go big. Decisions decisions.

1 hour ago, Carnero said:

Happy with my DEF options after picking up the Seahawks - over the final 4 weeks Seahawks/Broncos allows my team to face 49ers, 49ers, 49ers, Raiders.

Suprised I managed to get Jonnu Smith back with Phyzekial looking for a TE.

Missed out on David Moore but have took an outside punt on Rex Burkhead for the playoff weeks basically because Belichick usually pulls a rabbit out of the hat as the season goes on.

I'm sure I went in for him.. ha. Maybe I've messed it up, will check on dinner. 

Originally I think I went for someone else, cancelled it and changed it to him. Does that lose my Waiver priority?

1 minute ago, Mr Tibbs said:

I'm sure I went in for him.. ha. Maybe I've messed it up, will check on dinner. 

Originally I think I went for someone else, cancelled it and changed it to him. Does that lose my Waiver priority?

Shouldn't do - but if you picked up someone else at a higher priority that sets your priority to last.

2 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

No point wasting a bench spot with a defence at this stage of the season ? you should waiver the Vikings ????

Haha! Tbh, I 100% would if there was literally anyone on waivers that would even improve me, but I don't see that player.

7 minutes ago, David said:

Holefully that’s the case with Juju, but with Antonio Brown the main target and running it with James Conner, wouldn’t be a shock to see him around 12pts this week, rather than the 20 ish needed really with the reduced targets Ridley has seen.

With Ridley though he’s there for the big plays, the moment of magic, should have caught one last week for a TD, forget the yardage but it was maybe 30/40 ish which is often the case. 

Semi tempted to play John Brown who has been a flop since joining, although Carlos Hyde going the other way balances that out, with Lamar Jackson the running QB it’s a risk with the limited targets he’s seen so far, this is the Falcons defence though, give me a helmet I reckon I can grab a TD and the first drive, woeful at the minute. 

Drop Sunu or Ridley for Brown though you know they will go big. Decisions decisions.

I think, usually, when a DEF is ranking highly v WRs at this stage of the season its because they don't give up many big plays. This could be for a number of reasons, (running deeper DEF for example, or rushing the passer well) but most of the reasons (including the two mentioned) will result in there being a bit more potential than usual in the short yardage slot routs, which is what Sanu plays. QB gets the ball out quicker, and the Reciever plays between the lines. Plus with Falcons lacking much of a run threat at all, short yardage passing will probably be their go-to for moving the chains.

Ridleys more of a deep threat, so this game seems to set up as one where his potential usage is lighter.

Based on that, and not looking into it any further, I'd start Sanu over Ridley. Whether or not you play Ridley depends on your other option's potential.

Any deep threat playmaker does have the potential to have one huge play, even against great pass D - so you should only drop him if his replacement is a safe 10+ points.

2 minutes ago, Carnero said:

No guts, no glory @David - play Ridley!!!!!!

I think that’s how I will go, as Saint Ram said, Sunu picks up the short yardage which can add up, against a decent Ravens defence expect that’s the way we’ll go with an eye on Jones on 3rd downs. Running it would be a fools game, I say that partly because Rosen Ones has Tevin Coleman.

Ridley for Brown would be swapping deep threats, with Lamar Jackson favouring running the ball which should be easy enough against us, odds are in Ridley’s favour of Ryan picking him out for that one 10pt+ 50 yard TD 

1 minute ago, jimbo jones said:

At least I’m not the only one stressing over who to play ?

I think I'm settled but I was stressing for a couple of days.

I think Smith will play for the Saints, but against the Cowboys I expect most of the passing game to go through Thomas, as we'll run it a lot more.

I'm not going to drop Curtis Samuel while he maintains his TD streak.

So my only decision is who to put in Flex out of Josh Doctson, Taylor Gabriel, Antonio Callaway or Nyheim Hines - which in truth I think is a decision between Josh Doctson and Taylor Gabriel. I'll probably make a decision on Sunday.

With the zero RB draft strategy  I haven't had this problem in the flex position, my choice all season has been choosing between mid-level RB's which was made easier when I got Drake in and lost Howard/Crowell, as now Drake & Carson are pretty nailed on as my starting 2.

Archived